Mentioned: 293 Post(s)
Quoted: 4620 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
17/20 20/20
Today Posts
9/11 ssss67731
Re: Corona Virus

Quote:
They're your furry best friend and a fixture of your home -- but could your beloved cat or dog give you coronavirus?

Last Friday, Hong Kong's Agriculture, Fisheries and Conservation Department (AFCD) said that samples from a dog's nasal and oral cavities had tested "weak positive" for novel coronavirus.
Initially, experts believed the virus was likely to be present only on the surface of the animal.
But this week authorities confirmed that the dog -- which has been in quarantine -- had repeatedly tested weak positive, indicating a low-level infection with the virus.
Experts, including those from the World Organization for Animal Health, unanimously agreed that it was likely a case of human-to-animal transmission.
But there's no need for pet owners to panic yet.

"There is currently no evidence that pet animals can be a source of infection of COVID-19 or that they can become sick," the AFCD spokesman said.
To be safe, the AFCD recommends that pet owners wash their hands after being around their animals, and avoid kissing them.
The department also "strongly advises" that pets of people infected with coronavirus should be quarantined.
Both Hong Kong Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (SPCA) and the World Organization for Animal Health reiterated that there is no evidence of pets becoming sick with Covid-19, even when infected.
"Members of the public are advised to differentiate that 'being infected' does not equal being infectious and capable of spreading the Covid-19 virus," Hong Kong SPCA said in a statement.

There were similar fears over coronavirus spreading to pets during the SARS outbreak in 2003, when over 280 people died in Hong Kong. Experts believe that both SARS and Covid-19 likely originated in bats.
Dogs and cats do get coronaviruses -- but they are usually not the same viruses associated with this outbreak, said Jane Gray, Hong Kong SPCA's chief veterinary surgeon. The strains dogs and cats typically get don't cause respiratory problems.
Back in 2003, scientists said the chance of getting SARS -- which is also a type of coronavirus -- from your cat was extremely remote.

Gray, who was working in Hong Kong during SARS, said the virus was found in a small number of cats, but there was no evidence that they could pass it to humans.

We know that coronaviruses can live on surfaces and objects, although researchers don't know exactly how long this virus can linger for.
This is such a concern in mainland China that the central bank has been deep cleaning and destroying potentially infected cash.
In the same way, coronavirus could be present on the surface of a dog or cat, even if the dog or cat hasn't actually contracted the virus.

"Present evidence suggests that dogs are no more of a risk of spreading (coronavirus) than inanimate objects such as door handles," wrote Sheila McClelland, the founder of Hong Kong-based Lifelong Animal Protection Charity (LAP), in a letter to the Hong Kong authorities, which she shared with CNN.
According to the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the main way the disease is spreading is from person-to-person, either from when people are close together, or from respiratory droplets when an infected person coughs and sneezes.

Old 03-06-2020, 08:50 PM
gimlet
Offline:
My Rank: SERGEANT MAJOR
Poster Rank:231
I'm American. Our shit smells like frankincense and myrrh

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 1445 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
6/20 16/20
Today Posts
2/11 sssss4944

Quote:
Originally Posted by lando76 View Post
Here in Ca. Several cases within an hour's drive. Several thousand walking around with it. We are fucked!! I'm going on lockdown starting Sunday. Been preparing since the first case in China. I knew when they started building 12 ft high dirt berms to block roads, shit was serious.

I am good for three months. 3000 rds for the looters.
3000 rounds might be good for starters for an assault rifle, but if you've got a belt fed like me you need 30,000+ rounds. A looter/thief came up my driveway cleverly disguised as a UPS deliver person this afternoon to steal my N95 masks and slab cracking ammo stockpile. A 2 second, 40 round burst from my MG-42 drilled him from crotch to sternum and he was dead and burning in Hell before he hit the ground...

The Following User Says Thank You to gimlet For This Useful Post:
Vorgrus
Old 03-08-2020, 06:07 AM
Sterlig
Offline:
***** Cat
Poster Rank:244
Female
Contributions: 4

Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Quoted: 2571 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 11/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss4556

Quote:
Originally Posted by PancakeTushy View Post
I work in a doctors office. My state confirmed the virus today. The patient isn’t even an hour from me

What the Tennessee Department of Health is telling medical providers is, if a patient comes in with symptoms to call the health department and they’ll guide us on what to do. We were told today that if a patient shows up with symptoms to make them go outside and call us from their cell phone and talk to them. They aren’t even supposed to enter the building if they’re suspected to be infected.
There are twenty cases in our province here, and the retirement home I work at has just started screening absolutely everyone that walks in the door they have to sign a paper stating they do not have symptoms and have not come into contact with anyone who has a fever. It's getting real creepy now.

I'm glad they introduced the document after I had the flu because if they had I would be on unemployment right now waiting for this to blow over, which would put me in dire straits.

The Following User Says Thank You to Sterlig For This Useful Post:
Azimuth
Old 03-08-2020, 08:50 AM
kellyhound
Offline:
✝Mudderator from Hell✝
Poster Rank:10
Contributions: 699

Activity Longevity
17/20 20/20
Today Posts
9/11 ssss67731

Quote:
Ten people died after a hotel being used as a coronavirus quarantine center collapsed Saturday night in southeastern China, according to the Ministry of Emergency Management.

Eighty people were inside the building when it came down. Nine escaped, while 71 people were trapped. Of those, 48 have been pulled from the rubble and 23 remain unaccounted for.

The Fujian Fire Department has deployed more than 1,000 firefighters and other emergency responders, who worked through the night to find survivors.

"We are using life detection instruments to monitor signs of life and professional breaking-in tools to make forcible entries. We are trying our utmost to save trapped people," said Guo Yutuan, squadron leader of the Quanzhou armed police detachment's mobile unit.

Among those rescued were a young boy, his father and mother. The family was taken to a hospital.

At the time of the collapse, 58 people were under quarantine in the hotel and all had tested negative for novel coronavirus.

There were also 16 hotel staff and six car dealership employees on site.
The building's owner is in police custody.

The hotel was a seven-story steel structure, built in 2013 and converted to a hotel in 2018, according to Xinhua. The owner began renovating the first floor in January.

Workers called the owner around 7 p.m. local time on Saturday and told him a pillar had became distorted during construction.

The building collapsed a few minutes later.
Local officials told Xinhua that an investigation will determine if the building collapsed due to structural issues or renovation work.

Quanzhou is about 600 miles from Wuhan, the epicenter of the coronavirus outbreak in China, where more than 3,000 people have died from the virus.
Click image for larger version

Name:	hc.jpg
Views:	284
Size:	352.8 KB
ID:	903709

Test

Picture and Video Clip Stats.
File Type: mp4 hc1.mp4(897.7 KB, 1357 views)
File Type: mp4 hc2.mp4(7.07 MB, 1369 views)
File Type: mp4 hc3.mp4(819.4 KB, 1307 views)
File Type: mp4 hc4.mp4(1.95 MB, 1347 views)
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to kellyhound For This Useful Post:
Azimuth, berriichan, EARTH, Simone, Sterlig, Vorgrus, Wren
Old 03-12-2020, 07:36 AM
Simone
Offline:
Für Immer Verloren
Poster Rank:53
Femme de haine
Contributions: 595

Mentioned: 66 Post(s)
Quoted: 8222 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
18/20 5/20
Today Posts
4/11 ssss22007

This is the only sensible thing I've ever heard come out of this dopey imbecile's gob (though he most likely didn't write his little speech). It sounds like he needs to be checked for the virus - he sounds a bit stuffy!

Test

File Type: mp4 Trump%20outlines%20U.S.%20response%20to%20coronavirus%20outbreak%2C%20restricts%20travel%20from%.mp4(12.84 MB, 1455 views)
The Following User Says Thank You to Simone For This Useful Post:
kellyhound
The Following Users Say Fuck Off To This Post By Simone:
Syphilis
Old 03-12-2020, 08:30 AM
Simone
Offline:
Für Immer Verloren
Femme de haine

Activity Longevity
18/20 5/20
Today Posts
4/11 ssss22007

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

The Following User Says Thank You to Simone For This Useful Post:
kellyhound
Old 03-12-2020, 04:16 PM
Johnny Wadd
Offline:
★ Legacy Member ★
Poster Rank:415
Male

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 266 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 16/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2135

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Johnny Wadd For This Useful Post:
Druss, EARTH, kellyhound, rrrp, Simone
Old 03-12-2020, 07:24 PM
kellyhound
Offline:
✝Mudderator from Hell✝
Poster Rank:10
Contributions: 699

Activity Longevity
17/20 20/20
Today Posts
9/11 ssss67731

Documenting Reality
1583256485329.jpg  

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kellyhound For This Useful Post:
Simone, Vorgrus
Old 03-12-2020, 07:59 PM
Simone
Offline:
Für Immer Verloren
Femme de haine

Activity Longevity
18/20 5/20
Today Posts
4/11 ssss22007

Quote:
The sad story of Luca Franzese and his sister Teresa, who died on the evening of 7 March, went viral. It will take more than 24 hours for someone to pick up the girl's body, who suffered from epilepsy and tested positive for coronavirus. We talked to brother Luca

" My sister's body remained in bed for more than 24 hours , nobody told us what we had to do." It is a cry that made itself heard by Luca Franzese, from Naples, who on the evening of Saturday 7 March lost his sister Teresa. “My sister passed away yesterday, I have been waiting for answers from the institutions since yesterday evening, nobody came forward. I have my sister in bed, dead , I don't know what to do. I cannot give you the honor it deserves because the institutions have abandoned me. I contacted anyone but no one was able to give me an answer, "says Luca in a video that went viral, which he published on March 8th at 7pm, after a whole day after Teresa's death, and which many reported to us.

Luca's sister, the boy tells us, suffered from epilepsy and was therefore a subject at risk. “For a week my sister had been sick, she couldn't get out of bed . Our attending physician told us that he could not come to visit her and on the 7th evening my sister was in a semi-automatic state. After several attempts we manage to call 118, which arrives after 40 minutes. In the meantime, I was doing cardiac massage and mouth-to-mouth breathing to keep her alive . But it didn't help and that evening, after the arrival of 118, my sister died ”, she explains on the phone.

Luca tells us that he insisted a lot on having his sister do the swab to check if he was positive or not with coronavirus. "I had a suspicion because my sister was epileptic but she had always been well, she was taking medicines ". Towards midnight of the same evening, Luca says, Teresa is swabbed. But it is only the beginning of the difficulties that Luca and his family have had to face.

“Those from 118 tell me that for a couple of hours we don't have to get close to the body . I ask for information on how to deal with the body, but they can't tell me anything . " Already on the 7th evening, Luca says, he tries to contact a funeral company, but he is told that they do not know what provisions they must follow. "The municipality of Naples on 8 gave me the name of a funeral home, but when I called they refused to come and told me they were not equipped, " says Luca. Meanwhile, her sister is always in bed and the result of the tampon arrives on the night of the 8th: Teresa is positive. “The body was still in my house and I quarantined myselfwith all my family. In the end, a company took care of it, which I contacted and who came to pick up my sister on the morning of 9 ".

In a press note, Efi Campania - the Italian funeral excellence association - expressed itself on the matter: “Regarding the sad news story that involves the Franzese family in these hours, the Efi delegates from Campania intend to underline that it is already clear they are entrusted with an assignment to a funeral company for operations concerning Luca Franzese's sister. At the moment, it is clear to our delegates that the problem of not carrying out the procedures is of an administrative nature : it certainly does not concern the willingness of the operators in the sector to carry out their work and fulfill their delicate task. Our heartfelt and sincere condolences and our closeness in these difficult moments to the Franzese family ".

" I have not heard anyone, " reiterates Franzese. “I don't understand how it was possible that I was left alone in this situation. An apology would have been enough , it would have been fine for me also that the mayor of Naples told me that he was not able to handle it, but not that now everyone is trying to save himself while the director of ASL Napoli 1 says that my sister is dead 'with Covid-19 and not for Covid-19'. But I wonder how does he know? No autopsy was performed on the body!". And it was exactly on this that Franzese expressed himself yesterday on social media, citing the Open article where the information is reported, that the director of the ASL would have given to the councilor for health Francesca Menna: “I will ask for a direct comparison with the director of the Asl who stated that my sister died of epilepsy with sudden attacks! ", Says Franzese in the post. “He will have to tell me if he is Gandalf, a magician. How do you do this without an autopsy? Is he a seer? What if my sister's body from the bedroom ended up directly in the coffin? More and more shameful. "

Meanwhile, the whole Franzese family has been subjected to the swab: "I, my parents and my little niece have tested negative ", Luca tells us. “ But my 20-year-old granddaughter and brother-in-law are positive . We are respecting all the insulation standards, but we are all in the same house . "

Test

File Type: mp4 89643241_835585580248208_1156555755608866816_n.mp4(5.13 MB, 1034 views)
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Simone For This Useful Post:
abgnoire, b0g, kellyhound
Old 03-13-2020, 12:24 AM
Steve
Offline:
Twisted Mind Detonator
Poster Rank:15
Contributions: 3

Quoted: 31698 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
16/20 9/20
Today Posts
2/11 ssss51446

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simone View Post
This is the only sensible thing I've ever heard come out of this dopey imbecile's gob (though he most likely didn't write his little speech). It sounds like he needs to be checked for the virus - he sounds a bit stuffy!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Steve For This Useful Post:
kellyhound, Sterlig