Contributions: 17

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 1197 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
20/20 14/20
Today Posts
10/11 sssss3073
6 Shot During Funeral Service at Pittsburgh Church

6 people wounded, one in critical condition was taken to a children's hospital but police have not released age information about any of the victims.

Quote:
The Rev. Nicita Moses was speaking from the pulpit in her church during a funeral service in Brighton Heights on Friday afternoon when shots started to ring out.

“It was chaotic,” said Moses, standing near a car with the driver’s side window blown out from gunfire. “We heard these shots, and everyone started running.”

Panic ensued inside Destiny of Faith Church, cutting the funeral short. Someone jumped over the casket while running for cover.

“Why would someone come to a funeral and try to kill even more people?” Moses asked. “It’s upsetting.”

Six people were shot outside the church in the 3700 block of Brighton Road at 12:04 p.m. in possible retaliation for the Oct. 15 killing of a 20-year-old man, who was shot to death elsewhere in Pittsburgh’s North Side.

Five of the victims were taken to Allegheny General Hospital and reported in stable condition by mid-afternoon, police said. The sixth victim was taken to UPMC Children’s Hospital of Pittsburgh. Police declined to name or provide ages for the victims.

The funeral service was held in memory of J.H. Jr., a North Side resident who was killed during a triple shooting this month near what police have called an open-air drug market at Allegheny Commons. Two women, both described by police as innocent bystanders, were killed in that shooting.

Police have said H. was involved in the Oct. 15 shooting, which occurred when a Sunoco gas station parking lot argument erupted into gunplay near a Pittsburgh Regional Transit bus shelter.

On Friday, at least 20 rounds were fired near the church by multiple shooters, said police Cmdr. Richard Ford of major crimes. Ford told reporters he believes some of the shooting victims had attended the funeral.

There is an ongoing dispute in the city’s North Side, and police said they plan to increase their presence in areas of concern. Ford declined to connect the dispute to the funeral service shooting.

“We’re looking into what we think the motive was,” he said.

Three people were wounded in a North Side shooting late Thursday on the 100 block of Rhine Place in Spring Hill. Pittsburgh police said a total of 34 rounds were fired.

Hours earlier, a man was shot in the leg on the 2000 block of Maple Avenue in Perry South.

No arrests have been made Friday in connection with the church shooting. Though Ford said police had very good video of the incident, he declined to name any suspects.

Mayor Ed Gainey visited the shooting scene, which was buttressed by a heavy presence from Pittsburgh police, Allegheny County Police and the Sheriff’s Office, around 3 p.m. Friday. He lamented the violence that unfolded Friday and pleaded with the public to share information with police about the gunmen.

“I know a lot of people are hurting but to go out there and retaliate doesn’t make anything better,” Gainey told reporters assembled on Brighton Road. “We can only get through this together. Please don’t retaliate, communicate. Don’t go out there and take it upon yourself, because you never get justice that way.”

The Rev. Brenda Gregg was sitting in the church, about five minutes away from taking the pulpit to speak, when the gunfire broke out.

“This has been one of the most devastating days of my life,” Gregg told reporters. “I ask that you pray for our congregants. We are not going to close our doors. … You are our neighbors.”

Later, outside the church, Gregg told the Tribune-Review that she asked Pittsburgh police beforehand to send officers to attend the funeral service. It was unclear Friday if officers were present at the time of the shooting.

“That is just part of the protocol,” Gregg said. “We have followed that protocol.”

Ken Schutter was inside his apartment at 3727 Brighton Road, which sits directly next to the church, when the gunfire erupted.

“I thought it was fireworks,” Schutter told the Tribune-Review. “Then I looked out my window and saw people running through my backyard — that’s when I realized it was gunshots.”

A Rite-Aid pharmacy across the street from the church shuttered its doors at the time of the shooting.

“A crime scene’s a crime scene,” an employee told a man waiting outside for the shop to open.

The shootings occurred a day after city officials expressed concerns over Pittsburgh’s rising homicide rate.

Pittsburgh police said Thursday that its officers had investigated 59 homicides to date in 2022 — the highest rate in at least seven years and a 25% spike year over year.

Documenting Reality
pitt01a.jpg  

pitt01.jpg  

pitt02.jpg  

pitt03.jpg  

pitt04.jpg  

pitt05.jpg  

pitt06.jpg  

pitt07.jpg  

pitt08.jpg  

Test

Picture and Video Clip Stats.
File Type: mp4 pitt09.mp4(6.00 MB, 469 views)
File Type: mp4 pitt10.mp4(5.02 MB, 481 views)
houseoftechno, kellyhound, lostindisorder, SkinnyFella, tofuboy, Vixənn, William May
Old 10-29-2022, 03:11 AM
kellyhound
Offline:
✝Mudderator from Hell✝
Poster Rank:11
Contributions: 753

Mentioned: 380 Post(s)
Quoted: 6465 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
16/20 20/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss77612
Re: 6 Shot During Funeral Service at Pittsburgh Church

guy was in a real hurry to remove that face mask
lots of violations going on here. when will people learn.
Quote:
Make sure the mask fits to cover your nose, mouth and chin. If you adjust the mask to cover those areas, wash your hands before and after.
Quote:
Someone jumped over the casket while running for cover.

oh yeah, even a funeral isn't sacred anymore

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kellyhound For This Useful Post:
lostindisorder, WonderMomma
Old 10-29-2022, 01:35 PM
Mr.NoCredit
Offline:
★ Legacy Member ★
Poster Rank:587
Secret Mail

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 378 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
9/20 16/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss1405

Gangsta~

The Following User Says Thank You to Mr.NoCredit For This Useful Post:
WonderMomma
Old 10-30-2022, 12:19 AM
WonderMomma
Offline:
Recovering Misanthrope
Poster Rank:357
Fuck this shit, I'm a panda.
Contributions: 17

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 1197 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
20/20 14/20
Today Posts
10/11 sssss3073

I wasn't sure if the name rule applies to suspects but I abbreviated them just in case.

Update: 29 October 2022 | 10:11 AM ET

Quote:
Two teenagers charged in Brighton Heights funeral shooting

PITTSBURGH (KDKA) - We now know the names of two teenagers charged in the shooting outside of a funeral that sent six people to the hospital.

According to criminal complaints provided to KDKA, 19-year-old S.D. and 16-year-old H.N. are both facing several charges in relation to that shooting.

kellyhound, lostindisorder
Old 10-30-2022, 01:25 PM
kellyhound
Offline:
✝Mudderator from Hell✝
Poster Rank:11
Contributions: 753

Mentioned: 380 Post(s)
Quoted: 6465 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
16/20 20/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss77612

sd

Documenting Reality
shawndavismug.jpg  

The Following User Says Thank You to kellyhound For This Useful Post:
WonderMomma
Old 11-05-2022, 06:12 PM
My Rank: PRIVATE
Poster Rank:11293

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 8/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssssss10

I think this would be a wonderful opportunity to pause for a moment and give thanks for the great contributions all the Black men and women have contributed to our society. Their peaceful NON-VIOLENT nature, and articulate speaking skills make them ideal neighbors, lending testimony to their exceptional family values and parenting skills unrivaled by any other culture. Their child-rearing practices and skills mixed with their unparalleled work ethic are second to none. Their rational and logical thought toward circumstances coupled with their innate capability to de-escalate situations is to be envied and coveted. Their commitment to academic excellence enriches our schools and serves as an example to all who hope to achieve prominence as a people. Keep up the good work Black community, I'm sure this Black prodigy is very well on his way to becoming a prominent space engineer!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LongLiveTheKing86 For This Useful Post:
SecondCitySaint, shoelessjojackson
The Following 2 Users Said Fuck Off to LongLiveTheKing86 For This Post:
tofuboy, WonderMomma
Old 11-05-2022, 08:59 PM
houseoftechno
Offline:
Special Powers
Poster Rank:665
Male

Quoted: 202 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
15/20 2/20
Today Posts
4/11 sssss1147

Sunrise and sunset. So quaint.

Old 11-05-2022, 09:02 PM
houseoftechno
Offline:
Special Powers
Male

Activity Longevity
15/20 2/20
Today Posts
4/11 sssss1147

Well the look in their eyes was certainly telling of fear: A churchful of people, clearly unarmed, facing gunfire. Bet they won't attend a funeral unarmed any more.

Old 11-05-2022, 09:11 PM
houseoftechno
Offline:
Special Powers
Male

Activity Longevity
15/20 2/20
Today Posts
4/11 sssss1147

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellyhound View Post
guy was in a real hurry to remove that face mask
lots of violations going on here. when will people learn.

I had no idea people in the US are still wearing facemasks. Still bamboozled by that great Lie. To me that's more disturbing than the active shooter. Everybody knows why the shooter is there.

The Following 2 Users Said Fuck Off to houseoftechno For This Post:
lowbarx2, tofuboy
Old 11-06-2022, 11:05 AM
houseoftechno
Offline:
Special Powers
Male

Activity Longevity
15/20 2/20
Today Posts
4/11 sssss1147

Here is news summary of the Oct 15 North Side triple killing (of JJHJ and 2 others) that triggered the subject JJHJ funeral:
Quote:
Two innocent bystanders in the North Side shoot triple fatal
https://localtoday.news/pa/ "Pennsylvania News" Stefan Revenboer October 18, 2022
As the search for the suspect continues, the Pittsburgh Police Department on Monday released more details about the three people who were shot dead over the weekend in Pittsburgh’s North Side neighborhood. The shooting took place at the corner of Cedar Avenue and Pressley Street on Saturday night. The Allegheny County Medical Examiner has identified the victims as 20-year-old JJHJ, 33-year-old JM and 59-year-old BA. BA was shot at the scene. Less than an hour later, JM and JJHJ died in hospital. Pittsburgh’s Action News 4 is working to learn more about JJHJ after his identity was released Monday night. Sunday night, friends of BA met on the corner where she was killed to remember her. BA’s daughter, mother of 6 and grandmother of 11, described her as beautiful inside and out and with one of the brightest smiles. BA’s family set up GoFundMe to help meet funeral expenses and described her as “an amazing, loving and all round beautiful person”. “There’s no reason anyone should have these types of killers on the street,” said Pittsburgh Mayor Ed Gainey. During Monday’s press conference, Gainey, police and community leaders called for justice. My heart aches because I’m tired of seeing young geniuses and people who couldn’t live here now,” said Pittsburgh outreach coordinator Cornell Jones. “I know someone knows something. I couldn’t imagine coming home and not having a mother anymore, that my mother was lost to violence. I couldn’t imagine what it felt like, four kids with no mothers in a pointless shootout… we know someone knows something… together we can solve some of this,” Gainey said. The fourth injured person was shot in the leg and could not be identified.
2 victims of the Oct 15 North Side triple killing:

The Following User Says Thank You to houseoftechno For This Useful Post:
WonderMomma