JavaScript and Cookies are required to view this site. Please enable both in your browser settings.
Gas Pipeline Explosion at I-77 in Sissonville, West Virginia, December 11, 2012
Documenting Reality True Crime Related Chat & Research Strange World | Animals, Nature, Places & Oddities Gas Pipeline Explosion at I-77 in Sissonville, West Virginia, December 11, 2012

Gas Pipeline Explosion at I-77 in Sissonville, West Virginia, December 11, 2012

Current Rating:

Unlimited Views No Ads No Algorithms Lifetime Account

Documenting Reality

Community Forum · Est. 2006

Join Now
Thread Tools ▾
  #1  
● 12-13-2012, 01:02 PM
chris's Avatar
chris
Offline:
★ ★ GENERAL ★ ★
Poster Rank:37
male
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 42,216
Contributions: 35
 
Mentioned: 2271 Post(s)
Quoted: 21234 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
12/20 20/20
Today Posts
2/11 ssss42216
Gas Pipeline Explosion at I-77 in Sissonville, West Virginia, December 11, 2012

A buried natural gas transmission line ruptured and ignited beside Interstate 77 in Sissonville, West Virginia, at about 12:41 p.m. on December 11, 2012. The fire spread across the interstate and burned for close to an hour, producing towering columns of flame and smoke. Three homes were destroyed and others were damaged, but no one was killed or seriously injured.

The 20-inch Columbia Gas Transmission Corporation pipeline had been installed in 1967 and was operating at about 929 pounds per square inch. Gas flow was stopped manually more than an hour after the rupture. The line had no automatic or remotely operated shut-off valves, and the controller took more than 10 minutes to recognize the rupture. The National Transportation Safety Board determined that external corrosion caused by deteriorated coating and ineffective cathodic protection had reduced the pipe wall to about 30% of its original thickness. The agency also found that the corrosion went undetected because the line had not been inspected or tested after 1988.
gaz-0004.jpg
27.0 KB ·319 views
gaz-0003.jpg
29.0 KB ·154 views
gaz-0007.jpg
31.6 KB ·765 views
gaz-0006.jpg
44.8 KB ·302 views
tn.jpg
37.0 KB ·157 views
__________________
Support the site and our continued existance by upgrading to a Green Name
▲ 4 Users Say Thank You For This Post:
CuriousGeorge420, Faline, kellyhound, Wage
▼ PROMO FROM DOCUMENTING REALITY
Cheaper than your OnlyFans addiction
Join Now
Hidden for upgraded members.
  #2  
● 12-15-2012, 12:44 AM
CuriousGeorge420's Avatar
CuriousGeorge420
Offline:
So Fucking Banned
Poster Rank:156
Male
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 10,840
Contributions: 1
 
Mentioned: 78 Post(s)
Quoted: 8717 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss10840
Re: Gas Pipeline Explosion at I-77 in Sissonville, West Virginia, December 11, 2012

In the last pic it looks like the Highway is being hit by a huge flame thrower.
▲ This User Says Thank You For This Post:
Ksiegmund
  #3  
● 12-15-2012, 01:33 AM
Arkoquisa's Avatar
Arkoquisa
Offline:
King of East Texas
Poster Rank:361
3 legs
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 3,434
Contributions: 1
 
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 915 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 16/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss3434
Re: Gas Pipeline Explosion at I-77 in Sissonville, West Virginia, December 11, 2012

if i was driving down the road, and observed that... i would stop my truck, and start to beat off... just sayin' second to last pic is epic
  #4  
● 12-15-2012, 08:04 AM
Faline's Avatar
Faline
Offline:
My Rank: MAJOR
Poster Rank:12
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 93,062
Contributions: 239
 
Mentioned: 91 Post(s)
Quoted: 2009 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 18/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss93062
Re: Gas Pipeline Explosion at I-77 in Sissonville, West Virginia, December 11, 2012

  #5  
● 12-15-2012, 06:05 PM
Seven Of Nine's Avatar
Seven Of Nine
Offline:
de-assimilated
Poster Rank:321
Female
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 4,038
Contributions: 7
 
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 16/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss4038
Re: Gas Pipeline Explosion at I-77 in Sissonville, West Virginia, December 11, 2012

if i was driving down the road, and observed that... i would stop my truck, and start to beat off... just sayin' second to last pic is epic

I think that's kinda cool, that you enjoy fire so much you'd ...well, you know, beat off to it! I'm not being sarcastic either, it's really neat how different things turn different people on. I am personally scared to death of fire and I find what you said so opposite to what I feel I couldn't help but comment.
▲ This User Says Thank You For This Post:
Wage
  #6  
● 12-17-2012, 02:32 PM
kellyhound's Avatar
kellyhound
Offline:
✝Mudderator from Hell✝
Poster Rank:10
e-mail
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 96,599
Contributions: 901
 
Mentioned: 478 Post(s)
Quoted: 10359 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
17/20 20/20
Today Posts
6/11 ssss96599
Re: Gas Pipeline Explosion at I-77 in Sissonville, West Virginia, December 11, 2012

highway to hell
Documenting Reality True Crime Related Chat & Research Strange World | Animals, Nature, Places & Oddities Gas Pipeline Explosion at I-77 in Sissonville, West Virginia, December 11, 2012
Documenting Reality True Crime Related Chat & Research Strange World | Animals, Nature, Places & Oddities Gas Pipeline Explosion at I-77 in Sissonville, West Virginia, December 11, 2012


Powered by vBulletin Copyright 2000-2010 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO