Go Back  

Couple Charged With Murder After Supplying Fentanyl As Fake Oxycodone 

Current Rating:

Join NowJoin Now
 
  #11  
Old 04-08-2017, 06:19 PM
-NocturnalPulse-'s Avatar
-NocturnalPulse-
Offline:
My Rank: MASTER SERGEANT
Poster Rank:406
NIGHTBRINGER
Join Date: Sep 2012
 
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 222 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
3/20 10/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss1985
Re: Couple Charged With Murder After Supplying Fentanyl As Fake Oxycodone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cancun78 View Post
Saw in the news A morgue in Ohio had to rent a van or something to store bodies because of the number of fatal ods.

I wondered the other day, if this will be the last generation to get hooked on these drugs because of all this attention on this subject.
I live there and in a span of a week something like 26 people died from that shit.

Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 04-09-2017, 08:20 PM
LittleMouse's Avatar
LittleMouse
Offline:
My Rank: PRIVATE FIRST CLASS
Poster Rank:3237
female
Join Date: May 2016
 
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 4/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssssss79
Re: Couple Charged With Murder After Supplying Fentanyl As Fake Oxycodone

I live in a small city in Canada and there have been a lot of people OD'ing on fentanyl, carfentanyl, and methadone. Because of the abuse of OxyContin and morphine, its much harder to get a prescription. And one problem turns into another. But, people weren't overdosing left and right before, so....

Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 04-10-2017, 05:27 AM
jacd
Offline:
My Rank: PRIVATE
Poster Rank:6192
Female
Join Date: May 2014
 
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 8/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssssss26
Re: Couple Charged With Murder After Supplying Fentanyl As Fake Oxycodone

Fentanyl is nothing to fuck with. I've been on it legally for 14 years now(spinal damage resulting in chronic pain). I had to switch pharmacies twice because they switched from the sticker patches to the gel filled 'pillow' patches. The gel filled patches are easy as hell to abuse and to accidently overdose on. The sticker patch which I use is much safer and harder to abuse. With all of the overdoses you'd think the FDA would ban the gel patches.
Carfentanil is supposed to only be for large animals(elephants, rhinos, etc) so why ANYONE would even attempt to use it is beyond me. Russia put it in an aerosol spray and used it to end a large hostage situation which caused the deaths of 125 of the hostages they were supposed to rescue. Thankfully the numbers of carfentanil ODs are declining now that China banned it's export. But where there's a will there's a way so I'm sure it will never go completely away. BTW.... How the hell is this a schedule 2 drug and marijuana is a schedule 1???

Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to jacd For This Useful Post:
Oswald2001
  #14  
Old 04-18-2017, 03:35 AM
RealityUnfolding's Avatar
RealityUnfolding
Offline:
★ Legacy Member ★
Poster Rank:996
Female
Join Date: Jan 2013
Contributions: 14
 
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 115 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 10/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss500
Re: Couple Charged With Murder After Supplying Fentanyl As Fake Oxycodone

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacd View Post
Fentanyl is nothing to fuck with. I've been on it legally for 14 years now(spinal damage resulting in chronic pain). I had to switch pharmacies twice because they switched from the sticker patches to the gel filled 'pillow' patches. The gel filled patches are easy as hell to abuse and to accidently overdose on. The sticker patch which I use is much safer and harder to abuse. With all of the overdoses you'd think the FDA would ban the gel patches.
I thought I was the only one pissed off at those stupid gel patches. Multiple back surgeries and ankle reconstruction myself. I have to jump through the most ridiculous hoops and cannot partake in ANY other prescribing of any Schedule 1 drugs away from my pain management doctor, who is also a pill pusher - hence the repeated back surgeries and no PT requirements.

I'm on Norco and Fentanyl 50mcg/hr, and those stupid, fucking, POS gel patches are the bane of my existence. The first time I was on them, I had to use med tape to keep them on, a few broke open and since I also use Ambien for chronic insomnia, that's a high risk for me. Not to mention, the lock and key I went through because of having kids in the house potentially getting to them - I'd wrap them, crack them up to dry out and take them straight to the garbage every change.

This time, a few months ago when I had to go back on it, I got the patches you refer to. I never even notice them on. They handle pain so consistently, I'm down two pills (out of four Norco) a day, and I've been able to move more and dropping ten lbs.

But I'd like to go med marijuana, but guess who loses ALL pain management if I use that for at home (since I do feel it), and mix it with opiates, which for me work like amphetamines and wake me up and thus safe for me to use during the day with responsibilities.

Sorry, got on a rant there. lol

The TL;DR point: I concur. And as a chronic pain management, I can also see why someone would seek an illicit route when I have to sign a legal document for filing when I go to any other doctor who has pain management fulfillment, to "prove" I'm not doc shopping, same if my pharmacy is out of my meds.

Sometimes, a box like Amazon gets to seeming awfully simpler.

__________________
My 1st major thread - Impotent Rage asks: Who's going to play Dzhokhar Tsarnaev?
Quote:
Originally Posted by RealityUnfolding View Post
Bieber. And make it a snuff film.
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RealityUnfolding For This Useful Post:
jacd, Tinah
  #15  
Old 04-18-2017, 07:38 AM
PTSD Is My Life
Offline:
Your Mothers Nightmare...
Poster Rank:315
Male
Join Date: Oct 2012
 
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 1006 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 10/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2809
Re: Couple Charged With Murder After Supplying Fentanyl As Fake Oxycodone

I was on massive doses of Fentanyl for 8 years....caused Seratonin Poisoning and could have killed me at any point....oh yeah, I spent those years semi conscious in a pain filled coma like state in my bed.
Fentanyl and any pshyc meds are a bad bad mix....

With oxy getting harder to get hold of, Fentanyl will be used more, and many more will die I'm sure.
Fentanyl is a dangerous drug that makes you really sick when off it. I went through 8 months of hell getting myself off the damned stuff, shit that was a rough time but I'm off it....I'm still on Oral Morphine for both pain and the remnants of addiction and according to my prescription I can drink as much as I want or need!

I've recently been put on Baclofen. Shit that stuff can knock you bandy!! It's a muscle relaxant often used as a premed for operations etc and just wipes you out.
When used along side my Cannabis the resulting muscle relaxation or release around my spine is certainly enhanced.
The pharmacist told me not to remove them from the bag in the hospital as they are exceedingly attractive items to some of the more desperate in society....personally I think she was a fellow DR freak and was referring to the likes of shakey, Bob and smackem!

__________________
...I'll go with you, then,
Since you must play this game of ghosts...

Siegfried Sassoon



Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to PTSD Is My Life For This Useful Post:
Oswald2001
  #16  
Old 04-18-2017, 10:28 AM
Oswald2001
Offline:
★ Legacy Member ★
Poster Rank:87
Join Date: May 2009
 
Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Quoted: 3351 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
9/20 16/20
Today Posts
1/11 ssss12810
Re: Couple Charged With Murder After Supplying Fentanyl As Fake Oxycodone

I haven't heard anything about it...yet, but it seems that North Korea would be a logical location for the illicit manufacture of Fentanyl and Carfentanil.


To compliment their internationally renowned methamphetamine production, of course.

Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Oswald2001 For This Useful Post:
PTSD Is My Life, Tinah
  #17  
Old 04-24-2017, 11:42 AM
-NocturnalPulse-'s Avatar
-NocturnalPulse-
Offline:
My Rank: MASTER SERGEANT
Poster Rank:406
NIGHTBRINGER
Join Date: Sep 2012
 
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 222 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
3/20 10/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss1985
Re: Couple Charged With Murder After Supplying Fentanyl As Fake Oxycodone

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealityUnfolding View Post
I thought I was the only one pissed off at those stupid gel patches. Multiple back surgeries and ankle reconstruction myself. I have to jump through the most ridiculous hoops and cannot partake in ANY other prescribing of any Schedule 1 drugs away from my pain management doctor, who is also a pill pusher - hence the repeated back surgeries and no PT requirements.

I'm on Norco and Fentanyl 50mcg/hr, and those stupid, fucking, POS gel patches are the bane of my existence. The first time I was on them, I had to use med tape to keep them on, a few broke open and since I also use Ambien for chronic insomnia, that's a high risk for me. Not to mention, the lock and key I went through because of having kids in the house potentially getting to them - I'd wrap them, crack them up to dry out and take them straight to the garbage every change.

This time, a few months ago when I had to go back on it, I got the patches you refer to. I never even notice them on. They handle pain so consistently, I'm down two pills (out of four Norco) a day, and I've been able to move more and dropping ten lbs.

But I'd like to go med marijuana, but guess who loses ALL pain management if I use that for at home (since I do feel it), and mix it with opiates, which for me work like amphetamines and wake me up and thus safe for me to use during the day with responsibilities.

Sorry, got on a rant there. lol

The TL;DR point: I concur. And as a chronic pain management, I can also see why someone would seek an illicit route when I have to sign a legal document for filing when I go to any other doctor who has pain management fulfillment, to "prove" I'm not doc shopping, same if my pharmacy is out of my meds.

Sometimes, a box like Amazon gets to seeming awfully simpler.

I don't know if they still prescribe these but weren't there also "sucker" fyntenal things? You rubbed them on your gums or something. Was like a plastic q tip Thing. I know they fuck you up pretty bad

Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to -NocturnalPulse- For This Useful Post:
jacd
  #18  
Old 05-11-2017, 12:33 PM
RealityUnfolding's Avatar
RealityUnfolding
Offline:
★ Legacy Member ★
Poster Rank:996
Female
Join Date: Jan 2013
Contributions: 14
 
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 115 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 10/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss500
Re: Couple Charged With Murder After Supplying Fentanyl As Fake Oxycodone

Quote:
Originally Posted by -NocturnalPulse- View Post
I don't know if they still prescribe these but weren't there also "sucker" fyntenal things? You rubbed them on your gums or something. Was like a plastic q tip Thing. I know they fuck you up pretty bad
I've never heard of them myself as a prescribed med. I know some would use the gel patches like that, break them open, swab the gel and do an orifice swipe for illicit use. That just oogs me out man. That stuff does NOT look appetizing and I bet it tastes like ass from the mix of petroleum, barrier oils and the med itself.

People did all sorts of weird crap with that gel - up their nose, in their vaj, anus, mouth, mix it in food. Some even shot up the gel and all - because that's what you really want in your bloodstream, a med you can't measure (because what you take out of the gel is mixed, you don't know what part of the mix you are getting), oil byproduct and filler to cross the film barrier.

Probably why they came up with the non-gel patches. Trying to eat this plastic would have to back up a mofo. The only extra step I have to do with those, is swab the area I'm applying with alcohol to clear skin oils to make sure I get all the edges down for 3 days (I'm a bit OCD, I don't like even the smallest bit of corner coming up). I'm sure someone's come up with a way to abuse them, but I can't think of how. Perhaps scraping it somehow? But that film on it is pretty dang stuck to the plastic.

__________________
My 1st major thread - Impotent Rage asks: Who's going to play Dzhokhar Tsarnaev?
Quote:
Originally Posted by RealityUnfolding View Post
Bieber. And make it a snuff film.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to RealityUnfolding For This Useful Post:
CoolHandLuke
  #19  
Old 05-14-2017, 06:42 AM
CoolHandLuke's Avatar
CoolHandLuke
Offline:
My Rank: PRIVATE
Poster Rank:12710
Male.
Join Date: May 2017
 
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 3/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssssss6
Re: Couple Charged With Murder After Supplying Fentanyl As Fake Oxycodone

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealityUnfolding View Post
I've never heard of them myself as a prescribed med. I know some would use the gel patches like that, break them open, swab the gel and do an orifice swipe for illicit use. That just oogs me out man. That stuff does NOT look appetizing and I bet it tastes like ass from the mix of petroleum, barrier oils and the med itself.

People did all sorts of weird crap with that gel - up their nose, in their vaj, anus, mouth, mix it in food. Some even shot up the gel and all - because that's what you really want in your bloodstream, a med you can't measure (because what you take out of the gel is mixed, you don't know what part of the mix you are getting), oil byproduct and filler to cross the film barrier.

Probably why they came up with the non-gel patches. Trying to eat this plastic would have to back up a mofo. The only extra step I have to do with those, is swab the area I'm applying with alcohol to clear skin oils to make sure I get all the edges down for 3 days (I'm a bit OCD, I don't like even the smallest bit of corner coming up). I'm sure someone's come up with a way to abuse them, but I can't think of how. Perhaps scraping it somehow? But that film on it is pretty dang stuck to the plastic.
I had read somewhere that a nurse (who was addicted to Fentanyl) was able to extract the medication from the patch somehow in a nursing home of all places.

Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 05-14-2017, 08:06 AM
shoelessjojackson's Avatar
My Rank: FIRST SERGEANT
Poster Rank:344
MAN
Join Date: Jul 2010
 
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quoted: 1303 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2479
Re: Couple Charged With Murder After Supplying Fentanyl As Fake Oxycodone

Live by the pill, die by the pill, pill-poppin' animal

Reply With Quote

Powered by vBulletin Copyright 2000-2010 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO