Go Back  

The State of Louisiana Erasing Confederate History 

Current Rating:

Join NowJoin Now
 
  #21  
Old 05-24-2017, 04:00 AM
GODISNOTGREAT's Avatar
GODISNOTGREAT
Offline:
It's all good.
Poster Rank:238
Join Date: Aug 2013
 
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Quoted: 1977 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 9/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss4023
Re: The State of Louisiana Erasing Confederate History

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayhouse View Post
Nobody is rewriting history. They're just emphasizing the fact that those rednecks of the confederacy LOST the Civil War. Not the "war of northern aggression", but the Civil War. They never should've been able to commemorate or celebrate their losing heritage in the first place.
Robert E Lee wasnt fighting to preserve slavery. When Lincoln offered him a position as General in the Union Army he declined, because he wasnt going to bear arms against his own country (in those days the states were essentially considered a persons country). He chose to fight for Virginia because he was a Virginian, as did most Confederates. You would pick up a gun too and fight off people that were coming down into your state to annex your land. Most confederates didnt own slaves - they were defending their home. This whole "confederates are evil" bullshit shows how some people lack an understanding of history.

__________________
【=◈︿◈=】
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to GODISNOTGREAT For This Useful Post:
wmbondurant
  #22  
Old 05-24-2017, 10:18 AM
TheVrist's Avatar
TheVrist
Offline:
Poster Rank:72
dude
Join Date: Jan 2010
Contributions: 1
 
Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Quoted: 6613 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
18/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss15554
Re: The State of Louisiana Erasing Confederate History

The United states isn't theoretically one country. We're a union of states. History of each states has a story to tell. This totalitarian bullshit people root on is more depressing than seeing homage to slave traders, mostly because totalitarianism lead to far more deaths and oppression than the entire history of slavery.

I grew up on the gulf-coast.Rebel flags and statues all over the place. I never once seen black folks pass by any of them and flop out in some sort of emotional fit of rage and despair over them. In fact, you're just as much a likely chance to see some back-woods blacks running around with rebel flag license plates on the front of the vehicles, or those sun-blinders in the rear cab windows, as you would some redneck white dude.

it wasn't southern blacks that even gave a shit about any of it. It wasn't until WHITE transplant social justice idiots not even from the south stuck their noses in inciting movements against the whole ordeal, probably in hopes to get more points for their perpetual virtue signaling.

To me, it isn't at all about taking down statues and history that represents "hate" or "white supremacy" it's about people dictating to entire communities what they should love, and what traditional values they should want to preserve according to some moral handbook fabricated by emotional twats that make irrational decisions.

I just wonder if these SJW assholes seeping into the political spectrum of LA. will move north a few miles and tear down one of Louisiana's largest plantations, now a state funded museum, that was owned by a freed BLACK WOMAN.

__________________
leaving people pounding their refresh button circa 2010.
Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to TheVrist For This Useful Post:
lesslis2015, Nasty Nuggets, Oswald2001, wmbondurant
  #23  
Old 05-24-2017, 10:29 AM
TheVrist's Avatar
TheVrist
Offline:
Poster Rank:72
dude
Join Date: Jan 2010
Contributions: 1
 
Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Quoted: 6613 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
18/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss15554
Re: The State of Louisiana Erasing Confederate History

Quote:
Originally Posted by GODISNOTGREAT View Post
Robert E Lee wasnt fighting to preserve slavery. When Lincoln offered him a position as General in the Union Army he declined, because he wasnt going to bear arms against his own country (in those days the states were essentially considered a persons country). He chose to fight for Virginia because he was a Virginian, as did most Confederates. You would pick up a gun too and fight off people that were coming down into your state to annex your land. Most confederates didnt own slaves - they were defending their home. This whole "confederates are evil" bullshit shows how some people lack an understanding of history.

That's because contrary to what the few here have said in defense of taking monuments down, they have already been rewriting history.

It starts by omitting certain elements, and then it moves on to closing the gaps of the omitted things to create one bastardized narrative. So essentially they don't need to actually "rewrite" history, but with so much removed that are vital for context, it can create an entirely different narrative.

__________________
leaving people pounding their refresh button circa 2010.
Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to TheVrist For This Useful Post:
Creepy, GODISNOTGREAT, lesslis2015, Oswald2001, wmbondurant
The Following Users Say Fuck Off To This Post By TheVrist:
Krob2017ny
  #24  
Old 05-24-2017, 11:50 AM
GODISNOTGREAT's Avatar
GODISNOTGREAT
Offline:
It's all good.
Poster Rank:238
Join Date: Aug 2013
 
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Quoted: 1977 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 9/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss4023
Re: The State of Louisiana Erasing Confederate History

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVrist View Post
That's because contrary to what the few here have said in defense of taking monuments down, they have already been rewriting history.

It starts by omitting certain elements, and then it moves on to closing the gaps of the omitted things to create one bastardized narrative. So essentially they don't need to actually "rewrite" history, but with so much removed that are vital for context, it can create an entirely different narrative.
Yeah, and once they get what they want, theyll only want more. And where does it end? Lets just tear down all the great plantations while were at it. Who needs to visit places like Monticello or Shirley Plantation anyways? Theres a monument of Andrew Jackson in DC. Guess that needs to come down. Also, dont forget George Washington. Lets get his ass off the dolla bill. This is so ridiculous. I hope New Orleans realizes what it has done to its city and puts that shit back up. That shit wont fly here in Richmond. Outside my window here on Monument Avenue is in plain view Jeb Stuart, and a block down, Robert E Lee. Remove them and its just another city.

__________________
【=◈︿◈=】
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GODISNOTGREAT For This Useful Post:
TheVrist, wmbondurant
  #25  
Old 05-24-2017, 07:39 PM
shoelessjojackson's Avatar
My Rank: FIRST SERGEANT
Poster Rank:343
MAN
Join Date: Jul 2010
 
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quoted: 1304 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
2/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2487
Re: The State of Louisiana Erasing Confederate History

Well hey, where's Trump when you need him?

Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 05-24-2017, 07:42 PM
shoelessjojackson's Avatar
My Rank: FIRST SERGEANT
Poster Rank:343
MAN
Join Date: Jul 2010
 
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quoted: 1304 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
2/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2487
Re: The State of Louisiana Erasing Confederate History

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVrist View Post
The United states isn't theoretically one country. We're a union of states. History of each states has a story to tell. This totalitarian bullshit people root on is more depressing than seeing homage to slave traders, mostly because totalitarianism lead to far more deaths and oppression than the entire history of slavery.

I grew up on the gulf-coast.Rebel flags and statues all over the place. I never once seen black folks pass by any of them and flop out in some sort of emotional fit of rage and despair over them. In fact, you're just as much a likely chance to see some back-woods blacks running around with rebel flag license plates on the front of the vehicles, or those sun-blinders in the rear cab windows, as you would some redneck white dude.

it wasn't southern blacks that even gave a shit about any of it. It wasn't until WHITE transplant social justice idiots not even from the south stuck their noses in inciting movements against the whole ordeal, probably in hopes to get more points for their perpetual virtue signaling.

To me, it isn't at all about taking down statues and history that represents "hate" or "white supremacy" it's about people dictating to entire communities what they should love, and what traditional values they should want to preserve according to some moral handbook fabricated by emotional twats that make irrational decisions.

I just wonder if these SJW assholes seeping into the political spectrum of LA. will move north a few miles and tear down one of Louisiana's largest plantations, now a state funded museum, that was owned by a freed BLACK WOMAN.

No one is saying you can't have a flag, a license plate or a statue on your property or homes. But these are all federal government buildings

Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 05-24-2017, 09:10 PM
TheVrist's Avatar
TheVrist
Offline:
Poster Rank:72
dude
Join Date: Jan 2010
Contributions: 1
 
Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Quoted: 6613 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
18/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss15554
Re: The State of Louisiana Erasing Confederate History

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoelessjojackson View Post
No one is saying you can't have a flag, a license plate or a statue on your property or homes. But these are all federal government buildings
Ah! Okay. Let's cut trees down in all state parks. They were used by evil whitey to hang em, and sheit.

__________________
leaving people pounding their refresh button circa 2010.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to TheVrist For This Useful Post:
Oswald2001
  #28  
Old 05-24-2017, 09:12 PM
TheVrist's Avatar
TheVrist
Offline:
Poster Rank:72
dude
Join Date: Jan 2010
Contributions: 1
 
Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Quoted: 6613 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
18/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss15554
Re: The State of Louisiana Erasing Confederate History

But hey! The totalitarian said we're allowed to have trees in our yards.


Thanks totalitarian! You decided for an entire city what they're allowed to have in their fucking yard.

__________________
leaving people pounding their refresh button circa 2010.
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TheVrist For This Useful Post:
lesslis2015, Oswald2001
  #29  
Old 05-24-2017, 10:41 PM
shoelessjojackson's Avatar
My Rank: FIRST SERGEANT
Poster Rank:343
MAN
Join Date: Jul 2010
 
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quoted: 1304 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
2/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2487
Re: The State of Louisiana Erasing Confederate History

Quote:
Originally Posted by GODISNOTGREAT View Post
Robert E Lee wasnt fighting to preserve slavery. When Lincoln offered him a position as General in the Union Army he declined, because he wasnt going to bear arms against his own country (in those days the states were essentially considered a persons country). He chose to fight for Virginia because he was a Virginian, as did most Confederates. You would pick up a gun too and fight off people that were coming down into your state to annex your land. Most confederates didnt own slaves - they were defending their home. This whole "confederates are evil" bullshit shows how some people lack an understanding of history.
The only post that makes sense in this entire thread

Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 05-28-2017, 04:04 AM
shoottokill's Avatar
shoottokill
Offline:
My Rank: SERGEANT MAJOR
Poster Rank:215
roneluv
Join Date: Sep 2009
 
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 665 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 16/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss4795
Re: The State of Louisiana Erasing Confederate History

Government buildings and property shouldn't be honoring confederate history in any capacity. This is the United states of america, and any confederate representation is an attack on the meaning of the US flag and what it stands for, and the democratic process that brought us to where we are. U lost the civil war...take your loser memorabilia to the basement of your home and mull over some southern hick bullshit. They arent patriots, in the era of jim crow and slavery and oppression we shouldnt be honoring them on any government level. Take your unpatriotic ass to the basement and go post up your bigoted flag of hate.

Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to shoottokill For This Useful Post:
shoelessjojackson

Powered by vBulletin Copyright 2000-2010 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO