|
#1
●
10-16-2009, 09:41 AM
|
|
Liubov Svirkova and Tatiana Tsimfer Murdered in Pattaya, February 24, 2007
Russian tourists Tatiana Tsimfer, 30, and Liubov Svirkova, 25, were shot dead while sitting in deckchairs on Jomtien Beach in Pattaya, Thailand, on the night of February 24, 2007. Four shots were fired from a 9 mm pistol, and both women bled to death at the scene. Their phones and other personal effects were left untouched. Anuchit Lamlert, a 24-year-old Thai national, was arrested about a week later. Police said he confessed to shooting the women after a failed robbery. A Pattaya court convicted him on five counts on September 3, 2007, and sentenced him to death. |
|
#2
●
10-16-2009, 10:53 AM
|
|
Re: Liubov Svirkova and Tatiana Tsimfer Murdered in Pattaya, February 24, 2007
When I first saw the pictures I assumed they had been killed elsewhere and their bodies set up like that, it looks staged. So I was quite surprised when I started to read the info saying they'd been shot on the beach. I agree with the stuff in post two about it being staged to look like a crime scene, the breakdown of the evidence doesn't fit with what they say happened, plus it just doesn't look right to me. What do you think, Shadowkeeper? |
|
#3
●
10-16-2009, 11:05 AM
| ||||||||
| So Fucking Banned Poster Rank:135 Join Date: Oct 2009 Posts: 12,383 Mentioned: 0 Post(s) Quoted: 0 Post(s)
| ||||||||
|
Re: Liubov Svirkova and Tatiana Tsimfer Murdered in Pattaya, February 24, 2007
csi and forensics in other countries must be lame as hell blood splatter tells a lot also it would be possible to tell from an autopsy if any of the shots were post mortem right? too bad they suck at forensics |
|
#5
●
10-16-2009, 11:58 AM
|
|
Re: Liubov Svirkova and Tatiana Tsimfer Murdered in Pattaya, February 24, 2007
I am most definitely in the 'staged killing' group - however, I don't beleive that the fault in the investigation lies with forensics, but with politics - they are very, very dependant upon tourism there, and always try to cover up the frequent attacks on foreign tourists by the natives who think of it as a big, profitable game. At first they tried to pin it on the victims, so to speak, but when that didn't pan out, they needed a quick arrest that would make it look like a random, freak incedent (since revealing that it was staged would make it look like tourist kills there might be becoming organised, not good PR for them at all, and they definitely don't want it getting out that tourists are in fact regularly being targeted), and with their methods for getting confessions, it wasn't too hard to do... I also think that the one pic would make for a great Coca-Cola ad |
|
#7
●
10-16-2009, 12:11 PM
| ||||||||
| So Fucking Banned Poster Rank:135 Join Date: Oct 2009 Posts: 12,383 Mentioned: 0 Post(s) Quoted: 0 Post(s)
| ||||||||
|
Re: Liubov Svirkova and Tatiana Tsimfer Murdered in Pattaya, February 24, 2007
right its funny how they wanted to point out that they werent robbed at the crime scene but they were probably robbed where they were killed maybe they had jewels or drugs or info like saw something they shouldn't have ppl never know when to shut up like walking into a drug deal and yelling, "i'm gonna tell!" yeah! no! act cool leave then tell |
|
#8
●
10-16-2009, 12:35 PM
|
|
Re: Liubov Svirkova and Tatiana Tsimfer Murdered in Pattaya, February 24, 2007
A fascinating case. I agree with the staged theory. There's absolutely no trace of blood in or around he chairs justifying their deaths. And they bled to death. I saw the video of the reconstruction and it's a charade. I don't understand the language but if the killer retraced his steps, it's impossible to get those wounds from the positions he showed. The woman on the right should have been shot from high above. That short guy standing in the tip of his toes with the wrist in an unnatural position couldn't have made the shots. Not to mention the lack of a hole in the other chair where the bullet went through to hit the other woman in the back. Amazing post. I tried to find the pictures mentioned by the Russian guy from the news site, do you have links to them? |
|
#9
●
10-16-2009, 12:52 PM
|
|
Re: Liubov Svirkova and Tatiana Tsimfer Murdered in Pattaya, February 24, 2007
Here's the original net publication of the letter (the comments are pretty interesting to read as well): http://www.pattayadailynews.com/show...EWS=0000002502 - it looks like they turned off the links to the pics, so I'm not sure where to find them yet, could take time to dig em up, especially as some of the originally published ones have for some reason disappeared.
|