JavaScript and Cookies are required to view this site. Please enable both in your browser settings.
Rockwell Commander 114B Plane Makes Emergency Landing on I-78
Documenting Reality Caught on Camera Plane Crashes & Aircraft Disasters Rockwell Commander 114B Plane Makes Emergency Landing on I-78

Rockwell Commander 114B Plane Makes Emergency Landing on I-78

Current Rating:

Unlimited Views No Ads No Algorithms Lifetime Account

Documenting Reality

Community Forum · Est. 2006

Join Now
Thread Tools ▾
  #1  
● 04-10-2026, 05:42 PM
kellyhound's Avatar
kellyhound
Offline:
✝Mudderator from Hell✝
Poster Rank:10
e-mail
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 96,583
Contributions: 817
 
Mentioned: 477 Post(s)
Quoted: 10357 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
17/20 20/20
Today Posts
11/11 ssss96583
Rockwell Commander 114B Plane Makes Emergency Landing on I-78

On Saturday, April 4, 2026, a small plane made a successful emergency landing on the busy Interstate 78 in Lehigh County, Pennsylvania, around 9:20 a.m. and the landing was captured on a car dashcam.

The landing occurred on the eastbound lanes of I-78 in Weisenberg Township, near mile marker 45.6, just west of Allentown.

The pilot reported unknown engine problems shortly after departing from Solberg-Hunterdon Airport in New Jersey. He was en route to Indiana but could not reach a nearby airport.

Both individuals on board—a 65-year-old male pilot from Michigan and a 34-year-old female passenger from New Jersey—were uninjured. No drivers on the ground were hurt.

The Federal Aviation Administration is currently investigating the cause of the engine failure.
pl1.jpg
111.5 KB ·8 views
Click here to remove ›
1.77 MB ·13 views DownloadMember
▲ 10 Users Say Thank You For This Post:
Caf002, durt, freaky_chick33, Hunted, Mr.NoCredit, Rejeg, terrence, wildaxboxer, William May, yah
▼ PROMO FROM DOCUMENTING REALITY
Natural Disasters & Extreme Weather Events
View Now
Hidden for upgraded members.
  #2  
● 04-10-2026, 09:32 PM
durt's Avatar
durt
Offline:
★ Legacy Member ★
Poster Rank:72
male
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 21,192
Contributions: 1
 
Mentioned: 52 Post(s)
Quoted: 4957 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 17/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss21192
Re: Rockwell Commander 114B Plane Makes Emergency Landing on I-78

Nice!
▲ 4 Users Say Thank You For This Post:
kellyhound, Rejeg, terrence, William May
  #3  
● 04-10-2026, 10:51 PM
William May
Offline:
♚ Legacy Gold Member ♚
Poster Rank:92
Male
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 17,154
 
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 4699 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
11/20 17/20
Today Posts
6/11 ssss17154
Re: Rockwell Commander 114B Plane Makes Emergency Landing on I-78

Good job!
▲ 3 Users Say Thank You For This Post:
durt, kellyhound, terrence
  #4  
● 04-11-2026, 10:05 AM
wildaxboxer's Avatar
wildaxboxer
Offline:
My Rank: SERGEANT MAJOR
Poster Rank:300
male
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 4,360
 
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 497 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
4/20 17/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss4360
Re: Rockwell Commander 114B Plane Makes Emergency Landing on I-78

Nice... not a mark on the plane
▲ 3 Users Say Thank You For This Post:
durt, kellyhound, terrence
  #5  
● 04-12-2026, 12:38 PM
Mr.NoCredit's Avatar
Mr.NoCredit
Offline:
★ Legacy Member ★
Poster Rank:110
Secret Agent
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 14,724
 
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 3036 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
18/20 17/20
Today Posts
2/11 ssss14724
Re: Rockwell Commander 114B Plane Makes Emergency Landing on I-78

This whole scene couldn’t have been more perfect especially with the location of the cam car directly behind the plane. That’s sellable news footage right there.
▲ 2 Users Say Thank You For This Post:
durt, terrence
  #6  
● 04-22-2026, 02:03 PM
LeadHead's Avatar
LeadHead
Offline:
My Rank: SERGEANT
Poster Rank:978
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 727
 
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 64 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 18/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss727
Re: Rockwell Commander 114B Plane Makes Emergency Landing on I-78

They shouldn't get it both ways... If I drove my truck onto a runway, they would have fit.
▲ This User Says Thank You For This Post:
Bezmeister
Documenting Reality Caught on Camera Plane Crashes & Aircraft Disasters Rockwell Commander 114B Plane Makes Emergency Landing on I-78
Documenting Reality Caught on Camera Plane Crashes & Aircraft Disasters Rockwell Commander 114B Plane Makes Emergency Landing on I-78


Powered by vBulletin Copyright 2000-2010 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO