Contributions: 118

Mentioned: 92 Post(s)
Quoted: 2840 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
2/20 12/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss21938
Mom Bullies Boy Who Bullied Son on School Bus

<object width="420" height="245" id="msnbc7651d" classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" codebase="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=10,0,0,0"><param name="movie" value="http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/32545640" /><param name="FlashVars" value="launch=49103973&amp;width=420&amp;height=24 5" /><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always" /><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" /><param name="wmode" value="transparent" /><embed name="msnbc7651d" src="http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/32545640" width="420" height="245" FlashVars="launch=49103973&amp;width=420&amp;heigh t=245" allowscriptaccess="always" allowFullScreen="true" wmode="transparent" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.adobe.com/shockwave/download/download.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash"></embed></object><p style="font-size:11px; font-family:Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; color: #999; margin-top: 5px; background: transparent; text-align: center; width: 420px;">Visit NBCNews.com for <a style="text-decoration:none !important; border-bottom: 1px dotted #999 !important; font-weight:normal !important; height: 13px; color:#5799DB !important;" href="http://www.nbcnews.com">breaking news</a>, <a href="http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/3032507" style="text-decoration:none !important; border-bottom: 1px dotted #999 !important; font-weight:normal !important; height: 13px; color:#5799DB !important;">world news</a>, and <a href="http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/3032072" style="text-decoration:none !important; border-bottom: 1px dotted #999 !important; font-weight:normal !important; height: 13px; color:#5799DB !important;">news about the economy</a></p>

A Florida mother who faces child abuse charges after a school bus brawl was caught on camera says she has no regrets about going after a teenager she says was bullying her son.

"I mean, I really, honestly can't say I won't do it again," Felecia Phillips, 35, of Bunnell, Fla., told NBC Orlando affiliate WESH.com of Wednesday morning's fight. "I just wanted him to leave my son alone, you know? What's the problem?"

The trouble began on Tuesday, according to Phillips, when her 15-year-old son, Terez Smith, got beat up at Flagler Palm Coast School by a friend of the teen she confronted on the bus, 17-year-old Justin Mickens.

Worried about her son's safety, Phillips decided to accompany Smith on Wednesday to the bus stop. Before the students even got on the bus, Phillips and Mickens began to argue, and Phillips pushed the teen, witnesses told deputies. Phillips believes Mickens was behind the attack on her son.

"Words kept going back and forth or whatever, and he called me out," Phillips said. "And I smooshed him in his face or whatever."

Mickens slammed Phillips to the ground as the bus arrived, deputies said. Phillips then allegedly followed him onto the bus, grabbing his hair as the bus driver yelled that she needed to get off the bus and other students tried to stop the brawl.

"She chased me on the bus and pulled me by the back of my head," Mickens told WESH.com. "I don't even talk to her son. I don't even hang around him ... None of that ain't true."

Phillips was arrested and charged with child abuse and trespassing on school property. Her bond was set at $2,500.

After paying bond, she told Florida's News4Jax.com she felt Mickens got what he deserved.

"That's what they need; a good old-fashioned whooping," she said. "We're not able to do that because we end up in jail-- child abuse charges."

Mickens is not currently facing any charges, Debra Johnson, a spokeswoman for the Flagler County Sheriff's Office, told NBC News on Thursday. When he pushed Phillips, he was acting in self-defense in the deputies' opinions, she said.

Phillips' son, Smith, defended what she did.

"I feel great about it because I know a lot of people wish they had a mom that had their back," he told News4Jax.com. "Some parents, when you tell them, they just ignore it."

Smith is just looking to get an education, Phillips told 10 News in Tampa, and she didn't feel bad about confronting the boy who was "messing" with her son.

"I don't want anybody picking on him, and messing with him. Leave my son alone," Phillips said. "He's not looking for trouble. I don't even raise my kids that way. He's not messing him, why are you messing with him? So no, I don't regret it."

The Flagler County School District discouraged other parents from dealing with bullying in the fashion that Phillips chose to.

"While we encourage parents to be involved in their students' education, we don't encourage parents to go onto buses. Buses are really for students only; parents are certainly welcome to speak to bus drivers through the window, through the door, but they shouldn't come on buses to handle incidents like that," Mike Judd, senior director of school operations for Flagler County public schools, told NBC News on Thursday.

"If there's a problem they either need to contact law enforcement or school administration, but they should not take matters into their own hands," he said, adding he didn't know if Phillips had reached out to authorities prior to Wednesday's altercation.

Attached Images

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to diamondsmiles For This Useful Post:
Dynamo47, Pyramid_Head
Old 09-20-2012, 03:52 PM
InbredMidget
Offline:
So Fucking Banned
Poster Rank:1301

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 11/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss298
Re: Mom Bullies Boy Who Bullied Son on School Bus

Gutter trash.

Old 09-20-2012, 11:33 PM
diamondsmiles
Offline:
★ Legacy Member ★
Poster Rank:39
Female

Activity Longevity
2/20 12/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss21938

She looks like Whitney Houston without makeup and fake hair.

Too soon?

The Following User Says Thank You to diamondsmiles For This Useful Post:
pyromancer555
Old 09-20-2012, 11:52 PM
Bean88
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:47

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Quoted: 2756 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 11/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss19836
Why does this not surprise me.

The Following User Says Thank You to Bean88 For This Useful Post:
diamondsmiles
Old 09-21-2012, 12:48 AM
pyromancer555
Offline:
★ Legacy Member ★
Poster Rank:93
Male
Contributions: 2

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 3323 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
2/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss11860

Saw this on the news today and was thought "what the hell is wrong with some people."

Old 09-21-2012, 01:38 AM
diamondsmiles
Offline:
★ Legacy Member ★
Poster Rank:39
Female

Activity Longevity
2/20 12/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss21938

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bean88 View Post
Why does this not surprise me.

I have to admit I would be tempted to do the same, but, I'd get fined and arrested, too, and I should know better.

Actually, I do know better, but, I would be tempted ;)

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to diamondsmiles For This Useful Post:
Bean88, Dynamo47, Megamel29, pyromancer555
Old 09-21-2012, 03:13 AM
TheCapn
Offline:
My Rank: SERGEANT
Poster Rank:887
Male

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss545

She had a point "He just needed a good ass whooping"

The Following User Says Thank You to TheCapn For This Useful Post:
diamondsmiles
Old 09-21-2012, 06:54 AM
Dynamo47
Offline:
My Rank: MASTER SERGEANT
Poster Rank:396
Male

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 11/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss1901

I actually can understand why the mother did what she did. Bullying sucks and if the school isn't going to do something about it I can understand her doing something. He seemed like an arrogant punk so I can totally see him picking on the other kid.

While it is sad to have to think like this; better the mom to rough him up a little than to have her son bring a gun to the bus stop and end the bullying permanently.

The Following User Says Thank You to Dynamo47 For This Useful Post:
diamondsmiles
Old 09-21-2012, 10:29 AM
chefbob09
Offline:
My Rank: MASTER GUNNERY SERGEANT
Poster Rank:255
Male

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 328 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss3584

i love how when bullies get whats coming to them they all fucking take up the i am a vctim roll, should of thrown this fucktard out of a moving bus

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to chefbob09 For This Useful Post:
diamondsmiles, Dynamo47
Old 09-21-2012, 01:03 PM
juliemd
Offline:
Hey, Ass-butt!
Poster Rank:392
female

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 16/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss1921

She appears to have liver problems, or Hep C with those yellow eyes.

The Following User Says Thank You to juliemd For This Useful Post:
diamondsmiles