Female

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 811 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
2/20 6/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss1307
Re: Glen Allen woman mauled to death while out for a walk

I truly hope that human-dog relationships don't come to catastrophic ends the way they have for so many this year. If you dare, Google it. My guess is you'd be shocked at how many results turn up for people killed by dogs just this year alone - I was. The tragedy isn't that we'll forget those whose lives were lost. They will never be forgotten by those who love them or those who learned about their lives. The true tragedy is that we'll forget what dogs are beneath the puppy dog eyes, the soft coats, the kisses and cuddles. We'll forget that we're dealing with instinct, with the untamed, with ANIMALS.

The Following User Says Thank You to lesslis2015 For This Useful Post:
Oswald2001
Old 12-28-2017, 09:06 PM
Broadjumper
Offline:
My Rank: SECOND LIEUTENANT
Poster Rank:191
Male

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 1405 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss5421

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakey View Post
I would have eaten her too.
Shakey, the King of postmortem muff diving...

The Following Users Say Fuck Off To This Post By Broadjumper:
Bletch
Old 12-28-2017, 10:59 PM
Illusion
Offline:
★ Helpful Gardener ★
Poster Rank:29
Contributions: 24

Mentioned: 257 Post(s)
Quoted: 13447 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
12/20 15/20
Today Posts
11/11 ssss30499

Quote:
Originally Posted by niknik View Post
From my own personal experiences, pits are a more aggressive dog. Most people know that, everyone should know that.

Like Chows, which i rarely ever see, but they from my personal experiences are right up there, maybe even worse than pits.

My brother and some friends of mine have had them. My brothers had puppies, and the fucking puppies were trying to kill each other. Seriously, I'm not exaggerating those little bastards were aggressive.

Pit bull apologist full of shit and they know it. Or they wouldn't be all over social media trying to prove how friendly their pit is.

I
Bite stats are very misleading in a sense that all dogs are capable of biting but not all breeds cause serious injuries. That's what separates pits from all other dogs; their genetics and the way they attack. I think it would be as simple enough to just look at the numbers of fatal attacks by breed and draw your own conclusions. This shouldn't be a matter of speculation to if pit breeds are more dangerous, it should be simple math. As usual, we'll have pit apologists here giving anecdotes of their family pitbull. Usually with an attempt at a witty, sarcastic, description of their pit.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Illusion For This Useful Post:
Jordana, lozzy_ash, Oswald2001
The Following Users Say Fuck Off To This Post By Illusion:
HigherSpektrum
Old 12-28-2017, 11:57 PM
Illusion
Offline:
★ Helpful Gardener ★
Poster Rank:29
Contributions: 24

Mentioned: 257 Post(s)
Quoted: 13447 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
12/20 15/20
Today Posts
11/11 ssss30499

PetSmart Groomer Mauled by Pit Bull Mix

By Jonathan Choe and Marc Fortier
Published at 3:37 PM EST on Dec 28, 2017

A 22-year-old PetSmart employee was seriously injured when she was mauled by a pit bull mix during a grooming earlier this week.

Police in Barnstable, Massachusetts, said they received a call around 11:15 a.m. Wednesday about a dog bite at the PetSmart in Hyannis.

When they arrived, police said they found a trail of blood leading from the grooming area through the customer aisle and training area, around the corner and into the employee lounge.

In the lounge, police found a female PetSmart employee being treated by co-workers for multiple bite wounds. She reportedly suffered bite wounds to her upper torso, wrist and hand, as well as extensive tearing of the flesh, possible broken bones and a possible dislocated shoulder.

"I don't know what happened," said Cliff Gardner, the owner of Bubba, a pit bull mix. "By the time I got back, the police was there. They tell me the girl, the groomer, was in the hospital."

Gardner brought the dog in wearing a muzzle, asking for Bubba to be groomed. The victim says she asked about the muzzle, and that Gardner said the dog had previously attacked another dog, but was "sweet as can be." Gardner disputes this account.

"When she asked me what he was doing with the muzzle on, I said 'The chief of police requires him to wear the muzzle because he got in a dog fight and he bit a woman," Gardner told NBC Boston.

Store policy required the muzzle to be removed. PetSmart says the dog would never have been allowed in for services if they knew of his history.

Dozens Killed in Attack on Afghan Cultural Center
During the grooming process, while Bubba was being moved, police say he attacked the victim for no apparent reason and without warning, refusing to let go of her arm.

Co-workers used an air horn and a special spray, but were still unable to deter the dog until they were finally able to pull the victim's arm out of the dog's mouth. They then secured the dog in a cage and brought the victim to the employee loun

Due to the severity of the victim's injuries, rescue workers stabilized her at the scene and then transported her to Cape Cod Hospital. She was later flown to Brigham and Women's Hospital in Boston for further treatment.

Her name is not being released and her condition is not known at this time.

"You don't even know how bad I feel about it," Gardner said. "I've been praying for that girl."

Gardner says Bubba is in quarantine, and that he will be put down in the morning.

Police said they are not ruling out the possibility of charging Gardner.

https://www.nbcboston.com/news/local...467013363.html

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Illusion For This Useful Post:
Jordana, Wren
Old 12-29-2017, 01:56 PM
CrunchyCripple
Offline:
My Rank: FIRST SERGEANT
Poster Rank:364
Female

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 950 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
3/20 9/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2315

If a dog is brought to you wearing a muzzle and you don’t know the dog nor the owner - DO NOT TAKE THE MUZZLE OFF.

You don’t trust a stranger’s word on the friendliness of their dog. People are stupid and all think their dogs are amazing.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CrunchyCripple For This Useful Post:
Illusion, lozzy_ash
Old 12-29-2017, 08:42 PM
niknik
Offline:
My Rank: MAJOR
Poster Rank:72
Conservative OG

Mentioned: 254 Post(s)
Quoted: 7197 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
4/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss14685

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illusion View Post
Bite stats are very misleading in a sense that all dogs are capable of biting but not all breeds cause serious injuries. That's what separates pits from all other dogs; their genetics and the way they attack. I think it would be as simple enough to just look at the numbers of fatal attacks by breed and draw your own conclusions. This shouldn't be a matter of speculation to if pit breeds are more dangerous, it should be simple math. As usual, we'll have pit apologists here giving anecdotes of their family pitbull. Usually with an attempt at a witty, sarcastic, description of their pit.
Pit apologist

One of the biggest pit apologists I've ever met, kinda a friend of a friend of the family. Proud of her pits, always talked about them, always seemed to not like anyone's dog.

Finally one day I find myself at her house for a party, she tells everyone " don't go in my back yard, the dogs are out there". Which I thought was strange, since she was a mega apologist. I figured her pits were lap dogs.

Well, it's a party, people got drunk, forgot or didn't care about her rule. 2 guys went to the hospital for opening her back door.

And she's still a pit apoligist

The Following User Says Thank You to niknik For This Useful Post:
Illusion
The Following Users Say Fuck Off To This Post By niknik:
lozzy_ash
Old 12-29-2017, 09:05 PM
niknik
Offline:
My Rank: MAJOR
Poster Rank:72
Conservative OG

Mentioned: 254 Post(s)
Quoted: 7197 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
4/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss14685

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrunchyCripple View Post
If a dog is brought to you wearing a muzzle and you don’t know the dog nor the owner - DO NOT TAKE THE MUZZLE OFF.

You don’t trust a stranger’s word on the friendliness of their dog. People are stupid and all think their dogs are amazing.
Owners are stupid too, you take your dog who has been aggressive previously to be handled by strangers at petsmart? That's a terrible idea, I get what you're saying, but I think the pet smart employees took for granted that nobody would bring in a extremely vicious dog.

The muzzle should have set off alarms that something isn't right for sure. But I believe the employees story, that the guy never told them the dog bit a person.

This is a perfect example of why pits are so dangerous. Because many times the owners don't even realize how dangerous their dog.

If your dog requires a muzzle, it doesn't belong at petsmart. And petsmart should have turned him away because of the muzzle.

Now they are going to kill his dog. All because this guy didn't know his own dog.

Old 12-29-2017, 11:08 PM
CrunchyCripple
Offline:
My Rank: FIRST SERGEANT
Poster Rank:364
Female

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 950 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
3/20 9/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2315

Agreed.

These stupid owners also take their aggressive dogs to the dog park and other places where they shouldn’t be.

When you really think about it, it’s insane that anyone can just go get a dog - no questions asked. You’re just trusted to do right by the dog and everyone around you.

The Following User Says Thank You to CrunchyCripple For This Useful Post:
niknik
Old 12-31-2017, 02:50 AM
HigherSpektrum
Offline:
My Rank: PRIVATE FIRST CLASS
Poster Rank:3738

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 2/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssssss61

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrunchyCripple View Post
Agreed.

These stupid owners also take their aggressive dogs to the dog park and other places where they shouldn’t be.

When you really think about it, it’s insane that anyone can just go get a dog - no questions asked. You’re just trusted to do right by the dog and everyone around you.
Yup just like gun ownership. Always a few bad apples ruining it for the rest. The gun isn’t the problem just as the breed is not the problem. It’s the owners.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HigherSpektrum For This Useful Post:
CrunchyCripple, Jordana
Old 12-31-2017, 03:01 AM
HigherSpektrum
Offline:
My Rank: PRIVATE FIRST CLASS
Poster Rank:3738

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 2/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssssss61

Don’t know why he brought his dog to be groomed in the first place as pitbulls don’t need grooming. Owner said his dog attacked a person before. Canine aggression towards humans cannot be tolerated. Owner should have had his dog rehabilitated by a professional trainer or put down. Owning a high energy powerful dog breed is not for your average owner. You must seriously think about the commitment just the same as adopting a child.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to HigherSpektrum For This Useful Post:
CrunchyCripple, Jordana, Wren
The Following Users Say Fuck Off To This Post By HigherSpektrum:
Illusion