Poster Rank:2966

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssssss81
Re: Honour Killing of 3 Daughters

HOPE THIS IS FAKE, YET I KNOW IT'S JUST MANKIND ON A DAILY CASHROLL THAT WILL NOT PAY OFF!!!

Old 11-01-2011, 04:40 AM
MisterE
Offline:
My Rank: CORPORAL
Poster Rank:1231

Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss318
Re: Honor Killing:Father Kills 3 Daughters/AK47(POV:cell Phone Cam)

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnleeknoefler View Post
Aw, but you are missing the whole point. There is no "Islam aside". Islam is the whole point of it.
Similar atrocities have been committed throughout history with religious justification by Christians as well. The Spanish Inquisition, the Crusades, Salem Witch Hunt, whatever, etc. I think the the intent was there to begin with and religion is then interpreted to that end. It's more a case of bending religion to meet the needs of self will instead of the other way around. Such acts speak more of the person than of his religion IMHO.

I realize this outlook is probably not a popular one here. The spiritual message of any religion will mean different things to different people and often will be interpreted as their present nature allows them. The fellow with the AK after a stint in the slammer is probably not in fit "spiritual condition" to begin with. Point out a passage that says something to the effect of "eliminate the unfaithful from your world" and he'll read it as licence to kill. Show the same passage to someone else, with a different life experience, and he might interpret it to mean "don't associate with people who aren't on the spiritual path". It is all in the eye of the beholder, not the message itself. That is why I said "Islam aside". It is the act of a sick, sick person, regardless of who is God may be.

Anyhow, I assume I'll probably get flamed now...

Carry on.

Old 11-01-2011, 06:58 AM
rrrr_reubs
Offline:
My Rank: LANCE CORPORAL
Poster Rank:2067

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss145

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnleeknoefler View Post
I already posted this.
after?

Old 11-01-2011, 10:05 AM
Cerebral222
Offline:
My Rank: GUNNERY SERGEANT
Poster Rank:520
Contributions: 6

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 123 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
2/20 12/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss1243

The saying,"Trust no-one!" comes into play here, they didn't suspect anything at all; a vile act by a weak minded, hellbound maniac.

Old 11-01-2011, 12:09 PM
gibbo1977
Offline:
Poster Rank:2328
male

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss123

prob fucked them after he'd shot em

Old 11-01-2011, 02:23 PM
carnage278
Offline:
Poster Rank:1898
male

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 12/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss170
Re: Honor Killing:Father Kills 3 Daughters/AK47(POV:cell Phone Cam)

[QUOTE=MisterE;2455861]It's more a case of bending religion to meet the needs of self will instead of the other way around. Such acts speak more of the person than of his religion IMHO.
/QUOTE]

i agree with you, hell im christian and don't force my ideas on anyone....

Old 11-01-2011, 03:53 PM
meeb
Offline:
So Fucking Banned
Poster Rank:203
پدر سگ ایرانی

Activity Longevity
0/20 11/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss4634

Anyone notice how Iranian media focused on delusions and psychological disorder, implying that this is a single, isolated case due to mental abnormality? That there's no elaboration on why exactly his daughters are social/economic failures in his eyes?

Old 11-01-2011, 04:06 PM
Armen
Offline:
My Rank: PRIVATE
Poster Rank:5357

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssssss30

Quote:
Originally Posted by :meeb: View Post
Here's my rough translation.

This guy Mahmoud had been charged with fraud before and is addicted to pills and distraught over the lifestyle of his daughters. He irrationally (because not much else is said about them) feels that his daughters have a poor future ahead of them and have made some embarassing decisions, making him feel ashamed. He waited until his wife went away to a friend's wedding and killed his three daughters. When his wife returned home, she saw their bodies and he admitted to killing them, while still in a state of nervous delirium. Investigators believe he was delusional and believed that his children's bad decisions come from their own tormented life, so he felt like by killing them he was freeing them. The family is also very poor and struggling financially. The second theory is that Mahmoud pre-meditated the attack in another delusional belief that he would be offering a sacrifice of his daughters (pardon me because my Farsi was the language spoken before 1979. The Islamic government has replaced many words in the language with Arabic and so the proper language, as opposed to the colloquial and conversational, is completely different).

As the father hunts down the camera-wielding daughter, she begs him saying "Baba, toro khoda!" which means "Father, please for the love of God!" They are provincial people, and thus have strange accents. Sorry I couldn't provide a better translation.

I bet you this happened in Kurdistan.
i bet your right about it being in Kurdistan cause he looks an awful lot like what most Kurds do, referring to his clothing...

i didnt know that the Islamic Republic changed the words from Farsi to Arabic, how sad

and the reference to the bottle is right, he was addicted to pills...hence drug bottle/pill bottle

i hope this guy gets skinned alive tho

The Following User Says Thank You to Armen For This Useful Post:
cardsharksam
Old 11-01-2011, 09:41 PM
cardsharksam
Offline:
My Rank: SERGEANT
Poster Rank:750
male

Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
2/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss716

Quote:
Originally Posted by CasTex View Post
What's the point of this post ? And whats your age ?
cause most muslim men are scummmmmmmmmmmm

The Following User Says Thank You to cardsharksam For This Useful Post:
ShowMeBlood
Old 11-01-2011, 10:08 PM
meeb
Offline:
So Fucking Banned
Poster Rank:203
پدر سگ ایرانی

Activity Longevity
0/20 11/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss4634

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armen View Post
i bet your right about it being in Kurdistan cause he looks an awful lot like what most Kurds do, referring to his clothing...

i didnt know that the Islamic Republic changed the words from Farsi to Arabic, how sad

and the reference to the bottle is right, he was addicted to pills...hence drug bottle/pill bottle

i hope this guy gets skinned alive tho
Arman to Farsi sohbat mikoni?

Yeah, the Islamic Republic has used more"Farsified" Arabic in the formal language in the past 30 years, similar to how before the revolution the Shah replaced many Farsi words with French ones to "acculturate" Iranians:

Sign: Tableau (French) Tablo (Farsi)
Elevator: Ascenseur (French) Asansor (Farsi)
Months-->
e.g.
Novambr (Farsi), Novembre (French)
Desambr (Farsi), Decembre (French)
Jhanviye (Farsi), Janvier (French)
Febrieh (Farsi), Fevrier (French)

(Though these are months of the Western calendar... now, Iran uses both the Persian calendar and the Islamic one).