JavaScript and Cookies are required to view this site. Please enable both in your browser settings.
OTHER:Lamp I Made

Lamp I Made

Current Rating:

Unlimited Views No Ads No Algorithms Lifetime Account

Documenting Reality

Community Forum · Est. 2006

Join Now
Thread Tools ▾
  #1  
● 03-22-2020, 11:20 PM
Mr_Shlaapu's Avatar
Mr_Shlaapu
Offline:
My Rank: MAJOR
Poster Rank:73
I am the "D" in "Vagina"
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 20,767
 
Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 9623 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 10/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss20767
Lamp I Made

Going ape shit with boredom during this COVID 19 lockdown so I finally made a lamp a friend had asked me for to put in their office.

The body is a canister for tank ammunition that I modified to look like the sabot round it held. I used sheet metal for the nose cone and aluminum billets I turned on my metal lathe to for stubb legs.

The light fixture I found a few years ago in an old barn. It was made in the '40s and was still new in the box. Steber is the manufacturer.

The knob for the on/off dimmer switch I made from a .50cal shell casing.

Pictures:
1-ammunition case
2-steber industrial light fixture
3-.50cal on/off dimmer
4-first mock up
5-second mock up after some adjustments and adding the stub legs
6-finished lamp in friend office corner
223366_ts.jpg
36.7 KB ·228 views
IMG_20200304_225459.jpg
2.04 MB ·235 views
IMG_20200311_133458.jpg
938.6 KB ·235 views
IMG_20200301_221653.jpg
764.7 KB ·233 views
IMG_20200311_041510.jpg
224.5 KB ·235 views
IMG_20200322_201348.jpg
1.07 MB ·245 views
▲ 22 Users Say Thank You For This Post:
Azimuth, BooBooKittyChris, ChristySD, Dmocecil, Druss, durt, Geemonster, Gonegirl, Heavy, kellyhound, life, Martin_98, MeatyBon, shitfly, SimoneFlen', soja, Sugar³, Susan, tootsieflowrslave, tyfoon42, unseeen, William May
▼ PROMO FROM DOCUMENTING REALITY
Cheaper than child support
Join Now
Hidden for upgraded members.
  #2  
● 03-23-2020, 02:18 AM
kellyhound's Avatar
kellyhound
Offline:
✝Mudderator from Hell✝
Poster Rank:10
e-mail
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 96,597
 
Mentioned: 476 Post(s)
Quoted: 10339 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
16/20 20/20
Today Posts
11/11 ssss96597
Re: Lamp I Made

luv it
▲ 2 Users Say Thank You For This Post:
Mr_Shlaapu, rlon
  #3  
● 03-23-2020, 04:12 AM
Mr_Shlaapu's Avatar
Mr_Shlaapu
Offline:
My Rank: MAJOR
Poster Rank:73
I am the "D" in "Vagina"
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 20,767
 
Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 9623 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 10/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss20767
Re: Lamp I Made

There were no alcoholic beverages or mind altering substances harmed during the making of this lamp.
▲ 2 Users Say Thank You For This Post:
kellyhound, LrlynJy
  #4  
● 03-23-2020, 08:48 AM
Druss
Offline:
So Fucking Banned
Poster Rank:253
Join Date: Aug 2018
Posts: 5,539
 
Mentioned: 99 Post(s)
Quoted: 3828 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 8/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss5539
Re: Lamp I Made

That's really cool
▲ This User Says Thank You For This Post:
Mr_Shlaapu
  #5  
● 03-23-2020, 09:32 AM
Mr_Shlaapu's Avatar
Mr_Shlaapu
Offline:
My Rank: MAJOR
Poster Rank:73
I am the "D" in "Vagina"
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 20,767
 
Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 9623 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 10/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss20767
Re: Lamp I Made

That's really cool
If I had the everything to make another one it would be shipped directly to your mead hall my brotha!

And that's a scientific fact!!
▲ 2 Users Say Thank You For This Post:
BooBooKittyChris, Druss
  #6  
● 03-26-2020, 01:34 PM
William May
Offline:
♚ Legacy Gold Member ♚
Poster Rank:92
Male
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 17,143
 
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 4687 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
11/20 17/20
Today Posts
6/11 ssss17143
Re: Lamp I Made

Awesome job!
▲ This User Says Thank You For This Post:
Mr_Shlaapu
  #7  
● 03-26-2020, 01:35 PM
William May
Offline:
♚ Legacy Gold Member ♚
Poster Rank:92
Male
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 17,143
 
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 4687 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
11/20 17/20
Today Posts
6/11 ssss17143
Re: Lamp I Made

We'll only start worrying about you if the next one has a human skin lampshade.
▲ 2 Users Say Thank You For This Post:
ChristySD, Mr_Shlaapu
  #8  
● 03-27-2020, 10:34 PM
Mr_Shlaapu's Avatar
Mr_Shlaapu
Offline:
My Rank: MAJOR
Poster Rank:73
I am the "D" in "Vagina"
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 20,767
 
Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 9623 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 10/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss20767
Re: Lamp I Made

We'll only start worrying about you if the next one has a human skin lampshade.
  #9  
● 06-01-2020, 07:14 AM
Geemonster's Avatar
Geemonster
Offline:
KING OF DROOL
Poster Rank:3
Bloke
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 123,469
 
Mentioned: 195 Post(s)
Quoted: 38162 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 17/20
Today Posts
0/11 sss123469
Re: Lamp I Made

that's fucking cool
▲ 2 Users Say Thank You For This Post:
Mr_Shlaapu, Susan
  #10  
● 01-05-2021, 01:50 AM
Susan's Avatar
Susan
Offline:
NOT THE BOSS
Poster Rank:32
ᴀᴅᴍɪɴɪᴤᴛʀᴀᴛᴏʀ
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 47,739
 
Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 4195 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss47739
Re: Lamp I Made

I'd buy one.
▲ This User Says Thank You For This Post:
Mr_Shlaapu


Powered by vBulletin Copyright 2000-2010 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO