Male
Contributions: 3

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Quoted: 713 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 7/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss4436
A shoplifter’s getaway car plowed into the Ross store in Burien Monday night, hurting 11 people.

It caused panicked chaos at the store that was busy with holiday shoppers and - causing panicked chaos at the store, leaving some with critical injuries.

Now we’re seeing cell phone video from moments after the crash, taken by a mother who jumped to protect her son from the van.

Marita Cobian took video from inside the Ross and you can hear the chaos in the video.

She and her young son were shopping for Christmas presents when the van came barreling in.

“I hear the tires screeching, and I look towards the window and I saw a van, and I blinked and all I heard was a giant explosion.

And people started screaming, said Joel Cobian, who is 11 years old.
Her older son translated for KIRO7 as we spoke with her about what happened.

“She told me me the car sends her flying and she tried to protect my little brother, so she tried to push him out of the way but the impact sent both of them flying,” said Marco Ortega.

In the video she took you can see scrapes on her hands. She had to go to the hospital and now needs a neck brace.

“She has very sharp pain on her neck,” Ortega said.
She's one of 11 people hurt in the crash. Three were hurt critically and rushed to Harborview Medical Center.

The victims at HMC includes 2-year-old boy who was in his stroller when the van crashed. On Tuesday, he was still in the ICU.

Prosecutors say the suspect driving the van, 51-year-old Lee R. Skelly, was using meth hours prior to the crash at Ross in Burien.

Investigators are still determining what charges to file for his girlfriend, Maria-Theresa Moore, 49. The sheriff’s office said she was attempting to shoplift “knick-knacks” before getting into the van Skelly was driving.

A judge found probable cause to charge Skelly with four counts of vehicular assault on Wednesday. His bail will be set Thursday.

The King County Sheriff’s Office said a woman was shoplifting at this store, then ran outside and into the passenger seat of the van.

Investigators say the van sped off, first hitting a parked car, before slamming through the store.
That parked car the suspect hit is the car Cobian was driving.

The family believe had their car not been there to slow down the van, even more people would've been hurt.

And this Christmas season, they're holding each other a little tighter.
“In the blink of an eye, tragedy happens,” Ortega said.

Click image for larger version

Name:	skelly.jpg
Views:	158
Size:	49.0 KB
ID:	894642

Donald Turpin, who stole 4.3 miles of copper wire from the Sound Transit light rail system between November 2012 and August 2011, was sentenced to 12 and a half years in prison.

It’s the longest sentence in state history for metal theft.
His co-defendant, Lee Skelly pleaded guilty to theft and got 45 days of work release.
Test

Picture and Video Clip Stats.
File Type: mp4 Burien%201_x264.mp4 (8.97 MB , 331 views)
File Type: mp4 Burien%202.mp4 (379.9 KB , 320 views)
File Type: mp4 Burian%203_x264.mp4 (1.62 MB , 343 views)
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to RiversEdge For This Useful Post:
Caf002, kellyhound, sutty37, wettyfap
Old 01-12-2020, 09:16 AM
kellyhound
Offline:
✝Mudderator from Hell✝
Poster Rank:11
Contributions: 817

Mentioned: 433 Post(s)
Quoted: 8369 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
17/20 20/20
Today Posts
5/11 ssss84545
Couple of losers. That van really hit that woman in red full force
The Following User Says Thank You to kellyhound For This Useful Post:
RiversEdge
Old 01-25-2020, 09:42 AM
RUTHIE7
Offline:
My Rank: STAFF SERGEANT
Poster Rank:755
Female

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 479 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
3/20 6/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss1032
Two creatures that were supposed to be wasted wanks.

Junkies and alcoholics - plain for all to see.
The Following User Says Thank You to RUTHIE7 For This Useful Post:
RiversEdge