Quoted: 930 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
2/20 16/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss5764
Re: "Multiple People Killed" at Shooting in Ft. Lauderdale Hollywood Internatio

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVrist View Post
It depends on the news source, when it comes to identifying the suspects.
LMAO
Funny, but fucking true!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to gatagato For This Useful Post:
missentropic, Oswald2001, TheVrist
Old 01-07-2017, 05:26 PM
FunkPumpkin
Offline:
♚ More $$$ Than Brains ♚
Poster Rank:285
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Contributions: 9

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 691 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
2/20 11/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss3350

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izzy Insane View Post
This is getting too close to home. I live just 10 minuets away.
Be thankful it isn't 10 waltzes away.

I've committed to travel to France this upcoming July. If my kids weren't going, I'd say fuck that shit. They can't see why I'm concerned. Fucking oblivious teenagers... I'll only go to try and protect them and, if they're going to die, I'll die with them. My life ain't much without them.

BryanXavier, EmergencyMittens, teacherof2
Old 01-08-2017, 02:50 AM
kellyhound
Offline:
✝Mudderator from Hell✝
Poster Rank:9
Contributions: 571

Mentioned: 169 Post(s)
Quoted: 3253 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
19/20 20/20
Today Posts
5/11 ssss59114

Quote:
The suspected shooter in Friday's deadly rampage at a Fort Lauderdale airport was charged on Saturday with federal counts that could carry the death penalty.

Esteban Santiago, 26, was charged with performing an act of violence against a person at an airport serving international civil aviation and two other counts, the U.S. Attorney's Office for the Southern District of Florida said. Five people were killed in the shooting rampage at the baggage claim of Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport at around 12:55 p.m.

Court documents say Santiago told the FBI after the shooting that he planned the attack, buying a one-way ticket from Anchorage and checked a box with a Walther 9 mm handgun and the two ammunition magazines he used in the shooting.

Santiago had been treated for mental health issues in Anchorage, where he lived, officials said. His aunt told NBC News that the former National Guardsman was "not OK" after returning from a 10-month deployment in Iraq.

In November Santiago walked into the FBI office there and complained his mind was being controlled by a U.S. intelligence agency, the FBI said Saturday. He was taken for a mental health evaluation and his gun was taken from him for safe keeping. The gun was returned in December.

The FBI in Alaska said there was no reason to place him on a no-fly list. A federal prosecutor there told reporters there it appeared there was no reason under the law to deny him his gun, and federal law requires a person be "adjudicated mentally ill" for the gun to be held by police.

Federal guidelines allow for passengers to check unloaded guns in a locked case, and also allows for ammunition to be placed in checked baggage.

"During our initial investigation we found no ties to terrorism," FBI Special Agent in Charge of the Anchorage office Marlin Ritzman told reporters. "He broke no laws when he came into our office making disjointed comments about mind control."

Investigators say Santiago fired ten to fifteen rounds of ammunition from his handgun, shooting all the rounds in one magazine, then reloading and emptying the second.

Santiago aimed at his victims' heads during the rampage until he ran out of bullets, the U.S. Attorney's Office said. Six people were wounded. Santiago dropped his handgun and got on the ground to wait for police, witnesses said.

The charges against Santiago also carry the possibility of life in prison, the U.S. Attorney's Office said. He is expected to appear in a Fort Lauderdale federal court Monday morning.
Again: In November Santiago walked into the FBI office there and complained his mind was being controlled by a U.S. intelligence agency.

He was taken for a mental health evaluation and his gun was taken from him for safe keeping. The gun was returned in December.

The FBI in Alaska said there was no reason to place him on a no-fly list. A federal prosecutor there told reporters there it appeared there was no reason under the law to deny him his gun, and federal law requires a person be "adjudicated mentally ill" for the gun to be held by police.

Federal guidelines allow for passengers to check unloaded guns in a locked case, and also allows for ammunition to be placed in checked baggage.

So to be clear, any nutcase is allowed to carry a gun and board planes even after he reported hearing voices in his head. oh ffs.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to kellyhound For This Useful Post:
Azimuth, BryanXavier, Deepwater Horizon, FunkPumpkin, gatagato, Jordana, lesslis2015, Oswald2001
Old 01-08-2017, 12:54 PM
ocrage
Offline:
My Rank: LANCE CORPORAL
Poster Rank:1493

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 87 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss272

how does TMZ have a video released of him pulling the gun and shooting and there isnt one on this site yet?

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ocrage For This Useful Post:
AussieAngel, Katwoman, MaxRobespierre, Oswald2001, Sibella
Old 01-08-2017, 03:03 PM
Oswald2001
Offline:
★ Legacy Member ★
Poster Rank:84

Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Quoted: 3473 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
9/20 16/20
Today Posts
1/11 ssss13311

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocrage View Post
how does TMZ have a video released of him pulling the gun and shooting and there isnt one on this site yet?
Because YOU haven't posted it yet.

The Following User Says Thank You to Oswald2001 For This Useful Post:
FunkPumpkin
Old 01-08-2017, 07:35 PM
Lalalisa
Offline:
My Rank: PRIVATE
Poster Rank:20591

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 9/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssssss2

Here's the video from TMZ

http://www.tmz.com/2017/01/08/ft-lau...t-shots-video/

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Lalalisa For This Useful Post:
Azimuth, Jordana, kellyhound, Oswald2001, reaper69316
Old 01-08-2017, 11:53 PM
BryanXavier
Fiscally Irresponsible
Poster Rank:74
Male
Contributions: 1

Mentioned: 44 Post(s)
Quoted: 6336 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
3/20 15/20
Today Posts
11/11 ssss15316

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocrage View Post
TMZ is being questioned as to how they got it so fast.

Money is the answer.

Jordana, kellyhound, missentropic, Oswald2001
Old 01-09-2017, 01:27 AM
Jordana
Offline:
★ Legacy Member ★
Poster Rank:466
Female

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Quoted: 1282 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
9/20 5/20
Today Posts
5/11 sssss1629

Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanXavier View Post
TMZ is being questioned as to how they got it so fast.

Money is the answer.

Harvey Levin is one of my sexy actor/actress picks.

Old 01-09-2017, 08:05 PM
my2008p71
Offline:
My Rank: LANCE CORPORAL
Poster Rank:2689

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 16/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss108

The FBI said in an email that it was aware of the video but would not comment on its authenticity. TMZ does not say where it obtained the video, although it appears to be from a surveillance camera.

Old 01-09-2017, 09:43 PM
Sibella
Offline:
My Rank: SERGEANT
Poster Rank:937
Female

Quoted: 56 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 11/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss549

The more I read about this story, the more it fucking reeks of being a hoax. I believe in my fair share of conspiracies but this is so weird..

First, how did that Senator release the suspects name soooo fast? The "mix up" of saying he was on air Canada, then it's Alaska air or whatever! Why didn't he just stay in Minnesota and shoot people there? Why go to Florida? Oh...maybe it has to do with the Senate Bill 140. That is being voted on tomorrow, January 10th. It said to be the most important second amendment bill this year and even mentions the right to carry "inside a passenger terminal".

How the fuck does TMZ have a video of this?

It shows him running off when reports were of him just standing there like ..Why not shoot the man and 2 kids in front of him? Instead of aims for the old people.

Using mental problems and then saying he was blaming Isis and every other excuse. The thing is
.when it's a hoax, they release a crazy amount of information in the beginning and most if it is wrong. !

I don't know but this whole thing is real fishy. It will be interesting to see what happens with SB 140 tomorrow.