|
#1
●
11-26-2012, 02:02 PM
|
|
Children Hunt and Eat Tarantulas in Cambodia
Boys and an adult man walked into scrub forest in Cambodia carrying a hoe and an axe, then dug into silk-lined burrows to capture tarantulas. The live spiders were placed in plastic water bottles. An adult and a boy each held up a tarantula, and one child ate a whole raw spider at the site. Tarantula hunting in Cambodia commonly involves digging the spiders from their burrows, a practice known in Khmer as aping. Whole families may take part in the hunts.
__________________ Support the site and our continued existance by upgrading to a Green Name |
|
#3
●
11-26-2012, 07:30 PM
|
|
Re: Children Hunt and Eat Tarantulas in Cambodia
When I was in culinary school I was the only student who met every one the head chefs food challenges (which basically just involved eating really nasty shit. Think Fear Factor w/o the cash). Spider lolipops are actually pretty tasty. The only insect I'd refuse to eat again would be deep fried crickets. The legs are really sharp, and it makes chewing painful
|