Male

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 211 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
2/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2369
Re: I Know I Am Stirring Up a Hornet's Nest Here

Who wrote the Bible code? A really clever guy who knew he could brainwash a gazillion people with just a few deft strokes of his pen. Probably the same fuckwit who wrote the Bible itself I reckon.

And it worked, people flocked in their droves to believe that drivel.

As with all religions, the almighty god created the universe, but left not one tiny drop of proof that he'd done it.

A fuckin miracle, if ya ask me, a fuckin' miracle.

For years I assumed that adults didn't believe all that religious twaddle, just grew out it when they left school, but now I work in the USA I am surrounded by grown men and women who go to church every Sunday and many seriously believe in Adam and Eve, and Jesus Christ and that the earth is only 6000 years old etc. Incredible!

Old 11-09-2012, 12:05 AM
TwistedPrincess
Offline:
My Rank: STAFF SERGEANT
Poster Rank:625

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 13/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss1008

and so...

Attached Images

Old 11-30-2012, 07:36 PM
My Rank: MAJOR
Poster Rank:100
Male.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 365 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss11690

That would stir it up good, wouldn't it ?

Old 12-01-2012, 06:52 AM
khathryn
Offline:
Poster Rank:631
Inny

Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss987

After having gone through this entire thread, I've forgotten some of what I wanted to say. But as for what I remember:

Let me preface this with the fact that I consider myself to be agnostic. At one point, however, I was Christian, and these are a couple of the things I had to believe in order to "make it work in my head."

1. If God created everything, God must have also created evil. Whether there was a purpose to this or not, I don't know.

2. If God is all-knowing, and yet we supposedly have free will, the only way I could reconcile that was in believing God knows ALL of the possible outcomes of any situation.

3. If God is all-powerful, but chooses not to intercede in bad situations due to allowing us free will, this may be where the "evil side" of God comes into play. Kind of like being the author of a Choose Your Own Adventure book. If the reader chooses option A, it will lead to situation B, where they may choose option C, which leads to situation D. Only He knows all of the situations and options from which the reader may choose, yet it is still up to the reader to decide how the story actually goes in reality.

4. Sometimes people, particularly those in bad life situations, are more in need of hearing from Him directly... which would be why Bill and others get knocked upside the head with a 2x4.

Perhaps it is because dying cancer patients and others who would be comforted by that direct contact already believe, at least to some degree. They cry out to God for answers, or lash out at Him for the unfairness of their situation. Others who are living "sinful" lives simply don't. They don't look to God for anything.

As for the code, I'll admit, I'm completely uninformed, so I have zero opinion on that matter.

Old 12-01-2012, 06:53 AM
khathryn
Offline:
Inny

Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss987

Shit. I scrolled up my post to add the "choose your own adventure" bit and put it in the wrong damn section! LMAO It should go in #2!

Old 12-01-2012, 06:54 AM
khathryn
Offline:
Inny

Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss987

Where did that darn edit button go? LOL

The Following User Says Thank You to khathryn For This Useful Post:
TwistedPrincess
Old 12-01-2012, 02:28 PM
valroadie
Offline:
My Rank: LANCE CORPORAL
Poster Rank:2392
M-m-m-male!

Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss127

As far as a bible code...I simply do not care. I realize history is important to learn from so we do not make the same mistakes but I am more concerned with how the present effects my life.
Man wrote the bible, man also invented ways of torture.
I put my life in the hands of science because that is what I am, science.
If you couldn't tell btw, I am a strongly outspoken atheist. ;)
Anywho, the sooner we can get past these mythilogical creatures everyone calls gods, the sooner we can further our understanding of the universe and ultimatley spread our species and knowledge throught the cosmos.

Old 12-03-2012, 05:48 AM
fster102
Offline:
My Rank: PRIVATE
Poster Rank:12837

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssssss5

THE BIBLE WAS A NOVEL WRITTEN TO STOP ANARCHY A LONG TIME AGO

Old 12-04-2012, 05:40 PM
My Rank: MAJOR
Poster Rank:100
Male.

Quoted: 365 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss11690

I know some do believe, while others do not. That's a given. The main reason I made this thread was more or less an experiment.
I know, I know, I need my ass kicked for it.

But, on the other hand, did you all notice how most people, regardless of their beliefs were respectful in answering the thread ?

Just imagine how the world would be if we ALL just took an extra second to think and be respectful to others, what would that be like ? And yes, I am including myself in this, I have been very disrespectful to quite a few people on here myself, but I'm trying to fix that as much as possible.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Billthegravedigger For This Useful Post:
khathryn, TwistedPrincess
Old 12-06-2012, 09:59 AM
TwistedPrincess
Offline:
Poster Rank:625

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 13/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss1008

Bill, yes it would be a much better place if everyone had respect for everyone else. this includes respect for others rights, beliefs and possessions. unfortunately people are so varied in their beliefs that there is no way every one can give every one complete respect, if any respect at all. the most that one can do at times it simply act respectful or just walk away. and then there are unavoidable situations that everyone will come across during their life time when one feels the other deserves absolutey no respect at all and simply can not walk away.

examples:

hunting for sport. i am against it. i may express my dislike to a sport hunter in a civilized manner but i am also going to respect the fact that he has a right to his own opinion on the subject.

smoking. smokers feel they have the right to smoke where they please. non smokers can go elsewhere if they don't like it. non smokers feel they have the right to not breathe second hand smoke wherever they go and smokers can go elsewhere to smoke. due to conflict of different attitudes as to what we think our rights are, there are laws that govern us. we may not respect the other person or what they feel is their right, but we comply or face a fine (or more depending on the offense).

torturing animals. i would imagine that someone who tortures animals feel they have the right to do so. i feel that an animal has rights to live a cruel free life and an animal torturer does not have the right to inflict his cruelty on animals. that is a conflict of what people consider as theirs and others rights. i do not nor will not give that person my respect for their animal abuse. nor will i discuss it with them or simply walk away and forget it.

in most situations, respecting the other person and respecting their right to have their own opinion, even if it is opposite our own is a good choice and would rid this world of a lot of problems. however, sometimes one is so committed to a belief that they can not or will not tolerate another, mightless give them any respect.

i feel that bible thumpers have their right to thump away their life if they so choose. they have the right to express their opinion to me as well as i have the right to express my opinion to them. the same goes with atheists. in my opinion, religion, god, evolution and such would be topics that would be easily discussed without disrespecting those with different viewpoints...
unless it is radical muslims. it is almost if not completely impossible to have any respect for them and their belies when your decapitated head is sitting on your chest.

respect is a two way street. but at some times, one finds that the road is a treacherous one or even may be closed when conditions are extreme.

Your Source For Death Pictures and Death Video
signs.jpg  

The Following User Says Thank You to TwistedPrincess For This Useful Post:
khathryn