JavaScript and Cookies are required to view this site. Please enable both in your browser settings.
$50 Million Damage when Maltese Tanker Vitaspirit Crashes into a Mansion

Go Back  

$50 Million Damage when Maltese Tanker Vitaspirit Crashes into a Mansion 

Current Rating:

Join NowJoin Now

Old 04-11-2018, 05:07 AM
kellyhound
Offline:
✝Mudderator from Hell✝
Poster Rank:11
Contributions: 817

Mentioned: 433 Post(s)
Quoted: 8368 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
18/20 20/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss84541
An Istanbul court has issued a warrant for the seizure of a ship that crashed into a waterfront mansion on the Bosphorus on April 7.

The ruling came after the owners of the Hekimbaşı Salih Efendi mansion applied to the Istanbul 17th Commercial Court of First Instance on April 9, demanding a lien to be enforced after their mansion was left with extensive damage.

In their application, the owners noted the mansion had lost its historical status as a result of the crash.

The owners have also indicated that reconstruction of the mansion was subject to permission from the Council of Monuments and its reconstruction would “cost at least $40-50 million.”

The court then authorized the Maltese tanker Vitaspirit to be seized against the costs, specifying that the lien shall continue until the mansion’s owners are paid $50 million.

“For now, a seizure warrant has been ruled for the ship related to the $50 million [cost]. Currently, the relevant notices are being made to the port authority and coastal safety authorities for the seizure of the ship.

The work to determine the extent of the damage is ongoing” said lawyers Nazlı Selek and Erdal Gökçe on behalf of the mansion owners.

The Bosphorus is one of the busiest shipping lanes in the world. In 2017, 42,000 military, naval and commercial vessels passed through the strait.

In 2017, there were a total of 127 incidents in the Bosphorus that almost resulted in a big crash, like that of the tanker Vitaspirit, but were “avoided with little or no harm,” and therefore, the public had not been informed of them, according to the Marine Safety Foundation.

“These [127 incidents] include crashing, touching, running aground, mechanical faults. Based on this, there is a narrow escape from an accident in the Bosphorus every three days,” said a statement issued by the foundation, state-run Anadolu Agency reported on April 10.
Test

Picture and Video Clip Stats.
File Type: mp4 %2450milliondamage.mp4 (5.97 MB , 2782 views)
The Following 21 Users Say Thank You to kellyhound For This Useful Post:
AngelAssassin, Blindside, condor5, Dmocecil, durt, Ferocity, Hunted, Johnny Wadd, LadyNightmare, Lil Stinker, MikeyP, mintycbo, mparryuk52, Mr.NoCredit, Ozymandias, pervM, rlon, schindler, Shadolife, spudigitti, William May
Old 04-11-2018, 08:22 AM
Johnny Wadd
Offline:
★ Legacy Member ★
Poster Rank:479
Male

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 274 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 17/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2129
It don't look like a $50m mansion to me,I thought it would of hit the bigger Mansion next door.

Must be an insurance job Kel
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Johnny Wadd For This Useful Post:
AngelAssassin, durt, habsphannn, keefgan, Kel007, kellyhound, minka1, reload101, SalemSaberhagen, William May
Old 04-12-2018, 01:23 PM
cutler
Offline:
My Rank: GUNNERY SERGEANT
Poster Rank:624

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 17/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss1373
damn...that sucks.
The Following User Says Thank You to cutler For This Useful Post:
AngelAssassin
Old 04-14-2018, 06:14 PM
abscond
Offline:
My Rank: PRIVATE
Poster Rank:6906
Male

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 8/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssssss29
It sounds like the ship escaped, and they are still looking for it. That's weird.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to abscond For This Useful Post:
AngelAssassin, keefgan, NoSolution
Old 04-15-2018, 05:59 PM
Ferocity
Offline:
My Rank: MAJOR
Poster Rank:51
"G," for Gentleman.
Contributions: 13

Mentioned: 74 Post(s)
Quoted: 6723 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
19/20 9/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss26981
That was so awesome!
I wonder how much the house would be worth if it didn't have that historical value?
The description implies that nobody was killed/injured in that house, but it doesn't imply if there was anybody inside at the time! How cool would it be to be inside the house when that happened & to walk away unscaved.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abscond View Post
It sounds like the ship escaped, and they are still looking for it. That's weird.
No dude
Did you even read the description?
It says that the house owners got to keep the boat until they were paid 50million.
The Following Users Say Fuck Off To This Post By Ferocity:
AngelAssassin
Old 04-16-2018, 09:00 AM
My Rank: MASTER GUNNERY SERGEANT
Poster Rank:310
Male
Contributions: 25

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 573 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
5/20 17/20
Today Posts
7/11 sssss3925
mansion? where? i dont see any mansion except fisherman's house

maybe the ABS has failed ..
The Following User Says Thank You to Xploit Machine For This Useful Post:
keefgan
Old 04-17-2018, 05:02 PM
spudigitti
Offline:
His Royal Highness
Poster Rank:47
man up bitches
Contributions: 1

Mentioned: 85 Post(s)
Quoted: 11779 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 12/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss29744
Asleep at the wheel
Old 04-12-2019, 07:10 PM
NoSolution
Offline:
My Rank: PRIVATE FIRST CLASS
Poster Rank:3541

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 16/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssssss94
If I was an insurance agent and that claim landed on my desk I would be extremely sceptical...
Old 10-01-2023, 09:43 AM
Trucked up
Offline:
♚ Legacy Gold Member ♚
Poster Rank:290
MALE

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 651 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 10/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss4176
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferocity View Post
That was so awesome!
I wonder how much the house would be worth if it didn't have that historical value?
The description implies that nobody was killed/injured in that house, but it doesn't imply if there was anybody inside at the time! How cool would it be to be inside the house when that happened & to walk away unscaved.

No dude
Did you even read the description?
It says that the house owners got to keep the boat until they were paid 50million.
Did you even read the description?? It said warrants were issued for the seizure of it, it's not like it was docked there right then from that point on. Guaranteed it left the scene & continued on to wherever it was headed.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Trucked up For This Useful Post:
AngelAssassin, reload101
Old 10-31-2023, 02:03 PM
Norag
Offline:
My Rank: LANCE CORPORAL
Poster Rank:3321
Contributions: 8

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 8/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss105
Quote:
Originally Posted by kellyhound View Post
An Istanbul court has issued a warrant for the seizure of a ship that crashed into a waterfront mansion on the Bosphorus on April 7.

The court then authorized the Maltese tanker Vitaspirit to be seized against the costs, specifying that the lien shall continue until the mansion’s owners are paid $50 million.

“For now, a seizure warrant has been ruled for the ship related to the $50 million [cost]. Currently, the relevant notices are being made to the port authority and coastal safety authorities for the seizure of the ship.
I have no idea how anyone would read those passages and conclude anything other than the ship was on the lamb. Cute how they chastised someone else for their reading and comprehension
The Following User Says Thank You to Norag For This Useful Post:
AngelAssassin