Go Back  

Quebec Woman Sentenced to Jail After Helping a Family of Ducks Cross a Highway 

Current Rating:

Join NowJoin Now
 
  #51  
Old 06-22-2014, 05:53 PM
Zambini's Avatar
Zambini
Offline:
Instigator Extraordinaire
Poster Rank:41
Pull on it
Join Date: Jun 2011
Contributions: 3
 
Mentioned: 134 Post(s)
Quoted: 10636 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
16/20 12/20
Today Posts
3/11 ssss21870
Re: Quebec Woman Sentenced to Jail After Helping a Family of Ducks Cross a High

Glad she got charged, she deserved it after putting lives at risk and killing a few

And the Peking ducks?

They were delicious !

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve 1 View Post
No, I lead I don't follow. So far I've lead to prision 3 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve 1 View Post
You wailed to the mods,fuck off Ian. I'm upset you got rid of the child molester.
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old 06-22-2014, 11:52 PM
Metal Mike's Avatar
Metal Mike
Offline:
My Rank: MAJOR
Poster Rank:57
The Untrollable
Join Date: Jun 2013
 
Mentioned: 74 Post(s)
Quoted: 9984 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 8/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss17041
Re: Quebec Woman Sentenced to Jail After Helping a Family of Ducks Cross a High

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanda444 View Post
I feel like you may be experiencing optimism bias

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Optimism_bias

I do agree that you can know and expect others to behavior morally while still lapsing in that morality at times yourself.....i do that too, we all do.....its still hypocrisy.
No optimism bias; I'm literally a better driver. Driving is a skill, and experience improves one's skill level.

And Illusion, I know that the stopping distance for a motorcycle is a hell of a lot shorter than that for even the lightest cars. They stand a much better chance of avoiding a rear-end collision when operated by an alert driver.

Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Metal Mike For This Useful Post:
Kanda444
  #53  
Old 06-23-2014, 01:55 AM
Kanda444's Avatar
Kanda444
Offline:
You holdin....?
Poster Rank:10
Join Date: May 2010
Contributions: 23
 
Mentioned: 237 Post(s)
Quoted: 22233 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
12/20 14/20
Today Posts
11/11 ssss52737
Re: Quebec Woman Sentenced to Jail After Helping a Family of Ducks Cross a High

if you say so......

__________________
"High moral character is not a precondition for great moral accomplishments."
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old 06-24-2014, 02:55 AM
Metal Mike's Avatar
Metal Mike
Offline:
My Rank: MAJOR
Poster Rank:57
The Untrollable
Join Date: Jun 2013
 
Mentioned: 74 Post(s)
Quoted: 9984 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 8/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss17041
Re: Quebec Woman Sentenced to Jail After Helping a Family of Ducks Cross a High

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanda444 View Post
if you say so......
Are you trying to tell me that I'm wrong about the long-term effects of substantial experience?

Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old 06-24-2014, 04:44 AM
Kanda444's Avatar
Kanda444
Offline:
You holdin....?
Poster Rank:10
Join Date: May 2010
Contributions: 23
 
Mentioned: 237 Post(s)
Quoted: 22233 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
12/20 14/20
Today Posts
11/11 ssss52737
Re: Quebec Woman Sentenced to Jail After Helping a Family of Ducks Cross a High

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metal Mike View Post
Are you trying to tell me that I'm wrong about the long-term effects of substantial experience?
no, im saying its incredibly credulous to assume that any amount of experience will be able to keep you safe 100% of the time, as you seem to be implying. its also naive to assume that your driving 'expertise' surpasses that of people you dont know.

__________________
"High moral character is not a precondition for great moral accomplishments."
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Kanda444 For This Useful Post:
Zambini
  #56  
Old 06-24-2014, 07:37 AM
Desensitisation's Avatar
Desensitisation
Offline:
My Rank: SERGEANT MAJOR
Poster Rank:211
Join Date: Mar 2010
 
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 530 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss4574
Re: Quebec Woman Sentenced to Jail After Helping a Family of Ducks Cross a High

There were multiple stupidities in this case. The driver, for doing something illegal on the highway, and the biker, for not paying attention and riding with due care. If it had been a tree lying across the road, he would still be dead. His death cannot be 100% attributed and put on the driver.

Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Desensitisation For This Useful Post:
Megamel29
The Following 2 Users Said Fuck Off to Desensitisation For This Post:
Illusion, rapeWhistle
  #57  
Old 06-24-2014, 08:00 AM
rapeWhistle's Avatar
rapeWhistle
Online
Walking Dead
Poster Rank:18
Eunuch
Join Date: Sep 2010
Contributions: 55
 
Mentioned: 496 Post(s)
Quoted: 22044 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 13/20
Today Posts
11/11 ssss41610
Re: Quebec Woman Sentenced to Jail After Helping a Family of Ducks Cross a High

Metal Mike is victim blaming.

That's like shooting an innocent bystander, then trying to blame them,
by saying they were loitering or some shit,

"Well, he shouldn't have been standing there, he woulda never gotten shot if he wasn't standing there. He was PROBABLY loitering!
I was just minding my own business shooting my window and that
asshole was standing there on the sidewalk, why was he on the sidewalk?! If he wasn't there i never would've shot him!"


__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by joak View Post
but they get all fucking fat and useless.
i'm not sure i'd have the patience to deal with an aging pig.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to rapeWhistle For This Useful Post:
Illusion
  #58  
Old 06-24-2014, 08:57 AM
Megamel29's Avatar
Megamel29
Offline:
My Rank: FIRST SERGEANT
Poster Rank:294
Female
Join Date: Dec 2009
Contributions: 6
 
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 691 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2913
Re: Quebec Woman Sentenced to Jail After Helping a Family of Ducks Cross a High

Quote:
Originally Posted by rapeWhistle View Post
Metal Mike is victim blaming.

That's like shooting an innocent bystander, then trying to blame them,
by saying they were loitering or some shit,

"Well, he shouldn't have been standing there, he woulda never gotten shot if he wasn't standing there. He was PROBABLY loitering!
I was just minding my own business shooting my window and that
asshole was standing there on the sidewalk, why was he on the sidewalk?! If he wasn't there i never would've shot him!"

That's not a fair comparison. When driving, you should be aware of what is in front of you and leave space for you to stop. Accidents happen but I think the guy on the motorcycle should have been able to stop before he hit the car. The wife had enough time to see the car was stopped, the door was open.

Reply With Quote
  #59  
Old 06-24-2014, 05:50 PM
Zambini's Avatar
Zambini
Offline:
Instigator Extraordinaire
Poster Rank:41
Pull on it
Join Date: Jun 2011
Contributions: 3
 
Mentioned: 134 Post(s)
Quoted: 10636 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
16/20 12/20
Today Posts
3/11 ssss21870
Re: Quebec Woman Sentenced to Jail After Helping a Family of Ducks Cross a High

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desensitisation View Post
There were multiple stupidities in this case. The driver, for doing something illegal on the highway, and the biker, for not paying attention and riding with due care. If it had been a tree lying across the road, he would still be dead. His death cannot be 100% attributed and put on the driver.
The tree would be considered an accident, parking in the fast lane is no accident

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve 1 View Post
No, I lead I don't follow. So far I've lead to prision 3 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve 1 View Post
You wailed to the mods,fuck off Ian. I'm upset you got rid of the child molester.
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Zambini For This Useful Post:
Illusion, Kanda444
  #60  
Old 06-24-2014, 06:40 PM
Kanda444's Avatar
Kanda444
Offline:
You holdin....?
Poster Rank:10
Join Date: May 2010
Contributions: 23
 
Mentioned: 237 Post(s)
Quoted: 22233 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
12/20 14/20
Today Posts
11/11 ssss52737
Re: Quebec Woman Sentenced to Jail After Helping a Family of Ducks Cross a High

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megamel29 View Post
That's not a fair comparison. When driving, you should be aware of what is in front of you and leave space for you to stop. Accidents happen but I think the guy on the motorcycle should have been able to stop before he hit the car. The wife had enough time to see the car was stopped, the door was open.
that's an assumption based on the driving skills of another person. you have no way of knowing the full situation or how the man was driving.

if he did had time to stop and was at fault, the courts certainly didnt agree....

__________________
"High moral character is not a precondition for great moral accomplishments."
Reply With Quote

Powered by vBulletin Copyright 2000-2010 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO