Poster Rank:12453

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 6/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssssss7
Mary Anderson Cold Case, AKA The Cipher in Room 214

After looking at a thread called "The Nameless" on this site, I browsed NamUS for more cases of unidentified people. The most peculiar one I found was the case of a woman who used the alias Mary Anderson. I decided to do some more research into it, so I looked at sites like Doe Network.

She checked into Hotel Vintage Park in Seattle on October 9th, 1996 in room 214. She paid $350 in cash for two nights and signed the register as Mary Anderson. She gave a fake New York address and a fake phone number.

Two days later, she did not check out. The door was bolted. Engineers had to bypass the lock. She was found dead in bed, with the King James Bible opened to the 23rd Psalm on her chest. A note on the desk read,

"To whom it may concern: I have decided to end my life and no one is responsible for my death. Mary Anderson.

P.S. I have no relatives. You can use my body as you choose."

Cyanide mixed into a glass of Metamucil was found at the scene. The death was assumed to be a suicide, but there was the possibility that the woman was murdered. Investigators could not find an ID or credit card.

Numerous attempts to identify her proved fruitless. She had a copper IUD in her uterus, but the part number had worn away. Investigators tried to trace her clothing, makeup, and Metamucil. Dental records didn't help. The clerk recalled nothing exceptional about her. The labels of the prescription bottles found at the scene were missing.

She was 5'8, weighed 240 pounds, had reddish-brown hair and brown eyes. She had scars from breast surgery and had a dental plate. Her age was estimated to be 33-45. She wore expensive cosmetics and was well-groomed.

She has remained unidentified for over 20 years and lies in an unmarked grave at Crown Hill Cemetery in Seattle.

Documenting Reality
MApostmortem.jpg  

Attached Images

The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to gorehound1998 For This Useful Post:
Azimuth, Bella_Italiana, DeeMarieGK, Dmocecil, Irish66, Jordana, kellyhound, Nightprowler, Photoplay, SammySausage, Simone, Vampyre, wujuan
Old 06-02-2017, 03:43 AM
kellyhound
Offline:
✝Mudderator from Hell✝
Poster Rank:10
Contributions: 690

Mentioned: 282 Post(s)
Quoted: 4505 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
18/20 20/20
Today Posts
11/11 ssss66994
Re: Mary Anderson Cold Case, AKA The Cipher in Room 214

she looks like she's of Eastern European descent.

Quote:
Psalm 23King James Version (KJV)

23 The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want.

2 He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters.

3 He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake.

4 Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.

5 Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over.

6 Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the Lord for ever.
UPDATE: As of June 10, 2013, Missing Person MARY CORRINE AMOS has been presented to the NamUs Regional Administrator as a "possible" potential match for Jane Doe "Mary Anderson." The comparison images seen here and the similarities in details are being looked into and have been forwarded on.

Documenting Reality
bild.jpg  

The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to kellyhound For This Useful Post:
Azimuth, Bella_Italiana, goddessinsecta, gorehound1998, ILookyLoo, loosy, Nightprowler, Photoplay, U2Addict, Vampyre, WhatAClumsyGirl, wujuan
Old 07-14-2017, 04:26 AM
goddessinsecta
Offline:
My Rank: PRIVATE FIRST CLASS
Poster Rank:4162

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 9/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssssss58

Nose doesn't look a match.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to goddessinsecta For This Useful Post:
Bella_Italiana, gorehound1998
The Following Users Say Fuck Off To This Post By goddessinsecta:
ZombieGreco
Old 07-15-2017, 11:40 AM
gorehound1998
Offline:
My Rank: PRIVATE
Poster Rank:12453

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 6/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssssss7

The profiles of Mary Corrine Amos and Mary Anderson probably don't match up. According to Doe Network, Mary Corrine Amos had a vertical scar on her abdomen. The NamUS profile of Mary Anderson says that she had scars on her chest from a breast reduction surgery, but an abdominal scar had not been reported. Mary Corrine Amos was also born in 1932, so she would have been 64 by the time she was found. Mary Anderson was estimated to be 30-50 according to NamUS, 33-45 according to Doe Network. Mary Corrine Amos was also reported to have green eyes, while Mary Anderson was reported to have brown eyes.

Old 08-03-2017, 10:01 PM
fctedg
Offline:
My Rank: PRIVATE
Poster Rank:7271

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 16/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssssss21

Here's what we can put together from this thread alone:

1. Mary Anderson is a phony name, and there was no I.D. found with the body.

2. Medication bottles found were missing labels

1&2 might point to this woman planning this out and quite purposely taking measures not to be identified

3. The thread here does not mention physical trauma of ANY kind. Was there trauma? Did the M.E. find signs of asphyxiation in the whites of the eyes?

4. In photo 1 showing her arm bent at the elbow, it appears to show an allergy of some kind or a skin irritation. That might be a medical clue.

Questions:

Did the M.E. report mention lividity patterns on the body?

Did toxicology tests confirm the presence of cyanide?

Did the M.E. or investigators run her DNA into any sort of ancestry database? These databases tend to be very useful!

Does her DNA match anyone in the state or federal penal system? Did anyone try going that route?

The Following User Says Thank You to fctedg For This Useful Post:
ILookyLoo
Old 10-30-2019, 08:12 PM
ILookyLoo
Offline:
My Rank: LANCE CORPORAL
Poster Rank:2459

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 3/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss138

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellyhound View Post
she looks like she's of Eastern European descent.

UPDATE: As of June 10, 2013, Missing Person MARY CORRINE AMOS has been presented to the NamUs Regional Administrator as a "possible" potential match for Jane Doe "Mary Anderson." The comparison images seen here and the similarities in details are being looked into and have been forwarded on.
Good job Kellyhound-love your posts!

Old 04-02-2020, 08:02 PM
ILookyLoo
Offline:
My Rank: LANCE CORPORAL
Poster Rank:2459

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 3/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss138

Nice follow up Kellyhound to an interesting mystery!

Old 04-03-2020, 10:05 AM
Simone
Offline:
Für Immer Verloren
Poster Rank:53
Femme de haine
Contributions: 589

Mentioned: 63 Post(s)
Quoted: 7951 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
19/20 5/20
Today Posts