Quoted: 49 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 13/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss285
Re: USA - Raleigh, North Carolina Shooter Kills Five

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxfantastic View Post
It is perfectly possible to say yes to your question and STILL be honest to myself. Yes, I would be outraged, but no, I would not seek the death penalty.

If the man is convicted, sentenced, and eventually executed, then subsequently found innocent of all charges, how would I live that down? Don't tell me that can't happen because it HAS happened, MANY times, and THAT is what's wrong with letting yourself be guided by your emotions. You do things you might later regret, and if our government acts in the same mercurial fashion then what separates US from the people who commit these kinds of crimes?

To a person, all of these mass shooters have let themselves be governed by their emotions and caprices, not by rational thought.
Gosh you seem led by your emotions

Old 10-22-2022, 01:04 PM
foxfantastic
Offline:
My Rank: MAJOR
Poster Rank:171

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 5534 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
14/20 16/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss8135

Quote:
Originally Posted by crice63 View Post
Gosh you seem led by your emotions
Thats not a rebuttal to what I said, so Ill assume I got my point across

Old 10-22-2022, 01:46 PM
Mr.NoCredit
Offline:
★ Legacy Member ★
Poster Rank:587
Secret Mail

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 378 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
9/20 16/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss1405

Humans are emotional creatures. There is a right and wrong in life but I do believe in the death penalty. There have been some serial killers who more than deserved the death penalty in my opinion. The level of heinous crimes they’ve perpetrated justifies them being put to death. They serve no benefit to society. That’s not an emotional response it’s simple fact.

Old 10-22-2022, 02:02 PM
foxfantastic
Offline:

Activity Longevity
14/20 16/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss8135

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.NoCredit View Post
Humans are emotional creatures. There is a right and wrong in life but I do believe in the death penalty. There have been some serial killers who more than deserved the death penalty in my opinion. The level of heinous crimes they’ve perpetrated justifies them being put to death. They serve no benefit to society. That’s not an emotional response it’s simple fact.
A fair point, but once again, the death penalty is irreversible. If an innocent person is executed, there is no way to bring them back. There should always be a 1% of a 1% doubt reserved for just that possibility.

Life in prison without parole gets these people off our streets and under the care of people equipped to supervise them. For all intents and purposes they are dead to the world. Anything beyond that is fooling ourselves that we are perfect and infallible.

Old 10-22-2022, 05:02 PM
Mr.NoCredit
Offline:
★ Legacy Member ★
Secret Mail

Activity Longevity
9/20 16/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss1405

Quote:
A fair point, but once again, the death penalty is irreversible. If an innocent person is executed, there is no way to bring them back. There should always be a 1% of a 1% doubt reserved for just that possibility.

Life in prison without parole gets these people off our streets and under the care of people equipped to supervise them. For all intents and purposes they are dead to the world. Anything beyond that is fooling ourselves that we are perfect and infallible.
I agree to some extent. Life in prison can be worse than the death penalty itself. Having to live in those conditions is surely hell on earth and especially if the person committed the crime at an early stage.
This is a conversation that could last for a long while discussing the ins and outs and all of the additional factors involved with prison and it’s inmates. I’ve got a whole lot of opinions about incarceration.

Old 10-22-2022, 05:47 PM
foxfantastic
Offline:

Activity Longevity
14/20 16/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss8135

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.NoCredit View Post
I agree to some extent. Life in prison can be worse than the death penalty itself. Having to live in those conditions is surely hell on earth and especially if the person committed the crime at an early stage.
This is a conversation that could last for a long while discussing the ins and outs and all of the additional factors involved with prison and it’s inmates. I’ve got a whole lot of opinions about incarceration.
Not necessarily hell on Earth, as we humans adapt EXCEEDINGLY well to adverse conditions. An inmate could live a reasonably comfortable existence in prison if he behaves himself, getting access to musical instruments, a personal music player, even a computer.

While victims might be outraged to hear that the person that killed their family member is lounging around with other inmates, playing basketball, watching movies, etc, you have to look at it from the prison staff's perspective. Providing incentives for good behavior engenders a semblance of order among the inmate population, maintains stress and boredom at tolerable levels. You see all those videos from Ecuador or Venezuela where the inmates just bust out and tear each other into pieces? That's what happens when you lock people up in sweltering conditions and treat them like animals.

The IMPORTANT thing is getting these dangerous elements off of our streets, off society's conscience, so the rest of us can continue to exist with some peace of mind.

Old 10-22-2022, 06:27 PM
Mr.NoCredit
Offline:
★ Legacy Member ★
Secret Mail

Activity Longevity
9/20 16/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss1405

Quote:
The IMPORTANT thing is getting these dangerous elements off of our streets, off society's conscience, so the rest of us can continue to exist with some peace of mind.
Word!

Old 10-23-2022, 12:08 AM
Pyramid_Head
Offline:
♚ Legacy Gold Member ♚
Poster Rank:92
Male

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 1636 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
7/20 17/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss15210

RIP to the victims, what a senseless crime.

Old 10-24-2022, 07:14 PM
ningem
Offline:
My Rank: LANCE CORPORAL
Poster Rank:1767

Quoted: 54 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 7/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss264

Mass shootings are a constant problem in the US.

More than 34,000 people have died in shootings in the US in 2022, more than half of which were from suicide, according to the Gun Violence Archive website.

S.S.D.D.:shootings are trending this year in usa.and why does the US have more shootings than entire europe + russia will always be a mystery!!the greatest country in the world-not.:2gunsfiring_v 1: