Go Back  

Torture Session That Killed Chester Allan Poage. 

Current Rating:

Join NowJoin Now
Old 06-15-2017, 05:22 PM
deanmine
Offline:
They Lied. There ALL LIES
Poster Rank:233
<--We did it. So Can You
Contributions: 48

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Quoted: 840 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
2/20 9/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss4107
Torture Session That Killed Chester Allan Poage.

(Poage is murdered. Page is one of the boys that did this.
It can get confusing fast)

It started out as a robbery, but ended up a three hour torture session that killed Chester Allan Poage.

Shortly after his arrest, Elijah Page calmly confessed all of the details to police at the crime scene.

By the time Elijah Page and the other two killers brought Chester Allan Poage to Higgins Gulch, Page says they had already told him he was going to die.

Investigator: "How did Allan react to that when he got that information?"

Elijah Page: "He was scared. He asked us not to do it, just to let him go. He said he wasn't going to say nothing."

But Page told investigators that didn't stop them. He, Briley Piper, and Darrell Hoadley brought Poage down to the creek, which was frozen at the time.

Investigator: "You started kicking snow on top of him? All three of you? What was the purpose of that?

Page: "Piper just suggested lets bury him with snow and maybe he'll freeze."

Poage tried running away, but there was nowhere to go. So the killers decided it was time to slit his throat.

"I held his head for a minute. They were like, 'Do it. Come on. Hurry up.' So i quickly stabbed him in the throat, and turned around and was like, 'There.' And handed the knife back to Darrell," Page says.

But Poage didn't die. He cried and begged for his life. Hoadley criticized Page for not finishing the job.

"That kind of upset me, because he looked back and said, 'Well, you didn't do it right.' And I'm like, 'Well, man, I've never done this before. How do i know how to do it right?'" Page says.

The other two killers took turns stabbing Poage in the head. Still alive, Poage begged again.

Page: "He said, 'Let me go. And then he asked if we could take him to his house and let him die there."

Investigator: "What did you guys say?"

Page: "We told him, 'No.'"

And the killers seemed to enjoy themselves.

Investigator: "Were you laughing?"

Page: "We chuckled. We weren't really laughing, but let out little chuckles. 'Ha ha,' you know?"

Then they started kicking... And kicking.. And kicking.

"I looked at Darrell. I said, man, my foot hurts. I can't kick anymore," Page says.

Poage was still alive. Still screaming louder than ever. Page and Hoadley decided to throw rocks.

"I just, like, hurled it at him," Page says. "It hit his head and bounced off."

Poage stopped screaming and just cried. Temperatures were freezing and Poage was naked except for a tank top and his shoes.

"'Just let me die. Just let me die.' He mumbled that a couple times," Page says.

Finally, three hours into the attack, Page tells investigators the large rocks he and Hoadley dropped on Poage's head ended his suffering.

"We were just like okay, it's done. Let's go. So we just got into the Blazer, turned up the music, and left Higgins Gulch," Page says

More on the story....

The South Dakota Supreme Court on Thursday upheld an Alaska man's death sentence in the 2000 torture and killing of a Spearfish man who begged for mercy, noting the defendant bragged about the slaying.

The high court also unanimously rejected Briley Piper's request to withdraw his guilty plea in the killing of 19-year-old Chester Allan Poage. Piper's appeal lawyer did not immediately return a call seeking comment.

Piper, now 33, admitted his role in Poage's killing and faced a judge for his sentencing in 2001 on the advice of his lawyers who thought a jury was more likely to sentence him to death. The judge ordered the death penalty.

Piper appealed, and the state Supreme Court in 2009 overturned his death sentence by ruling that a jury, not a judge, should decide his fate. A jury then sentenced Piper to death in 2011.

An accomplice, Eljah Page, pleaded guilty and was executed in the death. A third man, Darrell Hoadley, was sentenced to life in prison without the possibility of parole.

Piper filed another appeal, arguing that his death sentence was disproportionate to those in similar cases, particularly since Hoadley got a life sentence. The Supreme Court on Thursday rejected that argument.

The high court noted that Piper took part in kicking and stabbing Poage, and forced the victim to drink a toxic liquid.

Piper, Page and Hoadley had been friends with Poage, but when the victim's family left on vacation the three decided to kidnap him and steal things from his mother's home. Prosecutors said they knocked Poage out and tied him up, beat and stabbed him, stripped him and tried to drown him by pushing him into a stream where they stepped on his neck. They ended his life by dropping basketball-sized rocks on his head. Poage's body was found several weeks later in the stream.

"Throughout the evening, Poage begged for his life and repeatedly asked the men why they were hurting him," Justice Lori Wilbur wrote for the court.

"In contrast to his statements of remorse at this sentencing hearing, Piper bragged when he told his friends and cellmate about the events of the evening," Wilbur wrote.

The Supreme Court said its 2009 decision returning the case to a lower court for a new sentencing hearing did not allow Piper to raise the issue of withdrawing his guilty plea.

"Allan Poage's family has waited almost 14 years in their search for justice. Affirming the legality of Piper's conviction puts our criminal justice system a significant step closer to carrying out the jury's sentence," South Dakota Attorney General Marty Jackley said in a statement.

Jackley noted that Piper can file further appeals in state and federal courts.

Briley Piper's involvement in the killing of Chester Allan Poage was spelled out in chilling detail during a videotaped confession by Elijah Page.

In May of 2000, Elijah Page took investigators to a remote part of the Black Hills where he, Piper and Darrell Hoadley tortured and then killed Poage. The three decided to kill Poage in order to rob Poage's mother's home in Spearfish.

Page matter-of-factly recounted to investigators the crime that left Poage begging for his life. Page, Piper and Hoadley took Poage to Higgins Gulch near Spearfish, ordered Poage to remove his clothes and told him he was going to die.

Investigator: How did Allan react to that when he got that information?
Page: He was scared. He asked us not to do it, just to let him go.

But Poage wouldn't go quietly into the night. Instead, the three killers kicked him in the head, force-fed him a mixture of acid, beer and pills. And when Poage tried to get away, Page stabbed him in the neck with the encouragement of Piper and Hoadley.

"I held his head for a minute, they were like, 'Do it. Come on. Hurry up.' So I quickly stabbed him in the throat, and turned around and was like, 'There.' And handed the knife back to Darrell," Page said.

After that, the three took turns stabbing Poage in the head as he pleaded for them to stop.

"He said, 'Let me go.' And then he asked if we could take him to his house and let him die," Page said.

Investigator: What did you guys say?
Page: We told him no.

The gruesome ordeal ended when Page crushed Poage's head with large rocks, killing him. Page would pay for the crime with his life, the first execution in South Dakota in sixty years.

Page also signed a written confession sent to the governor's office in which he said the killing was his and Hoadley's idea, and that Piper wanted nothing to do with it. But authorities determined that Page was likely lying to protect Piper.

-NocturnalPulse-, AnnieBee, Azimuth, BASILISP, beepboop, Budd Dwyer, Dmocecil, Emti, FunkPumpkin, HolographicSexOffender, Jordana, kellyhound, KimmieKai, loosy, MP21, scruffy1990, U2Addict, Wainegro, wujuan
Old 06-16-2017, 03:48 PM
luton loyal
Offline:
My Rank: MAJOR
Poster Rank:117

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 199 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
5/20 16/20
Today Posts
1/11 sssss9262
Re: Torture Session That Killed Chester Allan Poage.

Old 06-17-2017, 04:44 AM
LERK
My Rank: SERGEANT MAJOR
Poster Rank:221

Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Quoted: 2867 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
13/20 2/20
Today Posts
11/11 sssss4572

I'm from South Dakota I remember this happening. Poor fucking kid begging to die at the end, Little monsters.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to LERK For This Useful Post:
-NocturnalPulse-, Azimuth, beepboop, Budd Dwyer, Dusti_, Jordana
Old 06-18-2017, 03:39 PM
FunkPumpkin
Offline:
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Poster Rank:276
Contributions: 9

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 684 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 11/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss3366

That's just fucking awful! I wish those shitsacks could be executed in the manner they murdered their victim.

Great post, DM!

-NocturnalPulse-, Azimuth, beepboop, Dusti_, kellyhound, Wainegro
Old 06-30-2017, 07:00 AM
-NocturnalPulse-
Offline:
My Rank: MASTER SERGEANT
Poster Rank:412
NIGHTBRINGER

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 216 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
4/20 10/20
Today Posts
4/11 sssss1929

Give all 3 shit heels the needle. Cruel bastards.

The Following User Says Thank You to -NocturnalPulse- For This Useful Post:
Dusti_
The Following Users Say Fuck Off To This Post By -NocturnalPulse-:
loosy
Old 07-02-2017, 06:23 PM
loosy
Offline:
My Rank: LANCE CORPORAL
Poster Rank:2546
female

Quoted: 107 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 8/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss117

Jesus ... You know I get the fact you can snap and kill someone but 3 hours and listening to him beg... what the actual fuck. Good post. Never heard it before

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to loosy For This Useful Post:
beepboop, Budd Dwyer
Old 07-12-2017, 11:40 PM
scruffy1990
Offline:
My Rank: PRIVATE
Poster Rank:7284
Male

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 7/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssssss19

Quote:
Originally Posted by -NocturnalPulse- View Post
Give all 3 shit heels the needle. Cruel bastards.
Needle is too good for them turn them over to the Mexican cartels.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to scruffy1990 For This Useful Post:
-NocturnalPulse-, Budd Dwyer, FunkPumpkin
Old 12-20-2017, 08:28 PM
Ninjavandal
Offline:
So Fucking Banned
Poster Rank:104

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Quoted: 2440 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 2/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss11368

May the lot of them rot in prison until they day they die.

The Following Users Say Fuck Off To This Post By Ninjavandal:
HolographicSexOffender