Quoted: 26357 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
11/20 16/20
Today Posts
2/11 ssss45902
Re: Chauvin Trial

Quote:
Originally Posted by shipoopi View Post
Stunned to see so much racism and hatred on this thread. George Floyd wasn't a saint, but so what? He didn't deserve to die for a suspected counterfeit bill. Chauvin is guilty of murder, and most Americans see this clearly according to polling data. There is no logical, sound, reasonable, or ethical way to defend Chauvin. Period.

Hello.

Die, please.

Thanks

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HSO For This Useful Post:
Ho.lee.chit, Morbid1973
The Following Users Say Fuck Off To This Post By HSO:
MeaningfulDeath
Old 04-16-2021, 02:06 AM
beepboop
Offline:
★ Legacy Member ★
Poster Rank:2456
Female

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 10/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss141

I don't agree with our police officers in America being trained by the Israeli military. That is where the knee on neck restraint technique comes from.
Our police officers should be trained in the US, by us citizens.

The Following Users Say Fuck Off To This Post By beepboop:
Desert Rat
Old 04-16-2021, 12:18 PM
Cathedral
Offline:
ego sum qui sum
Poster Rank:554

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 661 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
9/20 6/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss1403

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSO View Post
I was in the bathroom at Burger King today.

There was a commotion coming from the bathroom stall, when out came a man with a wet pantleg covered with toilet water & feces.

He told me he sent a turd to hell with his knee, since it wouldn’t voluntarily flush itself.

I admired his courage and gave him a fist-bump.

I never caught his name, but it doesn’t matter. I’m gonna call him “Chauvin.”
American justice and gastrointestinal peace. Everyone wins.

The Following Users Say Fuck Off To This Post By Cathedral:
SalemSaberhagen
Old 04-18-2021, 01:50 PM
niknik
Offline:
My Rank: MAJOR
Poster Rank:80

Mentioned: 255 Post(s)
Quoted: 7946 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
5/20 16/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss16003

Quote:
Stunned to see so much racism and hatred on this thread. George Floyd wasn't a saint, but so what? He didn't deserve to die for a suspected counterfeit bill. Chauvin is guilty of murder, and most Americans see this clearly according to polling data. There is no logical, sound, reasonable, or ethical way to defend Chauvin. Period.
No he didn't deserve to die. But why give Floyd every benefit of the doubt, and attribute the worst motive and intent towards the police?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to niknik For This Useful Post:
Desert Rat, ProfessorYaffle
The Following Users Say Fuck Off To This Post By niknik:
WonderMomma
Old 04-18-2021, 05:40 PM
niknik
Offline:

Activity Longevity
5/20 16/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss16003

Quote:
You're just closed minded, or just bias. You say logical, sound, reasonable or ethical way. There certainly is a logical, reasonable, and ethical way.

Ethically, he may have been trained do what he did. That department probably has done that hundreds of times without incident. So ethically, he was doing what he was trained to do, has done many times, seen done.

It's reasonable to think he wasn't applying very much pressure to Floyd, or that he believed he wasn't applying very much pressure, certainly reasonable to think he didn't believe he was going to kill him.

Which would make it logical to think he is innocent of murder.

I think its more ignorant to believe he was purposely trying to harm Floyd. With other cops watching, body cams recoding, citizen witnesses, citizens filming, and a crowd gathering very involved in the incident.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to niknik For This Useful Post:
MeatyBon, ProfessorYaffle
The Following Users Say Fuck Off To This Post By niknik:
WonderMomma
Old 04-18-2021, 11:34 PM
Natie
Offline:
Administrator
Poster Rank:268
Wicked Witch of the West

Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
Quoted: 3903 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
12/20 6/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss4032

Quote:
Originally Posted by niknik View Post
You're just closed minded, or just bias. You say logical, sound, reasonable or ethical way. There certainly is a logical, reasonable, and ethical way.

Ethically, he may have been trained do what he did. That department probably has done that hundreds of times without incident. So ethically, he was doing what he was trained to do, has done many times, seen done.

It's reasonable to think he wasn't applying very much pressure to Floyd, or that he believed he wasn't applying very much pressure, certainly reasonable to think he didn't believe he was going to kill him.

Which would make it logical to think he is innocent of murder.

I think its more ignorant to believe he was purposely trying to harm Floyd. With other cops watching, body cams recoding, citizen witnesses, citizens filming, and a crowd gathering very involved in the incident.
I mean that's all fine and well but this whole trial and every charge he is facing isn't on the grounds of intent. What he intended to do isn't on trial, what he did do is.

You can't in any possible way defend kneeling on someone who is unconscious. Kneeling on their back, legs, neck, elbow...any part of their body. If you are in police custody for any reason they are liable for your safety regardless of if you deserve it or not. Regardless of if the medical emergency is drug related, injury related, self-inflicted or cop related.

Forget the first 15 minutes of the tape. The moment that Floyd became unresponsive and those cops did nothing for him even though they are trained and obligated to, is the moment that will 100% get them convicted.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Natie For This Useful Post:
dankboosh, Meridian, SalemSaberhagen, Simone, WonderMomma
Old 04-19-2021, 11:12 AM
CockBreath
D.R.'s Forum Retard
Poster Rank:89
ima computah
Contributions: 1

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 10072 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
15/20 6/20
Today Posts
11/11 ssss14028

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natie View Post

You can't in any possible way defend kneeling on someone who is unconscious. Kneeling on their back, legs, neck, elbow...any part of their body. If you are in police custody for any reason they are liable for your safety regardless of if you deserve it or not. Regardless of if the medical emergency is drug related, injury related, self-inflicted or cop related.
actually you can defend it. easily. police procedure in the department lists the knee restraint as a non-lethal manuver that can be held safely for up to 25 mins. any healthy person would have been totally fine in the restraint.

Quote:
Forget the first 15 minutes of the tape. The moment that Floyd became unresponsive and those cops did nothing for him even though they are trained and obligated to, is the moment that will 100% get them convicted.
this is false too. we got testimony in the trial that states perps have been known to rise after a few seconds after being knocked unconscious and often times they will be in a state of frenzy. police had to protect themselves, bystanders, and floyd himself from running into traffic that was continuing to buzz by.

also, testimony states the ambulance should have been on the scene within 4 mins. it is easy to imagine chauvin was trying to restrain floyd until paramedics arrived on the scene so he could get proper medical care. what were the police gonna do? they called the ambulance immediately. it would have been reasonable for chauvin to simply restrain floyd until the ambulance got there, after all, it is their job to secure the scene for an ambulance. letting floyd up to fight some more would be detrimental to the situation.

if he did "die on camera" as you seem to want to believe, then there is nothing the police could have done. and regular people don't die after being in a non lethal restraint for a few mins. bottom line is floyd was unhealthy, high on drugs, and he died while frantically resisting arrest. it is sad and tragic, but no need to get all excited and call this murder because of it.

The Following User Says Thank You to CockBreath For This Useful Post:
ProfessorYaffle
The Following Users Say Fuck Off To This Post By CockBreath:
WonderMomma
Old 04-20-2021, 03:49 PM
WonderMomma
Offline:
ProMisanthrope
Poster Rank:838
Lady, lady, lady... lady powers.
Contributions: 12

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 260 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
14/20 13/20
Today Posts
4/11 ssssss748

A verdict has been reached and will be read within the next hour or so. New thread regarding the verdict here: https://www.documentingreality.com/f...-00-et-222539/

Desert Rat, Pyramid_Head, Simone
Old 04-20-2021, 09:25 PM
Pyramid_Head
Offline:
Poster Rank:93
Male

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 1219 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
5/20 16/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss13153

Quote:
Originally Posted by WonderMomma View Post
A verdict has been reached and will be read within the next hour or so. New thread regarding the verdict here: https://www.documentingreality.com/f...-00-et-222539/
Guilty on all 3 counts.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pyramid_Head For This Useful Post:
WonderMomma, Wynterblyss
Old 04-21-2021, 10:16 AM
niknik
Offline:

Activity Longevity
5/20 16/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss16003

Quote:
I mean that's all fine and well but this whole trial and every charge he is facing isn't on the grounds of intent. What he intended to do isn't on trial, what he did do is.

I disagree. What got him 100% convicted was pressure, fear, repercussions, intimidation. The jury I guarantee was terrified to do anything but convict.

This trial should have been moved away from Minneapolis. If this isn't a candidate for change of venue I don't know what case would be. It also should have had the jury sequestered, again, if this case isn't a candidate for that, I don't know what is.

You have powerful politicians, even the freaking president stating that he should be found guilty before the jury was deliberating. Some journalists have searched through records and media reports to see if a president has ever commented on a cases outcome before the verdict. And this is the first time in American history it's happened.

Just think if you're a juror, and the president of the United States says you should find him guilty. Other politicians are promising/ threatening violence if you don't find him guilty. You watch the news and see them talking about whether the jury is racist, knowing your name will be released after the verdict.

I am certain if a few jurors refused to convict, their homes would be burnt to the ground. Their safety would be in jeopardy.

Regardless of how anyone feels. That's not justice, that's not how our system is supposed to be. A juror shouldn't have any fear at all about their decision.

And the fact he was on drugs, and enough to kill a person. Had a very serious health problem on top of it. The fact he was resisting, saying he can't breathe from the beginning. He might of even said he took too many drugs. Is more than enough for reasonable doubt about what killed him. It's entirely possible Floyd dies no matter what the police did.

I think he may have been guilty of the manslaughter charge. But the other charges are ridiculous. And the threat of the city being burned to the ground made it a trial about appeasing the mob. There was no trial. It was all a show.

And I'm sure this verdict will be thrown out, and he'll be retried. Nobody should be happy about this situation, this outcome. People should be extremely worried this is the way our system will work from now on. Mobs will threaten, the media will fan the flames, and the jurors will be terrified.

And you're wrong. The 3rd degree murder charge is all about intent. To be guilty of that charge the jury said he intended to kill Floyd. That he knew Floyd could die.

The Following User Says Thank You to niknik For This Useful Post:
ProfessorYaffle
The Following 2 Users Said Fuck Off to niknik For This Post:
Desert Rat, WonderMomma