Quoted: 2643 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
18/20 20/20
Today Posts
11/11 ssss68602
Mother and 4 Children Accidentally Pulled Over At Gun Point

Quote:
Forney, TX
New dash cam video shows a young mother being pulled over at gun point by police in Forney, Texas, all while her four little kids were in the car. Police admit they made a mistake but are refusing to apologize.

Kametra Barbour says she was driving four children under the age of 10 home when she was suddenly stopped and surrounded by police.

Officer: "Driver let me see your hands everybody stick their hands out the window." Barbour: "What is wrong?" Officer: "I'll tell you in a minute."

Barbour was told to exit the vehicle with her hands above her head. Police then shackled them in cuffs right in front of her children.

Barbour: "What is wrong? My kids!" Officer: "How old are they?" Barbour: "They're six and eight and ten, nine. What are we doing?" Officer: "Hold on a second, okay?"

Barbour: "What is going on? Oh my God, you will terrify my children." Officer: "We got a complaint of a vehicle matching your description and your license plate, waving a gun out the window."

The traffic stop was in response to a 911 caller who had told dispatch four black men were waiving a gun out the window of a beige- or tan-colored Toyota.

The problem: Barbour's car is a burgundy red Nissan Maxima.

It wasn't until Barbour's 6-year-old son, Ryan, came out of the car with his hands up too that police realized they had made a mistake.

Officer 1: "Do they look young to you?" Officer 2: "They do to me." Officer 1: "Huh?" Officer 2: "They do to me." Officer 1: "Yep, they're young." Officer 1: "Gun down, gun down, gun down!"

The officers then quickly went to work trying to calm down the now terrified children. Officer: "Ya'll okay? Just ya'll in the car?" Child: "No im scared." Officer: "It's okay." Child: "No, are we going to jail?" Officer: "No. No one is going to jail." Child: (Scream, crying) Officer: "Hey, stop crying. It's okay. It's okay. Everything's fine now."

The police department defends the traffic stop saying the officers responded appropriately to what they believed was a dangerous situation.

Quote:
The police department defends the traffic stop saying the officers responded appropriately to what they believed was a dangerous situation.
A different car and color plus they say it matches your license plate.

Test
Picture and Video Clip Stats.
File Type: mp4 Motherand4ChildrenAccidentallyPulledOver.mp4(19.25 MB, 359 views)
The Following User Says Thank You to kellyhound For This Useful Post:
30564U
Old 09-01-2014, 10:24 AM
Tantrix
Offline:
My Rank: CORPORAL
Poster Rank:1175

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 167 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 11/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss367
Re: Mother and 4 Children Accidentally Pulled Over At Gun Point

Yep...wrong vehicle, but they weren't aware of it at first. Looking at it a 2nd time, I think they handled it well calming everyone down. The only problem I have is the 1st officer leading the child towards the driver's side of the patrol car (near the highway). Many cops are killed getting hit during traffic stops so they should always avoid the left side of the car.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tantrix For This Useful Post:
30564U, Olivia
Old 09-01-2014, 11:05 AM
30564U
Offline:
My Rank: FIRST SERGEANT
Poster Rank:326
Comrade

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 1155 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 9/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2668

Much ado about nothing. This sort of thing happens all the time all over the world. Just because Momma was butthurt and the leftist media tried to stir the shit doesn't make the incident newsworthy or wrong. Lighten up.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 30564U For This Useful Post:
flyflicker123, Olivia
Old 09-01-2014, 03:09 PM
kellyhound
Offline:
✝Mudderator from Hell✝
Poster Rank:7
Contributions: 515

Mentioned: 110 Post(s)
Quoted: 2643 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
18/20 20/20
Today Posts
11/11 ssss68602

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tantrix View Post
Yep...wrong vehicle, but they weren't aware of it at first.
oh they were as that cop was straight-out lying when he said the color of the car and the license number were a match.

Old 09-02-2014, 06:04 PM
30564U
Offline:
My Rank: FIRST SERGEANT
Poster Rank:326
Comrade

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 1155 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 9/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2668

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellyhound View Post
oh they were as that cop was straight-out lying when he said the color of the car and the license number were a match.
There's nothing in the rules that says you need to or even want to tell a potential suspect the truth about why you pulled them over. So the copper said her car matched the color of the suspect's car? So what? Maybe he was confused and actually thought the colors matched...maybe...just maybe he made a mistake. Or maybe the original witness who actually saw the original bad guy car made a mistake. After 30 years as a police officer, the one true thing in virtually all cases I worked was that eye witnesses are absolutely horrible at getting descriptions correct...they flat out suck. So if you have a description of a red car as the suspect's car...then as a good copper, you better be stopping anything close to red with four wheels that you see. I've seen witnesses screw up on basic race...let alone clothing colors and size of the bad guy. The general rule for any good street cop is start pulling over and talking to anyone that even loosely matches the initial description. The bottom line is that those copper did nothing...absolutely nothing...wrong. Just because the lady is bitching and moaning (on the heels of the Franklin Michael Brown riots and probably at the request of some asshole anti-cop lawyer) isn't reason to fault these guys. In fact, if I were their chief, I would have given both a commendation for being proactive and handling a fairly difficult situation so well.

Old 09-03-2014, 04:46 PM
Shakey
Offline:
★ Legacy Member ★
Poster Rank:13
MAN

Mentioned: 626 Post(s)
Quoted: 30449 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
16/20 15/20
Today Posts
4/11 ssss51678

MMmmmmHmmm, cause we be black.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Shakey For This Useful Post:
30564U, Olivia
Old 09-06-2014, 02:23 AM
Broadjumper
Offline:
My Rank: SECOND LIEUTENANT
Poster Rank:191
Male

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 1405 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss5421

Quote:
Originally Posted by 30564U View Post
Much ado about nothing. This sort of thing happens all the time all over the world. Just because Momma was butthurt and the leftist media tried to stir the shit doesn't make the incident newsworthy or wrong. Lighten up.