JavaScript and Cookies are required to view this site. Please enable both in your browser settings.
Possibly the Strangest Painting I Have Ever Seen.

Possibly the Strangest Painting I Have Ever Seen.

Current Rating:

Unlimited Views No Ads No Algorithms Lifetime Account

Documenting Reality

Community Forum · Est. 2006

Join Now
Thread Tools ▾
  #1  
● 03-10-2012, 07:36 AM
aiksnpains66's Avatar
aiksnpains66
Offline:
My Rank: PRIVATE FIRST CLASS
Poster Rank:3999
Male
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 79
 
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 18/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssssss79
Possibly the Strangest Painting I Have Ever Seen.

I stumbled across this shit when searching for a picture of a parsnip on Google. (Why I was looking for a picture of a vegetable is a whole different jacked up story)

This is what came up......I still can't figure this shit out.

What further intrigues me, is the fact this carrot thing gave birth to a stuffed animal by means of a Cesarian Section. What kind of Lady GaGa shit is this?
parsnip.jpg
68.8 KB ·2987 views
▲ 15 Users Say Thank You For This Post:
AmericanIllusions, bittersweet808, ConfirmedChaos, Darkest Angel, Daverika Wulff, DeeMarieGK, Dragonlady66, flutter mouse, gatagato, kellyhound, rabenson, sylvz88, whoreofbabalon, wickedqueenwicker, xXRockerGuyXx
▼ PROMO FROM DOCUMENTING REALITY
Feeling out of place? You’ll fit in here
Join Now
Hidden for upgraded members.
  #2  
● 03-10-2012, 08:52 AM
NEVERBACKZ's Avatar
NEVERBACKZ
Offline:
★ Legacy Member ★
Poster Rank:389
male
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 3,086
 
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 147 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 17/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss3086
Re: Possibly the Strangest Painting I Have Ever Seen.

  #3  
● 03-10-2012, 10:20 AM
Faline's Avatar
Faline
Offline:
My Rank: MAJOR
Poster Rank:12
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 93,128
Contributions: 226
 
Mentioned: 91 Post(s)
Quoted: 2009 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 18/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss93128
Re: Possibly the Strangest Painting I Have Ever Seen.

  #4  
● 03-10-2012, 11:46 AM
Oswald2001's Avatar
Oswald2001
Offline:
★ Legacy Member ★
Poster Rank:112
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 14,064
 
Mentioned: 44 Post(s)
Quoted: 3721 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 18/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss14064
Re: Possibly the Strangest Painting I Have Ever Seen.

He was in a terrible accident and ended up a vegetable.

Some kind of tuber, apparently.
▲ This User Says Thank You For This Post:
whiteboye37
  #5  
● 03-10-2012, 01:36 PM
gatagato's Avatar
gatagato
Offline:
★ ********* ★
Poster Rank:251
Male
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 5,564
Contributions: 368
 
Mentioned: 66 Post(s)
Quoted: 932 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 18/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss5564
Re: Possibly the Strangest Painting I Have Ever Seen.

That's Mark Ryden's "The Birth"
1994, Oil on Panel, 30" x 40"
Some details of the painting below
Biography
Blending themes of pop culture with techniques reminiscent of the old masters, Mark Ryden has created a singular style that blurs the traditional boundaries between high and low art. His work first garnered attention in the 1990s when he ushered in a new genre of painting, "Pop Surrealism", dragging a host of followers in his wake. Ryden has trumped the initial surrealist strategies by choosing subject matter loaded with cultural connotation.

Ryden’s vocabulary ranges from cryptic to cute, treading a fine line between nostalgic cliché and disturbing archetype. Seduced by his infinitely detailed and meticulously glazed surfaces, the viewer is confronted with the juxtaposition of the childhood innocence and the mysterious recesses of the soul. A subtle disquiet inhabits his paintings; the work is achingly beautiful as it hints at darker psychic stuff beneath the surface of cultural kitsch. In Ryden's world cherubic girls rub elbows with strange and mysterious figures. Ornately carved frames lend the paintings a baroque exuberance that adds gravity to their enigmatic themes.

Mark Ryden received a BFA in 1987 from Art Center College of Design in Pasadena. His paintings have been exhibited in museums and galleries worldwide, including a retrospective “Wondertoonel” at the Frye Museum of Art in Seattle and Pasadena Museum of California Art, and in the exhibition "The Artist's Museum" at the Museum of Contemporary Art in Los Angeles. He currently lives and works in Los Angeles.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mark_Ryden
http://acidskull.com/mark-ryden-psychedelic-butcher
http://www.markryden.com/paintings/two/birth.html
r1.jpg
38.1 KB ·526 views
r2.jpg
33.0 KB ·867 views
r3.jpg
31.1 KB ·489 views
▲ 7 Users Say Thank You For This Post:
Darkest Angel, DeeMarieGK, Edelweiss, kellyhound, TheJewishYeti, whoreofbabalon, Xfactor
  #6  
● 03-10-2012, 03:58 PM
luton loyal
Offline:
So Fucking Banned
Poster Rank:439
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 2,643
 
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 210 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 18/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2643
Re: Possibly the Strangest Painting I Have Ever Seen.

  #7  
● 03-10-2012, 04:19 PM
shoottokill's Avatar
shoottokill
Offline:
My Rank: SERGEANT MAJOR
Poster Rank:278
roneluv
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 4,773
 
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 674 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 17/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss4773
Re: Possibly the Strangest Painting I Have Ever Seen.

wouldnt hang that up on my wall.
  #8  
● 03-10-2012, 04:32 PM
collaredgirl65's Avatar
collaredgirl65
Offline:
Smartest Retard
Poster Rank:192
Female
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 8,011
 
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 17/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss8011
Re: Possibly the Strangest Painting I Have Ever Seen.

Strange.
  #9  
● 03-10-2012, 04:44 PM
KKSki's Avatar
KKSki
Offline:
My Rank: CORPORAL
Poster Rank:1589
Lady Rainacorn
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 353
 
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss353
Re: Possibly the Strangest Painting I Have Ever Seen.

interesting. Art is supposed to make you feel something. A form of expression. All I feel is confused. What is the artist trying to say?
▲ 3 Users Say Thank You For This Post:
gatagato, johnleeknoefler, Oswald2001
  #10  
● 03-10-2012, 05:17 PM
Daverika Wulff
Offline:
★ Legacy Member ★
Poster Rank:440
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 2,635
 
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2635
Re: Possibly the Strangest Painting I Have Ever Seen.

wouldnt hang that up on my wall.
I WOULD!

▲ 2 Users Say Thank You For This Post:
Oswald2001, Wheelwash


Powered by vBulletin Copyright 2000-2010 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO