Quoted: 123 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
4/20 12/20
Today Posts
1/11 ssssss244
Re: Alec Baldwin Fires Prop Gun on Set, Killing Cinematographer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyramid_Head View Post
No, it actually is the armorer's job. Why would it be Alec Baldwin's job to ensure a "prop gun" is safe? They literally hire "Experts" for that and the one they hired had apparently been fired in the past for negligence.
Bold of you to assume someone from Texas can read all that

Old 11-11-2021, 04:47 PM
richy_dong
Offline:
★ Legacy Member ★
Poster Rank:379
Male

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 200 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
2/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2564

Alec Baldwin is a fucking idiot

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to richy_dong For This Useful Post:
El_Guapo, HYPRTCKR, monkeyblitzkrieg, Morbid1973
Old 12-02-2021, 03:27 PM
Not_real
Offline:
♚ Legacy Gold Member ♚
Poster Rank:4193

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
2/20 8/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssssss61

Don't miss the new Stephanopoulos award winning journalism bonanza where Alec claims he doesn't know anything, none of its his fault and never pulled the trigger.

Code:
https://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/alec-baldwin-exclusive-trigger-pulled-pull-trigger/story?id=81491305

Would just like to say that I completely nailed this one from the very beginning if eyewitness testimony and common sense means anything to anyone. Even though he had his diehard supporters (one of my favorite contributors to this place William May) it was clearly his fault that bullet fired in that moment. Had he stuck to his training and been aware of the situation rather than careless this would have been effortlessly prevented.

Don't ever point a firearm at anyone and if you do touch one you better know what the fuck you're doing or you can be a loser just like Alec.

Old 12-03-2021, 03:37 AM
HYPRTCKR
Offline:
My Rank: GUNNERY SERGEANT
Poster Rank:591

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
14/20 1/20
Today Posts
4/11 sssss1307

~ It is easy to check a gun for blanks or live ammunition if you take the bullets out. If you don't, then they look the same from inside the barrel, the shell casing point of view.
~ If you take the bullets out then one can tell that the blanks have plastic tips whilst the live ammunition have metal projectile tips.
~ Both kind of bullets have gun powder explosives in them, but only one, the live ammunition, has a metal projectile in them.
~ Alec Baldwin claims he never pulled the trigger, but I think he said that on advice by his wife, who seems to be the one who is pulling his strings.
~ The only way a gun will shoot it's target is if it is aimed at it, & both the hammer spur has been 'previously' pulled & then the trigger is pulled, even if in a horseplay maneuver.
~ Or the hammer spur is defective/loose & strikes down on it's own.

~ One of the ways that live ammunition could have gotten in a 'prop' gun, was if someone was practicing/checking to make sure the gun wasn't misfiring or if it was not firing in the correct direction, at a target beforehand, but then got carelessly lost/forgotten about when blanks were being inserted/replaced instead.

Old 12-03-2021, 09:48 PM
quetza
Offline:
My Rank: SERGEANT
Poster Rank:897
male

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 115 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
4/20 16/20
Today Posts
2/11 ssssss693

Quote:
Originally Posted by HYPRTCKR View Post

~ The only way a gun will shoot it's target is if it is aimed at it, & both the hammer spur & trigger are pulled, even if in a horseplay maneuver.
do you honestly believe the statement you just made??. any one of the mechanisms of a firearm that prevent it from being fired without pulling the trigger can fail. thats one of the basic principles when people are taught about the "safety" switch on a gun: its a mechanical device and can fail. the same goes for all the guts of a firearm. a fault spring, a loose pin....anything! now the fewer moving parts there are the less likely that is to occur, which brings me the my point...

the gun used in the Rust shooting was a revolver. so unless the hammer is cocked back I would highly doubt the gun would fire unless the trigger was pulled (again, not impossible, but with a revolver its very unlikely). once that hammer is cocked back though there could be a failure and the gun could fire without the trigger being pulled.

do i believe alec? no

his defense is suddenly: I did not pull the trigger!!!

yeah that sounds super suspect

Old 12-04-2021, 04:49 AM
HYPRTCKR
Offline:
My Rank: GUNNERY SERGEANT
Poster Rank:591

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
14/20 1/20
Today Posts
4/11 sssss1307

Quote:
Originally Posted by quetza View Post
do you honestly believe the statement you just made??. any one of the mechanisms of a firearm that prevent it from being fired without pulling the trigger can fail. thats one of the basic principles when people are taught about the "safety" switch on a gun: its a mechanical device and can fail. the same goes for all the guts of a firearm. a fault spring, a loose pin....anything! now the fewer moving parts there are the less likely that is to occur, which brings me the my point...

the gun used in the Rust shooting was a revolver. so unless the hammer is cocked back I would highly doubt the gun would fire unless the trigger was pulled (again, not impossible, but with a revolver its very unlikely). once that hammer is cocked back though there could be a failure and the gun could fire without the trigger being pulled.

do i believe alec? no

his defense is suddenly: I did not pull the trigger!!!

yeah that sounds super suspect
~ I didn't mean you had to pull both at the same time......