Quoted: 952 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
3/20 9/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2317
Re: Glen Allen woman mauled to death while out for a walk

Quote:
Originally Posted by SgtOctopusi View Post

The dogs ate both her arms up to her shoulders as well as the entirety of her face down to the skull with only a few bits of flesh. The dogs had already gone to the bathroom before the police arrive and found fibers of her clothing in their feces. Crazy shit!
Wow, so they were out there for a day at least. If they were able to digest and shit her out.(or is it 12hrs?)

That’s about how quick my dogs process their raw food.

This story is probably going to put a few people off of ever having a dog.

I wonder, do they put down all animals that eat their dead owners when locked in a house? I find it sad, since it was a life or death situation for them.

Unlike what happened with these dogs, in this story.

Old 12-19-2017, 05:53 PM
Illusion
Offline:
★ Helpful Gardener ★
Poster Rank:28
Contributions: 24

Mentioned: 257 Post(s)
Quoted: 13541 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
13/20 15/20
Today Posts
4/11 ssss30639

UPDATE 12/18/17:

Goochland County Sheriff James Agnew gave a follow up press conference today after a 22-year old woman was mauled to death by her two pit bulls late last week. The news conference was largely in response to the high volume of misinformation that was being disseminated by pit bull advocates on social media after the grisly attack. These deceptions were then bolstered by irresponsible media outlets who spread the rumor-mongering even further.

After securing permission from Bethany Stephens' family, Sheriff Agnew provided more details about her gruesome mauling death, including the observation that the dogs were "eating the ribcage on the body." Bethany's two pit bulls, both male and neutered, were euthanized on Saturday, December 16 at 11:30 am. The dogs' bodies have been preserved as evidence and investigators are following up with veterinarians and laboratories for potential forensic analysis.

Goochland County Sheriff James Agnew
Let me cut right to the chase. The most important detail that we did not release because we were worried about the well being of the family, is that in the course of our trying to capture those dogs, early Friday morning, while we were talking about strategies to catch the dogs, we turned and looked, the dogs had gone back over to the body. I observed, as well as four other deputy sheriffs observed, the dogs eating the ribcage on the body.
We were able to shoo them away. At that time, we had to decide whether or not we were going to take care of the dogs then and there by shooting them or whether we would continue to try to capture them. About that same time, a friend of Bethany's came and said he could capture the dogs, and after about 10 minutes he was able to do that, but it was not an easy task.
As you might suspect it was very dark. We could not tell the state of the dogs at that point. But we were able to get them confined and away from the public. It was only then that we were able to see the body and start collecting evidence. As I had said earlier, this was an absolutely gruesome scene. Mrs. Stephens was terribly, terribly injured, but it was very apparent to us that she had been dead for quite some time. - Goochland County Sheriff James Agnew
When asked about the severity of her injuries, Agnew responded: "Her injuries were very severe. Let me see if I can put this in the proper way. When we witnessed the autopsy, the medical examiner made clear that there were wounds to her hands that were not obvious to us that night because her other wounds were so severe. She had incredibly traumatic wounds to her arms, both of them, to her chest area and to her face. They were extremely gruesome," Sheriff Agnew said.

Despite the medical examiner already ruling out homicide, one of the reporters asked if Bethany could have been murdered and if her dogs were only protecting her body? "We certainly do not think so," he said. "We had a number of witnesses who came forward. We were able to put a time frame together and put peoples movements together and they do not fit with that particular narrative," he said. We will add that "narrative" is a kind word; "conspiracy theory" is more suitable.
"From what we found on the scene, from the evidence that we observed, the evidence that we collected, that narrative does not fit." - Sheriff Agnew
When asked by a reporter, "And there was in fact blood on those dogs?" Sheriff Agnew replied that one of the dogs had a significant amount of blood on it. "On at least one of the dogs there was blood in a significant amount around the collar and neck. I can't speak to the other dog, I'm sure it did too because both dogs were around the body," Agnew said. In response to whether she was attacked by a bear Agnew replied there was no evidence of any larger animals at the scene.

"There was no evidence of any larger animals," he said. "The medical examiner, in his preliminary talk with our deputies, made it pretty clear that it was not a large animal because the bite wounds on her head did not penetrate her skull; they just left marks. His recitation of that is that if it where a large animal, they would have at least punctured part way into the skull. There were also scratch marks that were consistent with a smaller animal than something like a bear," Agnew said.
"The bite marks were conducive to a canine. They were not conducive to a bear or a larger animal." - Investigator Shawn Whitlock
Investigator Shawn Whitlock spoke to dispel another conspiracy theory, which claimed she was dead before her dogs started eating her. "No, that is not correct based on the injuries. Some of them were before she was dead, while her heart was still beating based on the bruising. When it is post, there's a yellow discoloration on the body," he said. "She does have bruises and she does have the yellowing of the skin after death. There is pre and there is post," Whitlock explained.

After a reporter asked, "So all of those injuries are consistent with bite marks, not a beating?" Whitlock replied, "You are correct. They did a CAT scan x-ray of her body before they even did the autopsy. There was nothing that said domestic violence, nothing that said she was stabbed or shot. No bones broken. No injuries to the throat area," he said. "No petechial bleeding inside the esophagus, which would have been conducive with choking her out. None of that," he said.

Misinformation Hurting Investigation

Sheriff Agnew also responded to the misinformation and rumor-mongering that is harming the investigation. "It's been difficult," he said. "There's been such a high volume of misinformation going about on social media that it has complicated our investigation. It's complicated everything we have tried to do in this case. It's been difficult and I am afraid that even after releasing these additional facts as we have tonight, it's not going to nullify some of these people," Agnew said.

Agnew also addressed the pit bull issue. After a reporter asked, "What do you think happened?" He said: "I have no idea. I can tell you that since this happened; I've spent a significant amount of time researching attacks by dogs of this sort. While it is not an every day occurrence, it's not rare, and it happens with some frequency in this country. I don't want to disparage any particular breed, but if you do the research, you'll find that many of those are perpetrated by pit bulls," he said.

Police Often Struggle After Maulings

Sgt. Michael Blackwood spoke to the difficulty of conducting an investigation of a horrific pit bull mauling and how police departments from across the country have reached out to them. "Some of the police departments around the country have contacted us and have basically been somewhat empathetic because they have experienced the same kind of traumatic injuries and death from some of these animals who have been adopted and had been brought into the home," he said.
In June, a Virginia Beach woman was brutally killed by a pit bull her daughter had acquired from a rescue group hours earlier that day.
Blackwood also talked about the dogs. Bethany had recently been keeping the dogs at her father's home in outdoor kennels; the pit bulls had previously lived indoors. The dogs "were a little bit neglected towards the end of this," he said. "I'm just trying to create a little background of what might have occurred when they became a little bit distant from their owner towards the end." Yet, 99% of all other dog breeds would not respond to this by ripping out their owner's throat.

As the press conference came to a close, a journalist asked Sheriff Agnew, "Why did you feel it was necessary that we as journalists see with our own eyes some of the horrible things that you saw that night?" Agnew replied, "The primary reason is to give to credible news organizations facts that can be looked at and viewed in the proper way. There has been such misinformation, especially on social media. All based on information that is absolutely untrue," Agnew said.

http://blog.dogsbite.org/?m=1

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Illusion For This Useful Post:
Azimuth, Bletch, CrunchyCripple, Jordana, Wren
Old 12-19-2017, 07:10 PM
sil3nce
Offline:
My Rank: SERGEANT MAJOR
Poster Rank:225

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 3034 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
20/20 2/20
Today Posts
11/11 sssss4426

Are there pics online?

Old 12-19-2017, 07:40 PM
CrunchyCripple
Offline:
My Rank: FIRST SERGEANT
Poster Rank:365
Female

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 952 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
3/20 9/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2317

Quote:
Originally Posted by sil3nce View Post
Are there pics online?
Probably not. Americans are much more strict about crime scene photos than other places in the world.

Maybe, though - you never know.

Old 12-19-2017, 08:42 PM
copkiller1997
My Rank: LANCE CORPORAL
Poster Rank:2169

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 10/20
Today Posts
1/11 ssssss146

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrunchyCripple View Post
Probably not. Americans are much more strict about crime scene photos than other places in the world.

Maybe, though - you never know.
Came looking for pictures too, was disappointed. Although not surprised as you mentioned they are strict about crime scene photos such as the most of the modern world countries such as the US and European countries. I live in Denmark btw

Old 12-19-2017, 09:56 PM
Shakey
Offline:
★ Legacy Member ★
Poster Rank:13
MAN

Mentioned: 626 Post(s)
Quoted: 30449 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
16/20 15/20
Today Posts
4/11 ssss51678

I would have eaten her too.

The Following 2 Users Said Fuck Off to Shakey For This Post:
Illusion, Kerryro
Old 12-20-2017, 04:46 AM
Bletch
Offline:
The resonator works!
Poster Rank:111
Male

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 2447 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
18/20 15/20
Today Posts
11/11 ssss10122

Quote:
Originally Posted by sil3nce View Post
Are there pics online?
There won’t be any.

Old 12-20-2017, 04:48 AM
Bletch
Offline:
The resonator works!
Poster Rank:111
Male

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 2447 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
18/20 15/20
Today Posts
11/11 ssss10122

Sad that the dogs she loved so much decided to kill and eat her in return. Pits are aggressive. That’s a fact.

Illusion, Oswald2001
Old 12-20-2017, 08:48 AM
My Rank: FIRST SERGEANT
Poster Rank:336
MAN

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quoted: 1303 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2509

It's ok... Pitbulls don't kill people... Just like semi-automatic rifles the south will rise again

The Following User Says Thank You to shoelessjojackson For This Useful Post:
Broadjumper
The Following Users Say Fuck Off To This Post By shoelessjojackson:
kkw1811
Old 12-21-2017, 01:18 PM
HigherSpektrum
Offline:
My Rank: PRIVATE FIRST CLASS
Poster Rank:3741

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 2/20
Today Posts
1/11 sssssss61

I wonder if it’s true that she trained the dogs for fighting. Could have backfired on her. Still find it odd the dad didn’t report her missing earlier after not coming back from her walk.