JavaScript and Cookies are required to view this site. Please enable both in your browser settings.
Sheriff Deputy Fired After Inmate Beating Caught On Tape

Go Back  

Current Rating:

Join NowJoin Now
Old 10-09-2010, 11:18 AM
chris
★ ★ GENERAL ★ ★
Poster Rank:40
male
Contributions: 35

Mentioned: 1910 Post(s)
Quoted: 19584 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
6/20 20/20
Today Posts
3/11 ssss32993

Quote:
A Kershaw County Sheriff's deputy fired Friday for beating a handcuffed suspect is now under investigation by the South Carolina Law Enforcement Division and the FBI.

The beating was caught on the surveillance cameras at the Kershaw County Detention Center last Thursday night.

A van pulled into the sally port of the jail to unload people who had been arrested at a traffic safety checkpoint. Sgt. Oddie Tribble, Jr. took 38-year-old Charles Shelley out of the van and then started beating his legs with a baton. Shelley's hands were cuffed behind him.

"We don't think it's typical behavior in South Carolina but it is certainly disturbing behavior," says SLED Director Reggie Lloyd.

Tribble hit Shelley more than two dozen times. One of Shelley's legs was broken and the other needed stitches.

Lloyd says the state investigation is continuing while the FBI looks into whether Tribble violated Shelley's civil rights.

A possible state charge could be assault and battery of a high and aggravated nature, but Lloyd says federal civil rights charges usually have stiffer penalties.

Because of that, if there are federal charges it's likely they would move forward instead of state charges, if there are any.

In the video, one deputy stands by the van and does not try to stop the beating. There were also detention center officers watching through a window.

"That's one of the things that will be reviewed during the course of an investigation and, again, anytime you've got somebody in custody, whether it's police officers or detention facilities or prisons, that question gets raised of was there a duty on others to act to protect a suspect?

And if they didn't do that, was there a legitimate reason that they did not intervene but they may have, for example, reported immediately the incident to their superiors as well as law enforcement," Lloyd says.
Test

Picture and Video Clip Stats.
File Type: mp4 380a5bf5d4814dc9917f19ae1558e847.mp4 (2.18 MB , 209 views)
alpha.first.one, Black Knight
Old 10-09-2010, 07:08 PM
My Rank: FIRST SERGEANT
Poster Rank:369

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 143 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 17/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss3079
If I did that while on the job, not only would I get fired but I'd be facing a felony assault. Why isn't he Oh yeah, he's a cop
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AmericanIllusions For This Useful Post:
denmetal80, GodsOutlaw
Old 10-10-2010, 10:59 AM
kellyhound
Offline:
✝Mudderator from Hell✝
Poster Rank:11
Contributions: 817

Mentioned: 433 Post(s)
Quoted: 8443 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
17/20 20/20
Today Posts
11/11 ssss84928
Quote:
In the video, one deputy stands by the van and does not try to stop the beating. There were also detention center officers watching through a window.
Should be prosecuted too.
The Following User Says Thank You to kellyhound For This Useful Post:
GodsOutlaw
Old 10-11-2010, 03:05 PM
xoij
Offline:
My Rank: CORPORAL
Poster Rank:1557
Male

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 17/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss345
Dont commit fucking crime. Simple as.
Old 10-11-2010, 05:56 PM
My Rank: FIRST SERGEANT
Poster Rank:369

Quoted: 143 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 17/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss3079
Quote:
Originally Posted by xoij View Post
Dont commit fucking crime. Simple as.
This is prob the county jail you dumb ass. I was in there for 3 days over a domestic despute that a lying bitch couldn't prove. I never touched her but I wish I would of. It cost me 5 grand to bail out and they kept 10% of that months later when I beat the case.

Moral is: Don't assume shit. The cop was wrong.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AmericanIllusions For This Useful Post:
Black Knight, denmetal80
Old 10-12-2010, 01:09 PM
Black Knight
Offline:
So Fucking Banned
Poster Rank:292
Male

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 16/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss4168
The cop was wrong. The guy had trouble moving along due to his baggy pants slowing him down.
Old 10-13-2010, 12:39 AM
becca320
Offline:
Fuck that shit
Poster Rank:329
female

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 16/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss3636
The cop was wrong from what we see, but how do you know he didn't try some shit and the cop told him to get to the ground and he would not do it??????? You really can't assume shit cause when you assume you make an ass out of you and me!! Bet this will turn into a case of racial profiling or whatever the NAACP is gonna get involved so this cop is gonna wish he never took this job to begin with....i'm just saying