Contributions: 8

Mentioned: 685 Post(s)
Quoted: 35587 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 sss117871
Re: The Murder of Skylar Neese 2012

Our youth is getting more violent by generation. It isnt bashing, it is reality. Parents are failing, kids are raising themselves and the result is each generations morals are declining under no guidance, they are just getting more and more self absorbed and the future looks grim. Their issues are caused by us.

There was nothing wrong with his/her comment.

BBKF, Blueline29, Brandi, JennyM, Jordana, lozzy_ash, vagabond, WhatAClumsyGirl
Old 11-01-2015, 12:27 PM
Flaka
Offline:
~Una dama~
Poster Rank:21

Mentioned: 39 Post(s)
Quoted: 2469 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
2/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss37896

no such thing as friends. not like those little cunts

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Flaka For This Useful Post:
vagabond, xCellarxDoorx
Old 11-01-2015, 03:08 PM
wickedlara
Offline:
My Rank: MASTER SERGEANT
Poster Rank:393
Dickless

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 1310 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
2/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2060

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amy View Post
Our youth is getting more violent by generation. It isnt bashing, it is reality. Parents are failing, kids are raising themselves and the result is each generations morals are declining
You mean well, but you are just buying into the anti-youth stereotypes put out by the our rightwing media.

Here's what wrong with the post: Youth violent crime has greatly declined from the "gold old days" of the last century. Even if what you and the other poster said were true (clearly it is not), it would still be stereotyping.

Would it right to say blacks are without morals after reading about some crime committed by a black person?

Adults commit by far most of the violent crime in this country, not kids.

Deal with facts, not perceptions. Let's try to give this generation some of the advantages that we had, like free college and quality secondary education. We owe them at least that much. Our generation is the self-absorbed generation. Help or get out of the way. It is time to begin fixing things that we screwed up.

Your Source For Death Pictures and Death Video
youth%20crime.jpg  

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wickedlara For This Useful Post:
Hotsauce, Lizarella
The Following Users Say Fuck Off To This Post By wickedlara:
vagabond
Old 11-01-2015, 09:34 PM
Amy
Offline:
Patron Saint of Filth
Poster Rank:1

Activity Longevity
1/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 sss117871

I have kids and am around tons of them. My husband is a school teacher. Once again, can give a honest comparison of kids over the past almost 20 years from a first person view. I say what I see personally. I am also a counselor by trade and have dealt with oodles of troubled kids. So my qualifications come from combined experience not politics, news, media or concocted statistics.

Sorry....I dont watch liberal or conservative media. You will need a different approach with me if you want to discredit my observations. That old standard go to isnt going to work. Really a crappy cop-out.

Personal knowledge/experience with an issue trumps statistics that are easily manipulated and can be fixedcby unlimited variables to match ones arguments. Id figure being so worldly you would know this.

BBKF, JennyM, Jordana, lozzy_ash, vagabond, WhatAClumsyGirl
The Following Users Say Fuck Off To This Post By Amy:
Anna Kay
Old 11-02-2015, 09:34 PM
wickedlara
Offline:
Dickless

Activity Longevity
2/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2060

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amy View Post
I have kids and am around tons of them. My husband is a school teacher. Once again, can give a honest comparison of kids over the past almost 20 years from a first person view. I say what I see personally. I am also a counselor by trade and have dealt with oodles of troubled kids. So my qualifications come from combined experience not politics, news, media or concocted statistics.

Sorry....I dont watch liberal or conservative media. You will need a different approach with me if you want to discredit my observations. That old standard go to isnt going to work. Really a crappy cop-out.

Personal knowledge/experience with an issue trumps statistics that are easily manipulated and can be fixedcby unlimited variables to match ones arguments. Id figure being so worldly you would know this.
I have to admire someone who won't let facts interfere with her prejudices. Stupid numbers mean nothing!!!

Stats can only be manipulated to fool the ignorant. Real stats are math, and math is pretty well fixed. I guess you figure that the FBI dummies up the arrest rates.

Since you trust personal observation so much, you must believe that the sun moves around the earth.

Anyway since you and husband think something, it must be right, such strong proof. I will follow your thoughts and abandon stupid facts in the future.

BTW, the Canadian government did a study on this issue, and the study found that most people had impressions much like yours, but those lying Knuck government officials pointed that the opposite was true. False perceptions know no borders. Should I send you the link?

Does every older generation have to bash the next one? I promised myself that I would be open minded as I aged.

What media do you read or watch, if neither liberal or conservative?

Try, for once, to admit you were wrong. It happens. Deal with it.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wickedlara For This Useful Post:
Anna Kay, Lizarella
Old 11-02-2015, 09:52 PM
Amy
Offline:
Patron Saint of Filth

Activity Longevity
1/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 sss117871

Stats. What could interfere? All sorts of things not to mention the insane amount of alternative programs for youth offenders that keep their records clean. Seems you are the only one being brainwashed by anything sis. Think deeper into things. I can shoot stats back at you to back up my side but why? Too many variables. Any given study that is being used to prove a point will omit things to get their numbers. Neverctrust any statistic that shows a massive spike or decline in anything. History teaches us that things get progressivelybbetter or worse if using the same control methods throughout. Did you not take statistics in school? Please dont be so demeaning towards me because I disagree with your "evidence" it is rude and only makes me disregard any good info you may present. Your first sentence alone is rude as fuck.

JennyM, Jordana
The Following Users Say Fuck Off To This Post By Amy:
Anna Kay
Old 11-02-2015, 10:16 PM
Amy
Offline:
Patron Saint of Filth

Activity Longevity
1/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 sss117871

PS I said youth violence, not youth crime rate which is only reported crimes. Says nothing of overall violence.

Certain things that would have caused a report in say 1995 barely raise a brow now. This includes threats of violence towrds other students, school officials or out on the street. You show me a youth murder stat and try to pass it off as proof that kids arent getting more violent in general. See your gap in logic?

Old 11-02-2015, 10:57 PM
wickedlara
Offline:
Dickless

Activity Longevity
2/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2060

"Id figure being so worldly you would know this." You call my sarcasm rude, but what about yours? A big drop in murder arrests doesn't show that kids are less violent than they used be? Yes, someone has a logic gap. Tell me the error of my thinking. Wow, and you question my logic. You seem insulted that I support my claims with numbers. Stats are not that tricky. BTW, alternative offender programs would not affect arrest rates for murder. You can understand that much of stats; I am sure. If you are a counselor, you must have taken at least basic stats, but....

If you can't bash the blacks, or women, or Mexicans, thank god we can still stereotype and demean the kids. Those punks think they should get free college just because we did. Let them pay, like we didn't. But let's make sure they pay our social security when we get old enough to want it.

Old 11-03-2015, 06:56 AM
Amy
Offline:
Patron Saint of Filth

Activity Longevity
1/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 sss117871

Whole posts attempting to discredit me by belittling me is not sarcasm, it is being an asshole.

Quote:
Statistics are invaluable as evidence in support of conclusions. If you can either find or generate statistics that show the truth of your conclusions, there are few that would refute your ideas.

There are, of course, problems with using statistics as evidence. Let me remind you of a famous saying: "There are three ways to not tell the truth: lies, damned lies, and statistics." What you must do is ask yourself some questions: who did the study that came up with the statistics, what exactly are the statistics measuring, who was asked, how were they asked, and compared with what? If one believes in the truth of statistics (and there are many such), then how does one explain that the same Presidential candidate can be 20 points ahead and 5 points behind his opponent in the polls at the same time? After all, both polls are "statistics". What you must be examine, if you wish to use statistics as evidence, are the above questions.
http://public.wsu.edu/~taflinge/evistats.html

Murder and overall violence is not comparable as an absolute. Saying it over and over isnt making it any truer.

Violence isnt limited to murder. The number of reported crimes has drastically decreased due to lessened parental involvement, as I said way up there. Kids dont report kids. Kids get even. During adolescence their brains function off of emotion as opposed to logic. This is why parental involvement is so crutial. But with less of that you have kids acting out, many times in violent manners, due to their inability to cope with the emotions they feel in a logical manner. This isnt a political agenda, this is scientific fact and a sad issue within our society that will only continue to get worse unless we as adults get our heads out of our ass and start doing our jobs as parents. Parenting isnt an option when you spew spawn from yourself, it is owed to that child and society. You are the only one "blaming" the kids. I blame adults.

I guess you arent understanding what im saying and since we arent to act like heathens here and this is not the debate section im going to shut up now before I get an infraction. I will start a thread in the debate section later today where we can continue this.

If you dont have anything helpful or useful to say about the op id appreciate you not turning this thread into a debate about some strange agenda you have on kid bashing. It is about a true crime case. It is a good case. Thanks.

lozzy_ash, vagabond
Old 11-29-2015, 02:55 AM
vagabond
Offline:
★ Legacy Member ★
Poster Rank:136
female

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 1172 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
2/20 9/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss8159

Seems like everything was ok until the 'third wheel', the redhead, entered the picture. I have found that friendships of three with women especially don't work, as someone is always getting left out, or stabbed in the back, etc. I am a women, and I trust men much easier as friends, in general. Not that there aren't bitchy, backstabbin' men out there.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to vagabond For This Useful Post:
Amy, Brandi
The Following Users Say Fuck Off To This Post By vagabond:
Slyvia