Contributions: 26

Mentioned: 1042 Post(s)
Quoted: 5680 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
7/20 20/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss18968
Daytona Beach Serial Killer Case From 2006

The Daytona Beach Serial killer, who has still not been arrested, is known to have been active from December, 2005 to December, 2007. The police at this time attribute at least four murders of women to this still unknown killer. All of the women were known prostitutes or drug users.

The known victims are:
  • Laquetta Gunther (45 Years Old, Found December 26, 2005)
  • Julie Green (34 Years Old, Found January 14, 2006)
  • Iwana Patton (35 Years Old, Found February 24, 2006)
  • Stacey Gage (30 Years Old, Found January 2, 2008)

Name:  2006_serial_killer_victims_daytona.jpg
Views: 5184
Size:  21.2 KB
According to the FBI, the four killings are among 28 in Florida that are unsolved and connected to serial killings that the bureau suspects were committed by long-haul truckers. Those include 19 deaths along the Interstate 4 corridor between Tampa and Daytona Beach, but it also noted that all but one local law-enforcement agency denies any serial-killer cases on its books.

The FBI believes the suspects are predominantly long-haul truck drivers (from I-95 to I-4 to I-75 in Florida). But the mobile nature of the offenders, the unsafe lifestyles of the victims, the significant distances and multiple jurisdictions involved, and the scarcity of witnesses or forensic evidence can make these cases tough to solve.

Details From The Laquetta Gunther Crime Scene:
  • The body of Laquetta Gunther was found dead in a tiny alleyway off of Madison Avenue and Beach Street in Daytona Beach, Fla. and that her genitals were sprayed with an oil based paint after being she was murdered.

Details From The Julie Green Crime Scene:
  • A construction worker found Julie Green’s body on a dirt road Jan. 14, 2006, on the west side of Daytona Beach, off of LPGA Blvd near a local hunting club. The killer robbed her of cash before killing her and then urinated and defecated on her before leaving the area according to police.

She was killed with a single gunshot wound to the back of the head and then set on fire, but since the killer decided to urinate and defecate on the woman before leaving the area, DNA was able to be recovered from the urine and excrement, as well as a set of a tire tracks that were left in the dirt.

Details From The Iwana Patton Crime Scene:
  • On Feb. 24, 2006, the body of Iwana Patton was discovered dead on a dirt road near Mason Avenue and Williamson Street in Daytona Beach. She was also shot in the head, and set on fire, but appeared to have struggled with her killer. The suspect urinated and defecated on her before leaving the area in this case as well, detectives recovered DNA from the urine and excrement, along with a shell casing and a burned out match, which was used to set her on fire, but prior to urinating and defecating on the woman.

Details From The Stacey Gage Crime Scene:
  • On January 2, 2008 the body of Stacey Guage was located in a wooded area at 1650 Hancock Boulevard. She had been shot in the head, and the badly decomposed body was discovered by a Daytona Beach Police Officer on routine patrol, after he noticed a foul smell in the area. There was no DNA recovered because the body had been in the elements for about a week, but police believe she was also covered with urine and excrement.

In 2008, Daytona Beach Police officers started swabbing the mouths of persons of interests during traffic stops with special DNA kits in the hunt for the serial killer. The police claim they do have a DNA match recovered from one of the scenes, but thus far, have not been able to make a match to anyone.

The following image was taken of Stacey Gage at a Publix Shopping center on December 11, 2008. Her grandmother was the last one to see her, December 10, 2008 in nearby Holly Hill, when she said she left to get ice and never returned. Her grandmother reported her van, a 1998 white Plymouth Voyager stolen after not hearing from her. Police later found the van abandoned.

Click image for larger version

Name:	stacey_guage_publix_image.jpg
Views:	4170
Size:	37.4 KB
ID:	642537

On the day Julie Green's body was found, Jan. 14, 2006, police investigators also noted fresh tire tracks at the crime scene. The tire impressions were tested, and the results showed the vehicle was either a 2003 Ford Taurus, or Mercury Sable, later that year, the same tire markings were found at a junkyard in Volusia County, although police are uncertain if that match is related.

Another interesting thing to note, which has not been widely released, is that three of the four women, whose bodies have been recovered, were found wearing only their socks. This may or may not be important, it's possible that the unknown killer has a sock fetish, which if that is the case, might be useful to investigators as they develop a profile, it could also be used to identify future victims, should he strike again.

Police at one point thought they had a promising suspect in David Lindsay, a homeless shelter volunteer who they discovered was a convicted murderer from Illinois who had been eluding police for years. Lindsay served eight years in jail for killing his wife, and was wanted for strangling an elderly man in Illinois as well.

Click image for larger version

Name:	david_lindsay_arrest_photo_large.jpg
Views:	4285
Size:	40.0 KB
ID:	642543

Lindsay was working at Volusia-Flagler Coalition for the Homeless, where police say at least two of the victims had visited prior to their deaths. However, Lindsay was cleared by police in this case, I suspect because his DNA must not have matched the DNA they have on file which was recovered from the crime scene.

The Following 21 Users Say Thank You to chris For This Useful Post:
AceGoober, Azimuth, beepboop, Bella_Italiana, booboo2718, gypsymoondust, jojo58, kellyhound, Morbid75, murofhsirgo, Pennylar-sinny, Photoplay, Pigeon, powderblue, sancatz22, san_chayin, suddb, Svinteen, thckoitin, U2Addict, XxMutilatedxX
Old 09-15-2015, 05:44 PM
Morbid75
Offline:
★Athena★
Poster Rank:150
Contributions: 17

Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Quoted: 4569 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 10/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss8120
Re: Daytona Beach Serial Killer Case From 2006

Whomever this guy is he really hates women. Maybe he cannot achieve an erection so that is why he pisses on them.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Morbid75 For This Useful Post:
Azimuth, beepboop, chris, kellyhound, Pigeon, U2Addict, XxMutilatedxX
Old 09-15-2015, 05:54 PM
chris
Offline:
★ ★ GENERAL ★ ★
Poster Rank:58
male

Activity Longevity
7/20 20/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss18968

Whoever he is, he's been getting away with it for quite sometime as well. Yet he did stop after 2007, or at least police think he stopped. Makes you wonder why, is he jailed for something else, dead of natural causes, or just lost interest, which I think is unlikely.

The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to chris For This Useful Post:
AceGoober, AliceInChains, Azimuth, beepboop, Dusti_, KimmieKai, Morbid75, murofhsirgo, Pennylar-sinny, PISSEDANDTWISTED, Svinteen, XxMutilatedxX
Old 09-15-2015, 07:24 PM
Morbid75
Offline:
★Athena★

Activity Longevity
1/20 10/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss8120

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris View Post
Whoever he is, he's been getting away with it for quite sometime as well. Yet he did stop after 2007, or at least police think he stopped. Makes you wonder why, is he jailed for something else, dead of natural causes, or just lost interest, which I think is unlikely.
My husband drives a truck. Not long-haul but he does go around the southeast mostly. He was a cop for 13 years before.

He said there are some weird motherfuckers that drive trucks. A lot of them change companies quite regularly or he lost his truck during the recession which was around that time.

Lot lizards tend to hang out at the seedier truck stops because the Love's and Flying J type stops keep that pretty clean.

I bet he moved on another route and is still out there somewhere trolling those seedy truck stops. Scary

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Morbid75 For This Useful Post:
AliceInChains, beepboop, chris, Dusti_, murofhsirgo, Pennylar-sinny, U2Addict
Old 09-15-2015, 08:03 PM
chris
Offline:
★ ★ GENERAL ★ ★
Poster Rank:58
male

Activity Longevity
7/20 20/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss18968

Yea, we have a Love's around this area, it's super sketchy. I saw a reference to this case on some Investigation Discovery episode I think at one time, they were pretty convinced it was a trucker as well.

The shitty part is, after this much time, it's not like they can just stake-out truck stops or anything, they actually need him to kill again to get any good leads.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to chris For This Useful Post:
AceGoober, beepboop, bloodgasm, Morbid75, Pennylar-sinny, souris
Old 09-15-2015, 09:55 PM
Morbid75
Offline:
★Athena★

Activity Longevity
1/20 10/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss8120

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris View Post
Yea, we have a Love's around this area, it's super sketchy. I saw a reference to this case on some Investigation Discovery episode I think at one time, they were pretty convinced it was a trucker as well.

The shitty part is, after this much time, it's not like they can just stake-out truck stops or anything, they actually need him to kill again to get any good leads.
That is shitty. I hope he is in VICAP so if it is in another agency's jurisdiction they can match the M.O.

I watch the ID channel a lot too. I do not remember this one. It seems like they show some of the same cases on several different shows.

The Following User Says Thank You to Morbid75 For This Useful Post:
Dusti_
Old 09-16-2015, 02:49 PM
TexasTea2008
Offline:
★ Legacy Member ★
Poster Rank:1386
Male

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 89 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 13/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss318

So be one the look out for A trucker with good bowels movements.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to TexasTea2008 For This Useful Post:
chris, depraved1, Mr. Coprophilia, Pennylar-sinny
Old 09-16-2015, 07:44 PM
souris
Offline:
SpanMan!
Poster Rank:128
guy

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 668 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
2/20 15/20
Today Posts
1/11 sssss9952

I dunno. Pissing and shitting on the body? mean.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to souris For This Useful Post:
chris, harleykitten
Old 09-29-2015, 06:09 AM
U2Addict
Offline:
My Rank: LANCE CORPORAL
Poster Rank:2304
eXPERIENCE + iNNOCENCE Tour 2018 28 May Atlanta!!

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 8/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss144

Quote:
Originally Posted by morbid75 View Post
Whomever this guy is he really hates women. Maybe he cannot achieve an erection so that is why he pisses on them.
I bet he hates his mum. Those poor girls.

The Following User Says Thank You to U2Addict For This Useful Post:
Dusti_
Old 10-07-2015, 06:23 PM
K53
Offline:
My Rank: CAPTAIN
Poster Rank:183

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 885 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
8/20 7/20
Today Posts
3/11 sssss6369

These girls had a hard life.
They all deserved better.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to K53 For This Useful Post:
AceGoober, Dusti_, GlowingGhoul, Pennylar-sinny, Pigeon, rachaelsas, U2Addict, William May