JavaScript and Cookies are required to view this site. Please enable both in your browser settings.
"Congratulations!" "Congratulations? I Lost!"

"Congratulations!" "Congratulations? I Lost!"

Current Rating:
Unlimited Views No Ads No Algorithms Lifetime Account

Documenting Reality

Community Forum · Est. 2006

Join Now
Tools ▾
  #1  
● 05-28-2014, 11:21 PM
gatagato's Avatar
gatagato
Offline: Offline
★ ********* ★
Poster Rank:251
Male
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 5,547
Contributions: 415
Joined Jul 2009·Rank #251
 
5,547Posts
25,714Thanked
932Quoted
66Mentioned
415Contrib.
"Congratulations!" "Congratulations? I Lost!"

French Open: Reporter mistakenly congratulates Nicolas Mahut after his loss
The interviewer then admitted he didn’t watch the match to a fuming and incredulous Mahut.

[quote]Talk to any veteran journalist at a bar and each can likely regale you with a story about an awkward moment in an interview.
This one’s a classic though.
An unidentified reporter at a post-match news conference at the French Open congratulated Nicolas Mahut on Monday. The problem? The Frenchman had just lost in four sets to Kazakhstan’s Mikhail Kukushkin.
The interviewer then admitted that he didn’t watch the match to a fuming and incredulous Mahut.
Here’s a transcript:
MODERATOR: Questions in English, please.

REPORTER: Congratulations.
MAHUT: Congratulations? I lost.
REPORTER: You lost? Oh. Okay. So what happened out there?
MAHUT (after three long seconds): Are you serious? Did you watch the match?
REPORTER: No, I didn’t. I was told that you won. I’m sorry.

MAHUT: Questions in French, please.

Mahut made headlines in 2010 when he played John Isner in the longest match in tennis history — more than 11 hours spread over three days in the first round at Wimbledon, with Isner winning 70-68 in the fifth set — and then, incredibly, were forced to play each other in the same round at the same tournament a year later.
Click here to remove ›
1.11 MB ·118 views DownloadMember
▲ 4 Users Say Thank You For This Post:
Faline, illdude31, kellyhound, Photoplay
▼ PROMO FROM DOCUMENTING REALITY
Join the party
Join Now
Hidden for upgraded members.
  #2  
● 05-29-2014, 01:00 AM
Photoplay's Avatar
Photoplay
Offline: Offline
★ Legacy Member ★
Poster Rank:648
Female
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 1,360
Contributions: 1
Joined Nov 2013·Rank #648
 
1,360Posts
1,646Thanked
159Quoted
8Mentioned
1Contrib.
Re: "Congratulations!" "Congratulations? I Lost!"

Oppps. Humongous, mistake from reporter? Or insult?.
Nicolas Mahut showed great sportsmanship by not swearing at the reporter.
I’m sure they will both find the funny side of this in the next 20 years or so.
▲ This User Says Thank You For This Post:
gatagato
  #3  
● 05-29-2014, 03:29 PM
Shakey's Avatar
Shakey
Offline: Offline
★ Legacy Member ★
Poster Rank:21
MAN
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 61,049
Joined Nov 2009·Rank #21
 
61,049Posts
25,719Thanked
37,482Quoted
825Mentioned
0Contrib.
Re: "Congratulations!" "Congratulations? I Lost!"

Lack of preparation.
▲ This User Says Thank You For This Post:
gatagato
  #4  
● 05-31-2014, 03:03 PM
andi4kaza's Avatar
andi4kaza
Offline: Offline
My Rank: LANCE CORPORAL
Poster Rank:2954
male
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 134
Joined Jan 2011·Rank #2,954
 
134Posts
105Thanked
12Quoted
0Mentioned
0Contrib.
Re: "Congratulations!" "Congratulations? I Lost!"

now that's just nasty....haha preparation
▲ This User Says Thank You For This Post:
gatagato
  #5  
● 06-01-2014, 02:56 PM
kellyhound's Avatar
kellyhound
Online Online
✝Mudderator from Hell✝
Poster Rank:10
e-mail
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 96,617
Contributions: 901
Joined Oct 2006·Rank #10
 
96,617Posts
542,747Thanked
10,361Quoted
478Mentioned
901Contrib.
Re: "Congratulations!" "Congratulations? I Lost!"

▲ This User Says Thank You For This Post:
gatagato
  #6  
● 06-01-2014, 03:17 PM
Faline's Avatar
Faline
Offline: Offline
My Rank: MAJOR
Poster Rank:12
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 93,062
Contributions: 239
Joined Jun 2009·Rank #12
 
93,062Posts
137,673Thanked
2,009Quoted
91Mentioned
239Contrib.
Re: "Congratulations!" "Congratulations? I Lost!"

ffs
▲ This User Says Thank You For This Post:
gatagato


Powered by vBulletin Copyright 2000-2010 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO