Go Back  

Glen Allen woman mauled to death while out for a walk 

Current Rating:

Join NowJoin Now
 
  #1  
Old 12-16-2017, 06:45 PM
Illusion's Avatar
Illusion
Offline:
♚ GOAT ♚
Poster Rank:27
Join Date: Oct 2009
Contributions: 25
 
Mentioned: 291 Post(s)
Quoted: 16722 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
15/20 16/20
Today Posts
3/11 ssss35914
Glen Allen woman mauled to death while out for a walk

She was pretty and a pit bull apologist as well. How sad.

GOOCHLAND COUNTY, Va. -- Bethany Lynn Stephens, a 22-year-old Glen Allen woman found dead in the woods off Manakin Road Thursday night, was mauled to death by her dogs, Goochland County Sheriff James Agnew said.

Stephens' father called 911 Thursday, at about 8:18 p.m., when he went looking for his daughter in an area of Goochland where she often walked her dogs.

He discovered her dogs in the woods, and he told the sheriff's office the dogs appeared to be "guarding" Bethany's body.

Sheriff's deputies arrived and spent 60 to 90 minutes attempted to catch the dogs -- which the sheriff described as pit bull dogs.

Bethany's body was taken to the Medical Examiner's Office.

"It appeared the attack was a violent attack initiated by the victims' dogs while the victim was out for a walk with the dogs," Sheriff Agnew said the Medical Examiner's initial report indicated. "The victim had defensive wounds on her hands and arms trying to keep the dogs away from her, which would be consistent with being attacked while she was still alive."

Agnew said it appeared that the first traumatic injury she suffered was to her was to her throat and face.

"It appears she was taken to the ground, lost consciousness, and the dogs then mauled her to death," he said.

While the investigation was considered on-going, Sheriff Agnew said there were no strangulation marks on Stephens' body and this was not a homicide.

The dogs are with Goochland Animal Control and the sheriff's office will pursue euthanization.

"It was an absolutely grisly mauling ," Sheriff Agnew said. "In my 40 years of law enforcement I've never seen anything quite like it. I hope I never see anything like it again."

http://wtvr.com/2017/12/15/bethany-stephens-obit/

Your Source For Death Pictures and Death Video
20106442_697433430441778_7876031827507639728_n.jpg  

bethany-stephens-02.jpg  

Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Illusion For This Useful Post:
Buckafuffalo, Dmocecil, icehole, jojo58, Jordana, kellyhound, Ninjavandal, SLAPAPPY, William May
  #2  
Old 12-16-2017, 08:19 PM
Oswald2001's Avatar
Oswald2001
Offline:
★ Legacy Member ★
Poster Rank:86
Join Date: May 2009
 
Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Quoted: 3510 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
12/20 16/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss13472
Re: Glen Allen woman mauled to death while out for a walk

As long as pit bulls ONLY kill their owners, I have no problem with them.

Reply With Quote
The Following 29 Users Say Thank You to Oswald2001 For This Useful Post:
Anna Kay, Bleeed.exe, Bletch, Brownboybilly, danielsan1971, Dmocecil, Goeie, HappyCamper, Helicocker, HSO, icehole, Illusion, imptsd, imtoxic, jojo58, Kmart164, kordy, MarmaladeGypsy, mparryuk52, Mullet_Head87, panugato, seanl, selene, sickwithwords, UnknownBat, vladTI, WindsofWoe22, woodsetton, wyo270
The Following 3 Users Said Fuck Off to Oswald2001 For This Post:
J81, Ninjavandal, Wage
  #3  
Old 12-16-2017, 09:20 PM
HSO
Offline:
So Fucking Banned
Poster Rank:32
❄️INFP
Join Date: Aug 2009
 
Mentioned: 56 Post(s)
Quoted: 19124 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
9/20 16/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss31492
Re: Glen Allen woman mauled to death while out for a walk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oswald2001 View Post
As long as pit bulls ONLY always kill their owners, I have no problem with them.

Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to HSO For This Useful Post:
Bletch, Brownboybilly, HappyCamper, imtoxic, MarmaladeGypsy, mmansfield, Oswald2001
The Following 2 Users Said Fuck Off to HSO For This Post:
J81, Wage
  #4  
Old 12-17-2017, 03:22 AM
CrunchyCripple
Offline:
♚ Legacy Gold Member ♚
Poster Rank:343
Female
Join Date: May 2013
 
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 1028 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
4/20 10/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2580
Re: Glen Allen woman mauled to death while out for a walk

One way of finding out you did a shitty job training your dogs.

I'll bet they got into a fight or tried to go after something and she got into the middle of it.

That's why it's so important to always keep up on your training on any animal in your care.

Having them since babies and loving them is not enough and can be lethal if that's all there is. There were friends of hers saying the dogs "Couldn't have done this. She's had them since they were puppies!". That's not how it works people.

Since no one was there to witness the attack, they should do dna testing to make sure what looks like happened, happened. It shouldn't just be a visual judgement and no witnesses. The dogs should be evidence until proven guilty.

You wouldn't want it to turn out that there was a human involved, or even someone who had their own dogs who did this and split.

Odds are against it, and her dogs probably did kill her - but it should be thoroughly investigated. Too many murders and crimes are waved off by shitty investigations.

Reply With Quote
The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to CrunchyCripple For This Useful Post:
Bean stock, Bletch, Caf002, HappyCamper, Jordana, Loopy Lass, mparryuk52, okidoll, reaperman69, spudigitti, tracey, UnknownBat, vucetich, William May, Wren
The Following Users Say Fuck Off To This Post By CrunchyCripple:
J81
  #5  
Old 12-17-2017, 10:05 AM
HSO
Offline:
So Fucking Banned
Poster Rank:32
❄️INFP
Join Date: Aug 2009
 
Mentioned: 56 Post(s)
Quoted: 19124 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
9/20 16/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss31492
Re: Glen Allen woman mauled to death while out for a walk

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrunchyCripple View Post
One way of finding out you did a shitty job training your dogs.

I'll bet they got into a fight or tried to go after something and she got into the middle of it.

That's why it's so important to always keep up on your training on any animal in your care.

Having them since babies and loving them is not enough and can be lethal if that's all there is. There were friends of hers saying the dogs "Couldn't have done this. She's had them since they were puppies!". That's not how it works people.

Since no one was there to witness the attack, they should do dna testing to make sure what looks like happened, happened. It shouldn't just be a visual judgement and no witnesses. The dogs should be evidence until proven guilty.

You wouldn't want it to turn out that there was a human involved, or even someone who had their own dogs who did this and split.

Odds are against it, and her dogs probably did kill her - but it should be thoroughly investigated. Too many murders and crimes are waved off by shitty investigations.


There’s one reason the woman was killed:

SHE OWNED PIT BULLS.

Anyone who contests this basic fact deserves whatever they get.

END OF STORY.

Reply With Quote
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to HSO For This Useful Post:
Anna Kay, Bleeed.exe, Brownboybilly, imtoxic, Kmart164, LRHB, mmansfield, mparryuk52, Oswald2001, vladTI, WindsofWoe22
The Following 11 Users Said Fuck Off to HSO For This Post:
HigherSpektrum, J81, lozzy_ash, MadCore, mattersin, mrm1109, Nemesia, Ninjavandal, reaperman69, UnknownBat, Wage
  #6  
Old 12-17-2017, 12:23 PM
Illusion's Avatar
Illusion
Offline:
♚ GOAT ♚
Poster Rank:27
Join Date: Oct 2009
Contributions: 25
 
Mentioned: 291 Post(s)
Quoted: 16722 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
15/20 16/20
Today Posts
3/11 ssss35914
Re: Glen Allen woman mauled to death while out for a walk

Quote:
Originally Posted by HolographicSexOffender View Post
There’s one reason the woman was killed:

SHE OWNED PIT BULLS.

Anyone who contests this basic fact deserves whatever they get.

END OF STORY.

Nonsense...

It was clearly the owners fault. She did not love these animals and abused them regularly, which is the ONLY reason these poor dogs of peace could be forced to defend themselves from any further torture.

My pitty would only lick you to death.

Reply With Quote
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Illusion For This Useful Post:
Bletch, Gaydolf Shitler, HSO, imtoxic, Jordana, lozzy_ash, mparryuk52, reaperman69, UnknownBat, vladTI, Wage
The Following 2 Users Said Fuck Off to Illusion For This Post:
Kmart164, NurseBettie
  #7  
Old 12-17-2017, 01:29 PM
HSO
Offline:
So Fucking Banned
Poster Rank:32
❄️INFP
Join Date: Aug 2009
 
Mentioned: 56 Post(s)
Quoted: 19124 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
9/20 16/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss31492
Re: Glen Allen woman mauled to death while out for a walk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illusion View Post
Nonsense...

It was clearly the owners fault. She did not love these animals and abused them regularly, which is the ONLY reason these poor dogs of peace could be forced to defend themselves from any further torture.

My pitty would only lick you to death.
I'll only assume you're being totally facetious about that.

I've known many rational, decent pit bull owners with friendly dogs...

That doesn't mean I don't still think they're fucking morons for owning them

Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to HSO For This Useful Post:
Bletch, Illusion, imtoxic, Jordana, mmansfield, NurseBettie, Oswald2001
The Following 3 Users Said Fuck Off to HSO For This Post:
J81, MadCore, Wage
  #8  
Old 12-17-2017, 04:11 PM
CrunchyCripple
Offline:
♚ Legacy Gold Member ♚
Poster Rank:343
Female
Join Date: May 2013
 
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 1028 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
4/20 10/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2580
Re: Glen Allen woman mauled to death while out for a walk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illusion View Post
Nonsense...

It was clearly the owners fault. She did not love these animals and abused them regularly, which is the ONLY reason these poor dogs of peace could be forced to defend themselves from any further torture.

My pitty would only lick you to death.
No. No. No.

A dog does NOT have to be beaten and physically abused to become aggressive toward a human.

If you have a dog and do not train it properly, it will be "wild" as in, if it gets excited, it becomes uncontrollable - because it was never really under control in the first place. Or, it will be nice to you, until you try and command it to do something - like get off the furniture, then it may get aggressive.

Training creates bonding, not cuddling, kisses and treats.

It doesn't matter that the dog hasn't ever bitten you before. If you haven't worked with the dog to stay cool in excitable situations - you have a potential problem on your hands. If you have more than one of those untrained/unbonded dogs - they may pack up(bond to each other) and attack you.

All dogs are pack predators. Domestication has not taken this out of them. They have to be treated in the proper way, for their entire lives.

Over excitement is not good in dogs, because it puts them in the red zone. They physically can't hear you when they reach a certain level of excitement. You have to be able to snap them out of it, before they reach that level.

Some dogs are cool all the time and don't get excited about much of anything. Other dogs - like most working breeds, will become excited about many things.

It's definitely an important issue that most people don't even pay attention to.

Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to CrunchyCripple For This Useful Post:
Bean stock, HelloNurse!, imtoxic, LittleMouse, Mullet_Head87, Nemesia, NoelPuppet, reaperman69, vucetich, Wren
The Following 2 Users Said Fuck Off to CrunchyCripple For This Post:
Anna Kay, J81
  #9  
Old 12-17-2017, 04:49 PM
Illusion's Avatar
Illusion
Offline:
♚ GOAT ♚
Poster Rank:27
Join Date: Oct 2009
Contributions: 25
 
Mentioned: 291 Post(s)
Quoted: 16722 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
15/20 16/20
Today Posts
3/11 ssss35914
Re: Glen Allen woman mauled to death while out for a walk

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrunchyCripple View Post
No. No. No.



All dogs are pack predators. Domestication has not taken this out of them. They have to be treated in the proper way, for their entire lives.



It's definitely an important issue that most people don't even pay attention to.
Stop trying to insinuate that all dog breeds are created equal. Pit bulls were bred for violence and murder. Domestication has not taken this out of them. It's definitely an important issue that most pitbull apologists will never admit to, even if all the evidence is presented to them right to their face.

Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Illusion For This Useful Post:
Bletch, bushbarbie, HSO, Jordana, Kmart164, mmansfield, NurseBettie, Oswald2001, vladTI, vucetich
The Following 3 Users Said Fuck Off to Illusion For This Post:
HigherSpektrum, J81, Wage
  #10  
Old 12-17-2017, 05:39 PM
HSO
Offline:
So Fucking Banned
Poster Rank:32
❄️INFP
Join Date: Aug 2009
 
Mentioned: 56 Post(s)
Quoted: 19124 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
9/20 16/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss31492
Re: Glen Allen woman mauled to death while out for a walk

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrunchyCripple View Post
No. No. No.

A dog does NOT have to be beaten and physically abused to become aggressive toward a human.

If you have a dog and do not train it properly, it will be "wild" as in, if it gets excited, it becomes uncontrollable - because it was never really under control in the first place. Or, it will be nice to you, until you try and command it to do something - like get off the furniture, then it may get aggressive.

Training creates bonding, not cuddling, kisses and treats.

It doesn't matter that the dog hasn't ever bitten you before. If you haven't worked with the dog to stay cool in excitable situations - you have a potential problem on your hands. If you have more than one of those untrained/unbonded dogs - they may pack up(bond to each other) and attack you.

All dogs are pack predators. Domestication has not taken this out of them. They have to be treated in the proper way, for their entire lives.

Over excitement is not good in dogs, because it puts them in the red zone. They physically can't hear you when they reach a certain level of excitement. You have to be able to snap them out of it, before they reach that level.

Some dogs are cool all the time and don't get excited about much of anything. Other dogs - like most working breeds, will become excited about many things.

It's definitely an important issue that most people don't even pay attention to.
Enough. Please

You've proved your point...you're irrational & determined to keep your head stuffed up your ass.

Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to HSO For This Useful Post:
Anna Kay, Bletch, Kmart164, Oswald2001
The Following 5 Users Said Fuck Off to HSO For This Post:
Cads, HigherSpektrum, J81, Stevieaitch, Wage

Powered by vBulletin Copyright 2000-2010 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO