Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
2/20 5/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss111
Re: Kid Rock's 911 Call After The Death of Michael Sacha

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorelli09 View Post
This woman spent too much time asking the same questions, tho I understand she's gathering info to pass on to the appropriate Emergency responders. She's trying to ask the question of if he's dead or not so she can instruct them on the phone how to perform CPR and other steps to render help until EMS arrives. Just because a person "looks" dead doesn't always mean they are. I agree she is not very good at listening, but until you've been in her position (which,yes, I have for many years), it's easy to lay blame. Kid was too emotional to give her answers she needed and by blowing up he's delaying the process. She needs to make sure the scene is safe before sending anyone, cops included. Speaking from personal experience, far too much time was wasted by repeatedly asking what happened, or that's how it appears in the call. Simply state your emergency and then listen to the dispatcher guide you through...she was not on point in this call. This call should be used in training and reviewed. Either way, sad a young guy died so tragically. RIP
It seems you are claiming to be a 911 operator or that you have experience with dealing with them. If so you would know that most operators have procedure cards that they must read and questions they must ask. You say she spent too much time asking similar questions. Those questions progress to uncover the facts at the scene and are put together to give the people tge best chance to save lives! Just because one thinks someone is dead and they can not be saved there are tousands of calls each day where people are revived or alive when the callers believe the victim was already dead. I really wish people would stop judging these operators so harshly when those judging have little clue about what is required of the 911 employees. Please help to explain to others the procedures so they may be more understanding. Thanks!

Old 08-04-2016, 10:42 PM
Boner
Offline:
♪♪ßӨƝΣR♪♪
Poster Rank:503
Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Quoted: 758 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 12/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss1391

911 operator - "Can I have your name please"

K.R. - "MY NAME IS KIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIDDDDDDDDDDDDDD!!!!!!.....KID ROCK!!!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Boner For This Useful Post:
MarmaladeGypsy, Mr_Shlaapu, rapeWhistle
Old 03-15-2017, 01:50 AM
HSO
Offline:
Jack Officer
Poster Rank:34
❄️INFP

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 16234 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
20/20 16/20
Today Posts
5/11 ssss26901

Uhh...unprofessional sounding to me...

The Following User Says Thank You to HSO For This Useful Post:
Mr_Shlaapu
Old 05-05-2018, 11:48 AM
MarmaladeGypsy
Offline:
My Rank: LANCE CORPORAL
Poster Rank:1388
Female

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 63 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 3/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss297

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark_angel View Post
How exactly does that work? Cops waiting for the scene to be "safe" before responding sounds like an episode of the show Reno 911
Cops don’t wait for the scene to be safe. Paramedics do. Not in this call, but in calls where there is domestic violence and/or dangerous criminal behavior, even if the ambulance gets there first they must first wait for cops to clear the scene. EMT/Paramedics aren’t supposed to carry guns, but I would be carrying a concealed.

Old 05-11-2018, 08:46 PM
Grimlyfe
Offline:
My Rank: SERGEANT
Poster Rank:948
Dude

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 157 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
2/20 3/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss537

Quote:
Originally Posted by allbassfearme View Post
Come on, do you know how many crank calls these 911 operators get? They are trained to take down information and dispatch accordingly. Most have proceedure cards they are required to follow. Yelling someone needs an ambulance is just not enough. Many times there is very limited equiptment (fire trucks, rescue trucks, ambulances) available. If extraction equiptment is needed it makes no sense to send an ambulance which will have very limited tools to help with that. It is so easy to judge others without knowing what the training is for these 911 callers who rarely are recognized, yet often criticized, for saving hundreds of thousands of lives each day! Just like you would not want someone judging you for how you operate this site (I know you have had many difficulties and misery put on you by others who do not see what you wish to accomplish with all the hard work you pour into this site) I would ask you to please hold off judgement for these 911 operators. It is a tough job and many have nightmares on a daily basis due to the calls and things they hear each day. Please consider it and thank you for what you do here...
You ever called 911 as a kid and hung up? They send ambulance and police anyway. IF SOMEONE DIALS 911 99% OF THE TIME IT'S BECAUSE THEY NEED AN AMBULANCE, what part of that is so fucking hard to understand. He gave the address, she should have instantly sent the alert. The fact that she almost acted as if she wasn't going to send anyone until she heard the ENTIRE story is bull shit. Bitch shouldn't be in charge of whether or not to save someone's life.

Old 05-12-2018, 12:24 PM
rapeWhistle
$lave
Poster Rank:16
Regular White Guy
Contributions: 80

Mentioned: 545 Post(s)
Quoted: 26122 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
16/20 14/20
Today Posts
6/11 ssss48381

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boner View Post
911 operator - "Can I have your name please"

K.R. - "MY NAME IS KIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIDDDDDDDDDDDDDD!!!!!!.....KID ROCK!!!

Besides constantly out of breath