|
#1
●
10-04-2012, 02:54 PM
|
|
Carpenters Mill Ohio: Ghost Town That Grew Around an 1805 Mill
Carpenter's Mill developed around a mill built about 1805 on the Whetstone River, now known as the Olentangy River, in Liberty Township, Delaware County, Ohio. A post office opened in the settlement in 1832 and was discontinued in 1837. The community later became a ghost town. A later frame mill was built at the site in the 1840s, and its limestone structure dates from the 1870s. The remaining landscape includes stone bridge piers and a roofless, multistory stone mill shell with arched window openings and a tall chimney beside the river. The later structure should not be confused with either the original 1805 mill or the settlement's former post office.
__________________ Support the site and our continued existance by upgrading to a Green Name |
|
#5
●
10-04-2012, 08:15 PM
|
|
Re: Carpenters Mill Ohio: Ghost Town That Grew Around an 1805 Mill
I don't know why, but I love this forum! I found those shows they aired on TV - "Life Without People" - beyond fascinating! I could die in this forum and think I was in heaven! |
|
#10
●
10-10-2012, 09:43 PM
|
|
Re: Carpenters Mill Ohio: Ghost Town That Grew Around an 1805 Mill
You will never find me in a place like this, I am a scaredy cat par excellence when it comes to abandoned places, ghost towns, any place reported to be haunted...I can experience it vicariously by watching ghost investigation shows, but you could pay me 10 million, promise me a lifetime supply of Cadbury chocolate and make Benedict Cumberbatch my slave, I STILL wouldn't go!
|