Poster Rank:127

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Quoted: 6465 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
19/20 8/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss10222
Unlicensed Driver Kills 4 in Car Crash

A 29 year old man has been charged over a horror crash in Sydney that killed a heavily pregnant woman, her unborn twins, and a teenage learner driver.

Richard Moananu, 29, has been charged with two counts of manslaughter after the car he was driving collided with a Nissan driven by a 17-year-old learner driver.

The teenager and a heavily pregnant Katherine Hoang, died at the scene. (The teenager was her sister)

Katherine was seated in the backseat of the Nissan, and her two unborn twin babies - who were due to be born within weeks - were also killed in the collision.

Along with the manslaughter charges, Moananu has been charged with a string of other offences including aggravated dangerous driving occasioning grievous bodily harm.

He has also been charged with two counts of aggravated dangerous driving occasioning death, cause bodily harm by misconduct, driving unlicensed and two counts of negligent driving occasioning death.

He remains under place guard in Westmead hospital, where he is in a stable condition.

Emergency services were called to Northern Road near Glenmore Parkway at Orchard Hills at 7.45pm Friday night.
NSW Police said a Mazda, driven by Mr Moananu, was travelling south when it collided with a Nissan driven Anh Hoang in the opposite direction.

Katherine's husband, Bronco, was the front passenger in the car and has been taken to Westmead Hospital in a critical condition where he was placed in an induced coma.

Two other vehicles were involved, one driver an 18-year-old in a Holden utility, sustained minor facial injuries. Another 23-year-old woman was uninjured.

Mr Moananu was trapped in his car following the crash and, after being cut from the vehicle, was transported to Westmead Hospital in a critical condition - where he remains under police guard.

The impact of the crash was so forceful that both cars were crushed beyond recognition, into cubes of mangled steel and shattered glass.

NSW Ambulance acting inspector Joe Ibrahaim told 9NEWS he has never seen a crash scene like it.
"This is probably one of the worst scenes I have been to in my career," he said.

"One (man) has limb injuries, a pelvic injury and a head injury, the other one also has a head injury and has been put into an induced coma by our medical team."

Witness Jarrad Sherlock was one of the first people on the scene and immediately offered assistance to the Hoang family.
"The crash was so bad, I was just looking - I literally had to look for people in the car," he told 9NEWS.

"I was just telling (the driver) everything was going to be okay, trying to reassure her.
"I don't even know if she could hear me, because she was dropping in and out of consciousness."

Two other vehicles were also hit in the collision but none of their occupants were injured.
Officers from Nepean Police Area Command attended and established a crime scene.

The road will be closed while it is examined by officers attached to the Metropolitan Crash Investigation Unit.

A report will be prepared for the coroner.

Pregnant wife, husband and her little sister.

The unliscensed driver who will be charged with 10 counts of negligence.

Crash site

Click image for larger version

Name:	D59_DFA2_A_2_FD8_48_CC_B8_B0_28_D319_B220_BE.jpg
Views:	164
Size:	99.8 KB
ID:	805806
Crash site

https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/amp....6-ddb372a788c2

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Flapmon For This Useful Post:
chris, Druss, Jordana, kellyhound, Nickola, William May
Old 09-30-2018, 07:40 AM
alyjo07