Quoted: 346 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
7/20 6/20
Today Posts
4/11 ssssss822
Re: Sarah Everard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinky_John View Post
it's time we stopped feeling like we shouldn't be out alone especially at night.
I don't 'feel safe' (subjective term) walking around most places, doubly so at night. I call it good survival instincts rather than something wrong with society.

I am not belittling this horrible event, but how can anyone 'feel safe' at any time when they are not in control of their environment? This site is full of examples of people 'feeling safe' and then being badly hurt or worse.

I think the only way to be safer is to accept the world is full of hazards, including this, thankfully rare, hazard of anybody you pass in the street potentially being a murderous psychopath.

We can wring our hands forever, but you cannot do anything about bad things happening other than remembering bad things happen constantly out there, so DO NOT 'feel safe'.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Major_Tom For This Useful Post:
Kinky_John, Moloko, Qos
Old 03-20-2021, 09:06 AM
Major_Tom
Offline:
My Rank: STAFF SERGEANT
Poster Rank:788
Male

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 346 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
7/20 6/20
Today Posts
4/11 ssssss822

Quote:
Originally Posted by BinLaughin69 View Post
What a fucking scumbag cunt. 7 stabbings in London in the 48 hours after this too, including an 18 year old getting murdered in front of his mother over a designer jacket. This country's fucked, thank Theresa May for cutting 20,000 officers in 2016, we're still feeling the effects of that shit.
Yes, one of the many examples of how we are totally fucked here.

Old 03-20-2021, 01:00 PM
AliceInChains
Offline:
♚ Legacy Gold Member ♚
Poster Rank:2781
Female

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 65 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 13/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss118

I don't know about him being a serial killer, but I won't be surprised if it comes out that the Met were fully aware that he was exposing himself and kept it quiet.

He'll have spun some shite about being caught out while he was having a pee or something and they'll have patted him on the back, told him to keep his dick in his pants in the future and then sent him back on duty.

Not buying his fake breakdown, headbanging in the cells and rocking backwards and forwards in court, either. He'd have been getting regular psych tests as a firearms officer, the only thing he's having a breakdown over is getting caught and the prospect of prison as a copper and sex offender.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AliceInChains For This Useful Post:
Major_Tom, Qos