Quoted: 1053 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
4/20 10/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2652
Re: The Great Feline Massacre of 2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illusion View Post
So you mean to tell me an animal shelter was incapable of making sure they could care for these animals?.
Absolutely.

From the article:

Quote:
These dogs were able to eat their way out, for lack of a better term, and attack these cats. That is horrible,” Dothan City Commissioner Beth Kenward told the station. She blamed the cat killings on the outdated shelter. Mayor Mark Saliba agreed with the commissioner, adding that a new shelter is long “overdue.”

Kenward and Saliba recently made a new animal shelter a capital improvement priority for the town. City government is working to partner with business owners, private entities, humane societies and animal rights groups in order to raise the money to fund a new multimillion-dollar facility, Kenward said. Saliba added that he wants to reach out to Houston County to share in the cost of the project.

The Following User Says Thank You to CrunchyCripple For This Useful Post:
reaperman69
Old 07-29-2019, 10:04 PM
Illusion
Offline:
♚ GOAT ♚
Poster Rank:24
Contributions: 25

Mentioned: 305 Post(s)
Quoted: 18156 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
11/20 16/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss38271

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrunchyCripple View Post
Absolutely.

From the article:
You may be right, Crippy. The main confusion we're having is that dog laws are different where we live. We have a Breed-Specific Legislation (BSL) here in Ontario. Pits are banned and dog laws in general regarding dangerous dogs are more stringent than most places.

The Dog Owners' Liability Act in Ontario under which the owner of a dog is liable for the damages caused if their dog bites someone or attacks a domestic animal. Dog owners are responsible when their pets bite people or attacks a domestic pet and depending on the severity of the attack the courts can order the dog to be destroyed.

In this case, these animals were all strays living in a shelter with no owner. And yes I agree that the shelter messed up big resulting in a loss of 29 cats. It will be interesting to see what happens to these pitbulls under these circumstances.

Old 07-29-2019, 11:05 PM
CrunchyCripple
Offline:
♚ Legacy Gold Member ♚
Poster Rank:346
Female

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
4/20 10/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2652

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illusion View Post
You may be right, Crippy. The main confusion we're having is that dog laws are different where we live. We have a Breed-Specific Legislation (BSL) here in Ontario. Pits are banned and dog laws in general regarding dangerous dogs are more stringent than most places.
Then why have you been posting pics of a Pit Bull pup that is supposedly in your home? Being an owner who keeps an animal illegally - knowing that it will be seized and destroyed if caught, is the same as an owner who knowingly lets their dog run in the middle of the road.

The dog is in constant danger, because the owner chooses for it to be. That’s not a responsible owner.

Are you aware of what happens to your dog?

Quote:
The Dog Owners' Liability Act in Ontario under which the owner of a dog is liable for the damages caused if their dog bites someone or attacks a domestic animal. Dog owners are responsible when their pets bite people or attacks a domestic pet and depending on the severity of the attack the courts can order the dog to be destroyed.
It’s the same here in California, but it applies to two party issues, if I’m not mistaken. If it’s my cats and my dogs and on my property, it’s not an issue.

Actually, even if it’s not my animal that is harmed and it’s on my property, it’s usually not an issue. The blame falls on the other owner, for not keeping their animal contained.

Since, in this story, both the cats and the dogs are the shelter’s property, there’s no legal issue.

Although, I would remove any dog over 30lbs from the facility, until they get their remodel done - to avoid any further incidents.

The Following Users Say Fuck Off To This Post By CrunchyCripple:
Illusion
Old 07-29-2019, 11:51 PM
Illusion
Offline:
♚ GOAT ♚

Activity Longevity
11/20 16/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss38271

Quote:
Then why have you been posting pics of a Pit Bull pup that is supposedly in your home? Being an owner who keeps an animal illegally - knowing that it will be seized and destroyed if caught, is the same as an owner who knowingly lets their dog run in the middle of the road.

The dog is in constant danger, because the owner chooses for it to be. That’s not a responsible owner.

Are you aware of what happens to your dog?

It’s the same here in California, but it applies to two party issues, if I’m not mistaken. If it’s my cats and my dogs and on my property, it’s not an issue.

Actually, even if it’s not my animal that is harmed and it’s on my property, it’s usually not an issue. The blame falls on the other owner, for not keeping their animal contained.

Since, in this story, both the cats and the dogs are the shelter’s property, there’s no legal issue.

Although, I would remove any dog over 30lbs from the facility, until they get their remodel done - to avoid any further incidents.
Nice try cripple. The legislation bans pit bulls and pit bull mixes. My dog is neither a pit bull or a pit bull mix. It is however considered a dangerous dog under Bill 132 alongside German Shepards, Rottweilers, Labs, American Bulldogs ect. but all of which are legal in Ontario.

Now that you brought this up, you're the owner of the most vicious dog breed, by far, killing 284 people over that 13-year period - 66 percent of total fatalities. That's despite the breed accounting for just 6.5% of the total U.S. dog population. You realize that right? and you're in a wheelchair. Do you not realize what would happen to you if your dogs ever turned on you? if your pit bulls ever do attack another animal or person and even yourself, you wouldn't be able to protect yourself. Talk about the wrong choice of dogs. And you claim that your pit bulls have already killed other animals. Darwinism at its finest.

Old 07-30-2019, 12:38 AM
CrunchyCripple
Offline:
♚ Legacy Gold Member ♚
Female

Activity Longevity
4/20 10/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2652

Your pup looks an awful lot like a Pit Bull. What’s it’s breed?

In Denver Colorado, they can seize your dog if they even suspect that it is part pit bull. It can be a Lab mix and just have a blocky head.
If you’re passing through the state and break down, they can take your dog and destroy it.

I don’t know if that law ever got overturned, but it’s fucked up. BSL. Except breed doesn’t have to be proven.

No DNA or other proof needed. No aggression or anything. Just judgement of the eye of the beholder.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CrunchyCripple For This Useful Post:
bushbarbie, Suicide_Note
Old 07-30-2019, 05:09 AM
undeadcorpse
Offline:
Hi, I'm Toby. Wanna play?
Poster Rank:321
Gender bender

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 1357 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
20/20 17/20
Today Posts
11/11 sssss3052

This article made me feel both scared and upset

Old 07-30-2019, 05:05 PM
Illusion
Offline:
♚ GOAT ♚

Activity Longevity
11/20 16/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss38271

Quote:
Your pup looks an awful lot like a Pit Bull.
I get that a lot.

Old 07-31-2019, 11:22 PM
Illusion
Offline:
♚ GOAT ♚

Activity Longevity
11/20 16/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss38271

Update: The owner of the two pit bulls faces charges and the dogs will be euthanized.

DOTHAN, Ala. (WTVY) -- The owner of two pit bulls that killed over 30 cats faces four charges that he allowed those dogs to roam at large.

Last week, animal control officers captured them after they escaped a fenced area at Kenneth Hamilton's Dothan home. After being taken to the city's animal shelter, they escaped their pen.

Using their teeth, the dogs cut through chain link fencing where they mauled 29 cats after the shelter closed for the day.

Police also picked up those same dogs after they got out at Hamilton's home about two months ago. That time, they killed two other cats.

In accordance with city policy, Hamilton paid a fee and promised to keep them secure.

After the mauling of those 29 cats last week, the city refused to return the dogs again. Plans are being made to euthanize them.

However, Hamilton must sign over ownership or a judge would have to condemn the animals before they are euthanized.

The killing of those cats has shined an international spotlight on the Dothan Animal Shelter, a facility some believe should have been rebuilt years ago.

https://www.wtvy.com/content/news/Ow...513436311.html

Old 08-01-2019, 02:21 AM
CrunchyCripple
Offline:
♚ Legacy Gold Member ♚
Female

Activity Longevity
4/20 10/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2652

There’s always an irresponsible twatwaffle when you get to the bottom.

Let that be a lesson to medium and large dog owners. Chain link is not a good, unsupervised containment method.

It’s very climbable and easily torn apart by medium and up, sized dogs.

It’s also easy for dogs to fight through it. Serious bite damage can occur.

Containing dogs isn’t as easy as cartoons make it seem.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CrunchyCripple For This Useful Post:
reaperman69, Slanger, Suicide_Note
Old 08-04-2019, 06:21 PM
Zigbar
Offline:
My Rank: PRIVATE FIRST CLASS
Poster Rank:3568
Female

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 15/20