JavaScript and Cookies are required to view this site. Please enable both in your browser settings.
Tour Guide Wrestles with 10ft Python

Tour Guide Wrestles with 10ft Python

Current Rating:

Unlimited Views No Ads No Algorithms Lifetime Account

Documenting Reality

Community Forum · Est. 2006

Join Now
Thread Tools ▾
  #1  
● 04-14-2013, 03:56 PM
Faline's Avatar
Faline
Offline:
My Rank: MAJOR
Poster Rank:12
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 93,128
Contributions: 226
 
Mentioned: 91 Post(s)
Quoted: 2009 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 18/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss93128
Tour Guide Wrestles with 10ft Python

A family of four’s tranquil canoe tour of the Florida Everglades turned into a jungle adventure when their guide jumped out of the boat and wrestled a 10-and-a-half foot Burmese python.

Tommy Owens, 26, and fellow guide Warren Wortman, were taking the parents and two young girls along the river when one of the family members spotted the snake.

‘I just launched on it – ambushed it like any other predator out here,’ said Tommy, from Everglades Adventure Tours.

It was not until Tommy got to grips with the python that he realised how big it was.

‘That’s when I found out he was stronger than I was, and much bigger than I thought he was,’ Owens told NBC2.

‘I didn’t even realise it was 10 feet…I thought it was definitely bigger than me, but didn’t realise it was three times the size of my own arms.

‘We were kind of doing like a snake ju-jitsu. He’d get a coil around one arm and my other arm would uncoil him and that arm would get coiled.

‘At one point he was literally wrapped around both of my arms, I was literally handcuffed to the snake.

Tommy said the only thing in his head was ‘just to thrash and bash’.

That technique worked and eventually the snake loosened up and got tired. With Warren’s help, it was eventually subdued and euthanised.

Despite describing it as ‘pretty standard’ event, Mr Owens said the snake wrestle was the highlight of the family’s holiday.

Warren added: ‘Tommy’s always been a wild man’.

The species aren’t native to the area, but there are now an estimated 150,000 of them in the Everglades and the authorities see them as a threat to native wildlife. The state even sponsored a month-long amateur hunt earlier this year.

‘They kill our native species, and this is our home, I’d rather our native species feed here,’ said Tommy.

The pair turned the dead snake over to the Big Cypress National Preserve, where it will be tested.
Click here to remove ›
6.28 MB ·416 views DownloadMember
▲ 3 Users Say Thank You For This Post:
Darkest Angel, gatagato, kellyhound
▼ PROMO FROM DOCUMENTING REALITY
Real Amateur Street Fighting Videos
View Now
Hidden for upgraded members.
  #2  
● 04-14-2013, 04:07 PM
Konglomo's Avatar
Konglomo
Offline:
My Rank: LANCE CORPORAL
Poster Rank:2205
Male
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 215
 
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss215
Re: Tour Guide Wrestles with 10ft Python

Steve Irwin was a terrible influence on my generation. I can't say I wouldn't do the same thing.
▲ 2 Users Say Thank You For This Post:
candymosh, Darkest Angel
  #3  
● 04-14-2013, 04:16 PM
Viking64's Avatar
Viking64
Offline:
★Wizard Of Gore★
Poster Rank:2
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 127,894
Contributions: 1
 
Mentioned: 457 Post(s)
Quoted: 30201 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
17/20 17/20
Today Posts
5/11 sss127894
Re: Tour Guide Wrestles with 10ft Python

I'm staying in the fucking car, thanks.
  #4  
● 04-15-2013, 01:51 AM
Darkest Angel's Avatar
Darkest Angel
Offline:
Born in the USA
Poster Rank:127
100% female
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 12,876
Contributions: 1
 
Mentioned: 81 Post(s)
Quoted: 1799 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss12876
Re: Tour Guide Wrestles with 10ft Python

Steve Irwin was a terrible influence on my generation. I can't say I wouldn't do the same thing.
Agreed!! I caught a snake today. Always like to give my family a show. Of course it was just a garter snake!
  #5  
● 04-15-2013, 07:39 AM
kellyhound's Avatar
kellyhound
Offline:
✝Mudderator from Hell✝
Poster Rank:10
e-mail
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 96,642
Contributions: 817
 
Mentioned: 476 Post(s)
Quoted: 10343 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
17/20 20/20
Today Posts
11/11 ssss96642
Re: Tour Guide Wrestles with 10ft Python

150,000 of them now. wow
  #6  
● 04-15-2013, 10:34 AM
ices
Offline:
So Fucking Banned
Poster Rank:337
Male
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 3,852
 
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 750 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 17/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss3852
Re: Tour Guide Wrestles with 10ft Python

err what?

He jumped out of the boat, wrestled with it, lost the fight because he is a stupid cunt and then had it put down.


Ok, did I miss something here? Why was it put down.
  #7  
● 04-15-2013, 06:43 PM
Pie's Avatar
Pie
Offline:
My Rank: FIRST SERGEANT
Poster Rank:378
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 3,163
 
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 882 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 17/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss3163
Re: Tour Guide Wrestles with 10ft Python

Fuck that, I'd pass out just at the sight of that thing.
  #8  
● 04-17-2013, 12:59 AM
FredFlintstone's Avatar
FredFlintstone
Offline:
My Rank: CORPORAL
Poster Rank:1264
Male
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 491
 
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 17/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss491
Re: Tour Guide Wrestles with 10ft Python

The twat should've just left it in the river, he just wanted to show off...and now is gloating like he's some kind of hero because he's protected other species. The guy is talking shite
  #9  
● 04-17-2013, 02:32 PM
Hobbslefthand's Avatar
Hobbslefthand
Offline:
My Rank: STAFF SERGEANT
Poster Rank:879
Malevolent
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 863
 
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 228 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 17/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss863
Re: Tour Guide Wrestles with 10ft Python

Ok, did I miss something here? Why was it put down.
Illegal immigrant.
The alligators are saying "Day dook'r derbs!"
  #10  
● 04-17-2013, 02:47 PM
candymosh's Avatar
candymosh
Offline:
My Rank: MAJOR
Poster Rank:190
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 8,081
 
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 17/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss8081
Re: Tour Guide Wrestles with 10ft Python

err what?

He jumped out of the boat, wrestled with it, lost the fight because he is a stupid cunt and then had it put down.


Ok, did I miss something here? Why was it put down.
invasive species


Powered by vBulletin Copyright 2000-2010 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO