Man

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 800 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
2/20 16/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss12117
Re: Battling My Acne

Not that bad... Soap and water on a washcloth helped me. It does a great job of drying out the skin

Old 08-22-2012, 11:24 PM
My Rank: CORPORAL
Poster Rank:1174
Shmale

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss387
What you eat dramatically impacts your complexion. Dairy (cheese, milk, ice cream, etc) will break you out if you're prone to acne.

I've been eating a lot of cheese and now I'm all oily and gross.

Also, with accutane there are a bunch of side effects. It was originally used to treat lung cancer patients I believe. Do your research before taking on another medication regime.

I highly recommend you alter your diet, though, as it'll be pretty inexpensive to cut some foods out or just eat them a lot less.

There's a girl on YouTube who's a beauty guru who used to battle really REALLY bad acne about a year ago. She gets a lot into the diet aspect of acne and different makeups to use. Sometimes I use the Neutrogena liquid foundation with salicylic acid to calm my breakouts.

Old 08-22-2012, 11:27 PM
GlassToTheArson
Offline:
Yaut'ja Elite
Poster Rank:434
Male
Contributions: 11

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 106 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 16/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss1852

Well if it makes you feel any better, what you have looks to me like a VERY mild case of acne :)

Old 08-22-2012, 11:50 PM
woodsetton
Offline:
Wide 'n' sassy
Poster Rank:1194
Female

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 16/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss376

Quote:
Originally Posted by theinspirond View Post
But I understand we are our own harshest critic and many of us who deal with acne for a prolonged amount of time seek perfect skin and to finally feel as if we have no skin flaws so I would strongly recommend checking out a different methods to battling acne. One thing that helped me immensely was drinking fresh juices that I would make with a juicer. It was a costly investment the juicer was a $300, but you can find a very good one for $150-$300. Further, I took biotin.
I have always had pale skin and dark hair and have been told I have the "English rose" complexion, though also I've been told I look "like death warmed up" but either way, I love how light my skin is so you can imagine how upset I get when its covered in angry red spots and lumps. I've had to experiment with which make up suits me and which doesn't but I feel that I need to do it to make myself look like "me."

At the moment I'm not allowed to drink juice or have anything acidic in my diet because I take handfuls of medication and they already give me shocking acid reflux which is treated with some heavy duty medication and a horrible tasting stuff that tastes of chalk. I don't have a hugely healthy diet but I'm a vegetarian and am not a fan of fried foods. My one weakness is Chinese food, like noodles, egg fried rice and seaweed and occasionally I indulge in pizza but that's about as adventurous as I get when it comes to food.

Old 08-23-2012, 07:43 AM
juliemd
Offline:
Hey, Ass-butt!
Poster Rank:421
female

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 16/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss1915

The Dr. put my little girl on something called Benzaclin? I think thats how you spell it, can't find the paper with the name. She has acne extremely bad all over her chest, back and face. We were trying everything, this SEEMS to be helping some but won't know the full effect for 6 weeks.

Old 08-23-2012, 08:16 AM
bernard
Offline:
My Rank: CORPORAL
Poster Rank:1031
female

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 78 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 16/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss476

Are you sure your not one of those people who are just pickers?I find myself picking an old pimple over and over again.My doctor said it is stress.What started out as a small zit,turns into this massive sore.

Old 08-23-2012, 11:08 AM
Spitfire Dynamo
Offline:
★ Legacy Member ★
Poster Rank:1614
Female

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 11/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss241

Proactive has realy helped my son with his acne. It also has a product for the old acne spots (the little brown ones I had left over from when I was younger) that has helped me out quite a bit.

Old 08-23-2012, 03:52 PM
Annbiz
Offline:
My Rank: LANCE CORPORAL
Poster Rank:1835
Female

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 16/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss197

Ive been breaking out like crazy lately. Don't know if it's from the heat or something I'm doing but I'm 30 yrs old and never had an acne problem till now. Ridiculous. Feel like a teen all over again but without all the fun stuff that comes along with it

Old 08-23-2012, 05:54 PM
Emperor Wang
Offline:
Your pal Wangy Pangy
Poster Rank:475

Quoted: 100 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 12/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss1582

I know the feeling Annbiz. I never had acne as a teen, for me it hit when I broke my cherry which was when I was 21. I always picked my spots ( and still do as I still have acne ) the result of which means my face looks like the surface of io. Whilst creams and wipes will help with the outside measures need to be taken from within. By that I mean Sebum, this is the oil that you hormones create to lubricate and make supple you skin. If there is a build up then its gonna turn out to be a spot.

If you havent already tried it I should recommend Pantothenic Acid. It provides a huge boost as Vitimin B5 which attemps to lower the amount of Sebum. For under a tenner from Holland & Barrett I thought it worth a shot.

Give it a try, you got nothing to lose.

Out of my way, Dildo !

Hey, scram you horny Joiks!

Why not do the "Flesh Gordon is dead" dance at you're next party.

I wish Codball was at the Olympics.
The Following User Says Thank You to Emperor Wang For This Useful Post:
Annbiz
Old 08-23-2012, 07:56 PM
monstor mash
Offline:
My Rank: PRIVATE
Poster Rank:5746
im an innie

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Activity Longevity