male

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 7/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss153
Re: Hurricane Florence Flood Victim

How many of you drive a vehicle that has manual locks and windows? Didn't think so. Water+electricity=nothing, so you decide to break a window. By now the water level has risen so high, your home-run swing has turned into a tiny love tap. Panic...breath...die.

Old 10-07-2018, 08:39 AM
ChristySD
Offline:
★ Legacy Member ★
Poster Rank:882
I'm not A bitch.... I'm THE bitch.

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 97 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 13/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss718

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boudreaux View Post
Gosh, if only you two had been there to explain to the women what to do.

The sheriff said he did not THINK the women were in restraints, not that they weren't in restraints. And surely a southern sheriff wouldn't fudge the truth about prisoners dying in custody, under circumstances the prisoners should not have been placed in.

In a city near me, a few years ago, a prisoner in the back of a squad car 'committed suicide' by shooting himself. Despite being handcuffed. Behind his back.

Yep, you can TRUST the cops. As long as you're a straight white male.
Thank god DR now has you to show all of us the error of our ways.......

Now that I got the sarcasm out of the way, I will respond. You cannot make absolute statements such as this. I am Southern, married to a federal cop and he is the most honest, caring person I know. As with every subculture, you cannot judge a whole by a wicked few. That is, as you put it quite succinctly, stupid.

Old 10-07-2018, 09:16 AM
Boudreaux
Offline:
My Rank: PRIVATE FIRST CLASS
Poster Rank:3188

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 5/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssssss99

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristySD View Post
You cannot make absolute statements such as this. ... you cannot judge a whole by a wicked few. That is, as you put it quite succinctly, stupid.
I see your point, Miss Kitty, but isn't "you cannot make absolute statements such as this" an absolute statement?

And if we're playing the family card, one of my late uncles was a sheriff in a deep south state for the last dozen years of his life (trooper and then a deputy before that), and he was honest ... as far as I know. But I wouldn't swear to it, I don't know how he got that big fancy bass boat and the farm on a sheriff's pay. And if I were black I SURE would not want to be arrested by him.

So unruffle your fur, please. There's no denying that "I think they were not in restraints" doesn't prove they weren't--the deputies got out OK, the women didn't. You and I aren't going to know what really happened, and I think you're a glass-half-full on this while I'm a glass-half-empty, but it's pretty much the same deal. OK?