|
#1
●
01-12-2009, 02:18 PM
|
|
Whale Shark Butchered in Public in Guangdong, China: 2007 Photos
A whale shark was butchered on a public square in Guangdong province, China, in an event photographed by August 2007. The animal was laid on the pavement as workers hosed and scrubbed its carcass, opened its body and cut thick slabs of flesh while a large crowd watched from behind a rope line. Other views showed the shark's broad, flat head, wide mouth and distinctive pattern of white spots. Claims circulating with the photographs described the animal as a giant man-eating catfish taken from a reservoir. It was a whale shark, a marine species, and no human remains were found in the animal.
__________________ Support the site and our continued existance by upgrading to a Green Name |
|
#7
●
01-19-2009, 06:26 AM
|
|
Re: Whale Shark Butchered in Public in Guangdong, China: 2007 Photos
Shark steaks are nice though very hard to find now. Like tuna really, not too fishy. I used to see many whale sharks of the coast of the Isle of Arran in Scotland. Big gentle giants. **Correction!** I meant BASKING sharks!!! (also harmless) Not whale sharks. I did see them in a group from the shore not that far out. Maybe breeding season behaviour, I'm unsure. |
|
#9
●
01-21-2009, 07:05 AM
|
|
Re: Whale Shark Butchered in Public in Guangdong, China: 2007 Photos
I'm so silly!!! It was BASKING sharks I saw up of Arran! Oh dear |