Quoted: 169 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 13/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss426
Re: Biden Pardons All Prior Federal Offenses of Simple Possession of Marijuana

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxfantastic View Post
It helps anyone in the future who might have been picked up on this charge. If the people in prison committed other crimes besides holding a baggy of grass, THAT is on THEM
Again, no one will ever go to federal prison for possession alone, so it won't really save anyone. If we're trying to help people, we should be doing this at the state level.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SkinnyFella For This Useful Post:
AceGoober, Not_real
Old 10-12-2022, 07:55 PM
eryan725
Offline:
My Rank: LANCE CORPORAL
Poster Rank:2803

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 16/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss129

If you look into this it actually got zero people pardoned so thanks again for nothing leftist idiots

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to eryan725 For This Useful Post:
AceGoober, Not_real, smith699
The Following Users Say Fuck Off To This Post By eryan725:
dankboosh
Old 10-13-2022, 04:20 AM
foxfantastic
Offline:
My Rank: MAJOR
Poster Rank:171

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 5534 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
14/20 16/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss8135

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyFella View Post
Again, no one will ever go to federal prison for possession alone, so it won't really save anyone. If we're trying to help people, we should be doing this at the state level.
One less charge available to the feds is fine by me. They can't pull you over on suspicion of possession anymore; they'll have to get more creative.

The Following User Says Thank You to foxfantastic For This Useful Post:
dankboosh
The Following Users Say Fuck Off To This Post By foxfantastic:
houseoftechno
Old 10-13-2022, 04:21 AM
foxfantastic
Offline:

Activity Longevity
14/20 16/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss8135

Quote:
Originally Posted by eryan725 View Post
If you look into this it actually got zero people pardoned so thanks again for nothing leftist idiots
Bush had two terms, Trump had one term, neither did anything about legalizing cannabis, so the blame is bipartisan

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to foxfantastic For This Useful Post:
dankboosh, TheIckyMan, WonderMomma
Old 10-15-2022, 07:19 PM
shitfly
Offline:
My Name Is Mud
Poster Rank:94
Under no sober circumstances do I sit down to pee...

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Quoted: 4953 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
2/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss14761

Quote:
One less charge available to the feds is fine by me. They can't pull you over on suspicion of possession anymore; they'll have to get more creative.
I think you are not understanding....

The feds aren't pulling anyone over for suspicion of Marijuana possession. They have bigger fish to fry.

Old 10-15-2022, 08:31 PM
foxfantastic
Offline:

Activity Longevity
14/20 16/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss8135

Quote:
Originally Posted by shitfly View Post
I think you are not understanding....

The feds aren't pulling anyone over for suspicion of Marijuana possession. They have bigger fish to fry.
No, YOU are not understanding. Let me put it into perspective.

The serial killer John Wayne Gacy was arrested, not initially for murder, but for possession.

He was witnessed by law enforcement attempting to pass a baggie of grass to a gas station employee. At this point detectives were 90% sure they had the right guy, but that wasnt enough to arrest him, and they were concerned because Gacy was behaving erratically and they feared he might be on the verge of committing suicide.

The point is that law enforcement will use any pretense available to them in their quest for justice. Heres another example:

YOU might be a perfect witness against a crime boss, but you dont wish to testify. Your beautiful perfect daughter, who is in the top of her class at a prestigious law school, is caught by local law enforcement smoking weed in a public park, which is considered federal land. The FBI gets wind of this; they can put pressure on YOU that they will charge HER with possession via federal law, potentially ruining her future career, unless you testify.

Do you understand now why one less tool in the hands of the federal government is a GOOD thing? Especially with something so trivial as cannabis?

The Following User Says Thank You to foxfantastic For This Useful Post:
dankboosh
The Following Users Say Fuck Off To This Post By foxfantastic:
houseoftechno
Old 10-15-2022, 10:01 PM
shitfly
Offline:
My Name Is Mud

Activity Longevity
2/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss14761

Quote:
No, YOU are not understanding. Let me put it into perspective.

The serial killer John Wayne Gacy was arrested, not initially for murder, but for possession.

He was witnessed by law enforcement attempting to pass a baggie of grass to a gas station employee. At this point detectives were 90% sure they had the right guy, but that wasnt enough to arrest him, and they were concerned because Gacy was behaving erratically and they feared he might be on the verge of committing suicide.

The point is that law enforcement will use any pretense available to them in their quest for justice. Heres another example:

YOU might be a perfect witness against a crime boss, but you dont wish to testify. Your beautiful perfect daughter, who is in the top of her class at a prestigious law school, is caught by local law enforcement smoking weed in a public park, which is considered federal land. The FBI gets wind of this; they can put pressure on YOU that they will charge HER with possession via federal law, potentially ruining her future career, unless you testify.

Do you understand now why one less tool in the hands of the federal government is a GOOD thing? Especially with something so trivial as cannabis?
And you don't think they could still leverage any of that anymore just bc it's not a federal crime? Do you really think that they can only throw their hands up in the air and go "whelp! Nothing we can do now, guys... let's go home."?

It changes absolutely nothing.

The Following User Says Thank You to shitfly For This Useful Post:
hambone
Old 10-16-2022, 02:28 AM
foxfantastic
Offline:

Activity Longevity
14/20 16/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss8135

Quote:
And you don't think they could still leverage any of that anymore just bc it's not a federal crime? Do you really think that they can only throw their hands up in the air and go "whelp! Nothing we can do now, guys... let's go home."?

It changes absolutely nothing.
I didn't SAY they were just going to throw up their hands and admit defeat. Going back to the Gacy example, the law against possession gave the officers a PRETEXT to arrest him.

The cops could give a shit whether he was in possession of marijuana; if I remember correctly, they'd already found PLENTY of weed and other drugs during an initial search warrant executed at Gacy's house. In that last day, law enforcement was concerned that Gacy was a flight risk, in this case via suicide, so they used what pretty much amounted to a bluenose statute at their disposal to apprehend him while they solidified the murder charges against him and executed a SECOND search warrant to dig up his crawlspace.

Old 10-16-2022, 04:10 AM
shitfly
Offline:
My Name Is Mud

Activity Longevity
2/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss14761

Quote:
I didn't SAY they were just going to throw up their hands and admit defeat. Going back to the Gacy example, the law against possession gave the officers a PRETEXT to arrest him.

The cops could give a shit whether he was in possession of marijuana; if I remember correctly, they'd already found PLENTY of weed and other drugs during an initial search warrant executed at Gacy's house. In that last day, law enforcement was concerned that Gacy was a flight risk, in this case via suicide, so they used what pretty much amounted to a bluenose statute at their disposal to apprehend him while they solidified the murder charges against him and executed a SECOND search warrant to dig up his crawlspace.
There are still laws against possession, usually handled by local authorities. In any case, drug charges on the federal level are reserved for major offenses, such as manufacturing and trafficking.

If they want to use simple marijuana possession as a means to an advantage somehow, they have many avenues at their disposal already to make that happen, and no federal law re: possession is going hinder their objective.

Old 10-16-2022, 04:17 AM
foxfantastic
Offline:

Activity Longevity
14/20 16/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss8135

Quote:
There are still laws against possession, usually handled by local authorities. In any case, drug charges on the federal level are reserved for major offenses, such as manufacturing and trafficking.

If they want to use simple marijuana possession as a means to an advantage somehow, they have many avenues at their disposal already to make that happen, and no federal law re: possession is going hinder their objective.
The highlighted statement is all I'm concerned with, that they HAD the potential to use that to their advantage and now they don't. I can't get any plainer than the Gacy example as to how that might have been an option in that type of situation.