Contributions: 16

Mentioned: 95 Post(s)
Quoted: 3521 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
20/20 2/20
Today Posts
8/11 sssss7731
USA - Raleigh, North Carolina Shooter Kills Five

"Five people including an off-duty police officer have been shot dead with several injured in Raleigh, North Carolina, officials say.

Police say a suspect has been arrested.

The shooting occurred near the Neuse River Greenway, a popular trail on the outskirts of the state capital, the city's mayor said.

A motive is yet to be established, but Raleigh Police Lieutenant Jason Borneo said it would probably "come to bear" in the coming days.

"Tonight, terror has reached our doorstep. The nightmare of every community has come to Raleigh," North Carolina Governor Roy Cooper told a news conference.

The shooting broke out just after 17:00 EDT (21:00 GMT).

Mayor Mary-Ann Baldwin later reported that the gunman was being "contained in a residence in the area" by police.

Raleigh police then tweeted that the suspect had been taken into custody.

The gunman, a "white male juvenile", was taken into custody, Mr Borneo said.

At least two other people including another police officer were wounded and taken to hospital, the mayor said.

One victim remains in a critical condition in hospital, Lieutenant Borneo added.

Mass shootings are a constant problem in the US.

More than 34,000 people have died in shootings in the US in 2022, more than half of which were from suicide, according to the Gun Violence Archive website.

"We must stop this mindless violence in America. We must address gun violence. We have much to do, and tonight we have much to mourn," Governor Cooper said. "

Documenting Reality
g.t.jpg  

kellyhound, Mr.NoCredit, Pyramid_Head, shoelessjojackson, William May
Old 10-14-2022, 10:24 AM
v1r
Offline:
Archivist
Poster Rank:176
Beyblade
Contributions: 16

Mentioned: 95 Post(s)
Quoted: 3521 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
20/20 2/20
Today Posts
8/11 sssss7731
Re: USA - Raleigh, North Carolina Shooter Kills Five

Allegedly the shooter is a 15 year old kid.

The five dead:
- N.C., 52
- M.M., 44
- S.K., 49
- J.T., 16
- Officer G.T., 29

kellyhound, lostindisorder, Pyramid_Head, William May
Old 10-14-2022, 12:36 PM
freshlead552
Offline:
♚ Legacy Gold Member ♚
Poster Rank:3976
male

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 16/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssssss71

More people die from slipping and falling in one year in the USA. Then they do from guns.

D3ATHF3YD, eryan725, Mr.NoCredit
The Following 11 Users Said Fuck Off to freshlead552 For This Post:
crice63, dankboosh, Fordemups, iluvtori3, Jason Vegas, lostindisorder, lowbarx2, PizzaGoat, shoelessjojackson, StephyJ83, tempuria12
Old 10-14-2022, 02:02 PM
Not_real
Offline:
♚ Legacy Gold Member ♚
Poster Rank:2875

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
2/20 9/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss125

About 10 mins from me. I was on another Greenway a couple miles from there 2 weeks ago with the dog and lady. I wrestled then with the idea of bringing my .45 but left it at home. Thought who tf would harass us walking a trail in the woods around here?

The Following User Says Thank You to Not_real For This Useful Post:
William May
Old 10-14-2022, 08:09 PM
shitfly
Offline:
My Name Is Mud
Poster Rank:94
Under no sober circumstances do I sit down to pee...

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Quoted: 4953 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
2/20 14/20
Today Posts
1/11 ssss14761

Quote:
Originally Posted by freshlead552 View Post
More people die from slipping and falling in one year in the USA.
....than what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by freshlead552 View Post
Then they do from guns.
Oh, you're just stupid.

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to shitfly For This Useful Post:
1594, crice63, dankboosh, Fordemups, iluvtori3, Jason Vegas, lozzy_ash, PizzaGoat, Pyramid_Head, v1r
Old 10-14-2022, 11:17 PM
technut09
Offline:
My Rank: PRIVATE
Poster Rank:22145

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 13/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssssss2

Quote:
Originally Posted by shitfly View Post
....than what?

Oh, you're just stupid.
LOL "In 2020, the most recent year for which complete data is available, 45,222 people died from gun-related injuries in the U.S., according to the CDC. "

"According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), over one million Americans suffer a slip, trip, and fall injury and over 17, 000 people die in the U.S. annually because of these injuries."

Not even close LOL... took 5 mins to look up.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to technut09 For This Useful Post:
iluvtori3, Jason Vegas, lostindisorder, Mindcrime, William May
Old 10-15-2022, 04:25 AM
foxfantastic
Offline:
My Rank: MAJOR
Poster Rank:171

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 5535 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
14/20 16/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss8135

I'm already anticipating the litany of comments: Well, the Parkland shooter just got sentenced to life in prison for killing 17 people so they pretty much gave every prospective shooter in the country carte blanche to go ahead and do their worst because they know they are still going to live."

I just saw many of the parents reactions to the verdict, and I sincerely feel for them, but three things satisfy me that the verdict was the correct one:

1.) If the shoe was on the other foot, these same parents would be calling for leniency on behalf of their son.

2.)That whole eye for an eye bullshit is a penalty based on EMOTION, not on FACT, and the FACT is that the US has tried more than one defendant who was convicted by a jury in a court of law, was sentenced to death, suffered the excrutiating appeals process, was executed,
then later found to be innocent and posthumously pardoned. What kind of fucking remedy is THAT?

One is already too much; more than one is beyond the pale. Who the fuck are WE to determine who should live or die? Does that make us any better than Nikolas Cruz, who did the EXACT same thing? We are fucking better than that.

The problem of Nikolas Cruz has been solved; he is no longer a threat to society and he will pay for his crimes for the rest of his life with those two devastating words: "What if......"

3.) The onus is not on the jurors, the judge, the lawyers to protect us from other mass shooters; THAT responsibility falls on the shoulders of law enforcement and our elected officials.

I was greatly encouraged that many of the parents who felt slighted by this verdict mentioned that they would continue to pursuie efforts to make schools safer for future generations. THAT is a beautiful thing; THAT is a phoenix rising from the ashes.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to foxfantastic For This Useful Post:
eryan725, Fordemups, Jason Vegas, lostindisorder, lowbarx2, touo1
The Following 2 Users Said Fuck Off to foxfantastic For This Post:
crice63, shoelessjojackson
Old 10-15-2022, 05:09 AM
William May
Offline:
♚ Legacy Gold Member ♚
Poster Rank:152
Male

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 2576 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
11/20 16/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss9391

Quote:
Originally Posted by technut09 View Post
LOL "In 2020, the most recent year for which complete data is available, 45,222 people died from gun-related injuries in the U.S., according to the CDC. "

"According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), over one million Americans suffer a slip, trip, and fall injury and over 17, 000 people die in the U.S. annually because of these injuries."

Not even close LOL... took 5 mins to look up.
Maybe he was counting them as people who got shot AND THEN fell down?

The Following User Says Thank You to William May For This Useful Post:
iluvtori3
The Following Users Say Fuck Off To This Post By William May:
ObamaPhones666
Old 10-15-2022, 06:09 AM
kellyhound
Offline:
✝Mudderator from Hell✝
Poster Rank:11
Contributions: 753

Mentioned: 380 Post(s)
Quoted: 6467 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
16/20 20/20
Today Posts
11/11 ssss77623

N. C, 52, was a “caregiver” who left a job in human resources to care for her mother after she had a stroke, her husband told.

She always knew how to "take charge of everything" in order to help her loved ones, he said, his voice heavy with emotion.

He said his wife always made sure “I took care of myself” and went to doctor appointments.

Click image for larger version

Name:	nc.jpg
Views:	533
Size:	126.1 KB
ID:	1121142

M.M, 35 was set to be married in two weeks. Now, her wedding day will turn into a celebration of life ceremony, her sister said.

M.M was a navy vet, and a beloved sister and aunt who was planning to marry her fiancé on Oct. 29.

She spent four years in the Navy stationed in California, but also spent time in Asia, including Japan, her sister said. After serving, she got a degree in pastry arts. She was also an office manager for a small chiropractic office in Raleigh.

Name:	mm.jpg
Views:	525
Size:	101.5 KB
ID:	1121143

S. K, 49 was a dedicated runner, a marathoner, an ultra-marathoner. She has run the Boston Marathon several times, and several other marathons around the country. She loves to run along that Neuse River trail, which is where she was when she was attacked.

She was a school psychologist by training, although she hadn’t worked as one in recent years. She kept her certification up to date, just having renewed her credentials not long ago.

Name:	s.k.jpg
Views:	528
Size:	671.9 KB
ID:	1121144

G.J.T, 29, served as a Marine for 4 years and was an off-duty officer at the time of the shooting and was on his way to way to begin his shift when he was shot dead.

Name:	g.t.jpg
Views:	520
Size:	33.8 KB
ID:	1121145

The suspect is A. T, 15, who also killed one of the victims being his brother J. T, 16.

Name:	jamesandaustin.jpg
Views:	520
Size:	118.6 KB
ID:	1121146

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to kellyhound For This Useful Post:
arsonist_1, iluvtori3, lostindisorder, lowbarx2, Mr.NoCredit, Not_real, Pyramid_Head, shoelessjojackson, thedetective, v1r
Old 10-15-2022, 08:42 AM
freshlead552
Offline:
♚ Legacy Gold Member ♚
Poster Rank:3976
male

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 16/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssssss71

If you take away suicide from the gun death stats which is about half every year. You're more likely to slip and fall and die, than be shot and killed by a gun.

Mr.NoCredit
The Following 5 Users Said Fuck Off to freshlead552 For This Post:
crice63, Fordemups, Jason Vegas, lostindisorder, PizzaGoat