Poster Rank:5900

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 11/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssssss30
Re: Asha Degree Missing From North Carolina in 2000

There is a person, unrelated to As ha, who writes a blog on the case. I am not sure where this came from, other than one of Asha's family members: Asha had taken to sleeping beside her brother's bed at night. On the floor. Now, they already slept in the same bedroom. What the hell had this little girl so scared?
Furthermore. What was the father checking in on the kids at that time of night?
A child is scared and wants to sleep by her brother's bed...on the FLOOR....but she ran off in the middle of the night? Bullshit.
Something stinks BAD about this case.
The way this blog read....it kind of leads one to believe there was abuse going on in the home.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to technicolorrose For This Useful Post:
Amy, jesuswept
Old 10-12-2018, 08:20 PM
technicolorrose
Offline:
My Rank: PRIVATE

Activity Longevity
0/20 11/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssssss30

Quote:
Originally Posted by morbid75 View Post
That is an interesting angle. I did some more research on this and there are some disagreements with this theory. For one Asha had extreme social anxiety and terrible fear of the dark. She would go sleep with her brother but when her parents said she was too old she would sleep on the floor beside his bed. I got this information from a blog about her disappearance where they refer to her as Shelby's (the town) Sweetheart.

But if she did have anxiety and fear of the dark why would she venture out in the dark. Maybe she was sleepwalking or woke up in a panic thinking she missed the bus.

The key to this is why she left and who she met in my opinion. If we knew those we could figure out what happened to her. I never bought she ran away on a whim.
I don't think she ran away. And i don't think she got up thinking she missed school BC obviously she'd have seen her brother was asleep.
I know the blog you're talking about.
I think there was abuse in the home. IMO. Because why would she want to sleep with or by her brother? They're already in the same room. What would make her want to do that? And why the hell was the father checking on the kids that late at night for?
Maybe some parents do that. They just look in on the kids, glance through an already open door. But 3 something in the morning?
I don't think this girl ran at all. I think it was made to look like she did. Possible whoever saw a person on the road that night was mistaken. Why not call authorities as soon as you saw that. If she DID run away...she was running FROM something. Why would a child that age, scared of the dark, pack her things (to include her bball jersey/uniform..?), & go out in the pouring damn rain?
I believe somebody in their circle knows more than what they are telling. All i know is it must be a terrible secret. if that's the case....

The Following User Says Thank You to technicolorrose For This Useful Post:
Amy
Old 10-12-2018, 08:25 PM
technicolorrose
Offline:

Activity Longevity
0/20 11/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssssss30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amy View Post
Children who experience night terrors do not have any memory of them upon waking. Perhaps the anxiety was just a symptom of a deeper rooted psychological issue.
Children with ANXIETY do not have a problem distinguishing realty from fantasy. There is more going in there if that is the case. There may be an irrational fear, such as fear of rejection. But no. Trust me, i might not be an expert but i have a lot of experience in the field of pediatric mental illness.
Sorry.....i just quoted the wrong person.
I do agree with you though. If she was having anxiety SOMETHING was behind that. Might've been simple, or might've been more than that.

The Following User Says Thank You to technicolorrose For This Useful Post:
Amy
Old 10-12-2018, 08:28 PM
technicolorrose
Offline:

Activity Longevity
0/20 11/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssssss30

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsGotHair View Post
I used the term "night terrors" as synonymous with "sleep paralysis", or "the old hag" - the sleep disorder associated with the perception of demonic attack, particularly in individuals with a religious background.
In some cases they may have no memory of the night terrors. But in some....they do. A night terror differs from a nightmare as the child may not be fully asleep when they experience it and the night terror is very real to a person and more psychological effect.

Old 10-12-2018, 08:36 PM
technicolorrose
Offline:

Activity Longevity
0/20 11/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssssss30

Quote:
Originally Posted by assertive worm View Post
As of May 26, 2016 There are New clues in Asha Degree's disappearance

http://www.wcnc.com/news/local/new-c...ance/214961800
http://www.morganton.com/news/new-in...f498ae208.html

I've got a ? about the car. Why did police not pull DMV records of anyone with a car of that description & question them???
I heard of one case, cant remember off top of my head, but there was a white truck involved. Police did checks on ALL WHITE TRUCKS they came in contact with.
I mean shit. This car was 30 plus years old when Asha went missing. How many people are around that will be driving a pea or baby shit green car like that?

Old 10-14-2018, 02:14 PM
My Rank: LANCE CORPORAL
Poster Rank:2439
Female

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 67 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 9/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss132

Reminds me back when i was fifteen i lived in this apartment complex and people would let their toddlers and little children run out and play by themselves. There were numerous occasions where me and my friends would catch creepers riding by in vans and watching the young children and we would confront them and they would drive off... Then one time in particular, there was a two year old girl running around by herself and I just had this horrible feeling that if I didn't do something, her mother would never find her again. So I picked up the little girl and me and my friends walked all over the place complex with her until someone recognized her and called her mother. When the mother finally met up with us she had just got through crying really bad because apparently she had been looking for her everywhere and couldn't find her for the last hour. She told me that all she did was was turn around for one second and the little girl was gone. Sad part about this is we have tons of missing cases similar to this and if people had just took action when they saw a child running around unsupervised we wouldn't have issues like that. Calling police isn't enough. Sometimes you have to take the child under your wing and do something about it yourself. It's just baffles me that two truckers saw that little girl and none of them did anything about it ..

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Foreverewalkalone For This Useful Post:
Druss, Dusti_, Nemesia
Old 10-18-2018, 04:36 AM
Dusti_
Offline:
My Rank: LANCE CORPORAL
Poster Rank:2893

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
2/20 4/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss101

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris View Post
You know, not blaming them, but what person see's a nine year old walking down the street at 4AM and does not think something may be up. Would have taken 5 minutes to call 911 and let a deputy know there is a young person wandering the streets at 4AM and they might want to check on her.
No shit!!! That's what I was thinking...