Poster Rank:4662

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
2/20 18/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssssss45
Re: At Least 2 Dead, 20 Injured when Part of Hard Rock Hotel Collapses

I guess one of the bodies is exposed, found some pics online...

Your Source For Death Pictures and Death Video
C3A77013-73DC-412B-9B8D-B14DC365743E.jpeg  

F28CEC61-C78D-44D7-A20E-22B6BF48B980.jpeg  

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to elnutty For This Useful Post:
kellyhound, Overlord86, wmSgt
Old 01-23-2020, 05:48 PM
wmSgt
Offline:
My Rank: PRIVATE
Poster Rank:9220
Female

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
2/20 1/20
Today Posts
1/11 sssssss13

I just read an article in the news about the bodies being able to be seen due to windy conditions that moved a tarp that was covering them. It said some pictures had been taken.
I was hoping that someone found some pics and posted them.
Thanks elnutty!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to wmSgt For This Useful Post:
elnutty, kymbrooke, Overlord86
Old 01-23-2020, 08:31 PM
My Rank: MASTER GUNNERY SERGEANT
Poster Rank:297
MAN

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quoted: 1812 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
16/20 15/20
Today Posts
11/11 sssss3403

But wait weren’t they wearing hard hats and safety equipment?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to shoelessjojackson For This Useful Post:
elnutty, kellyhound, Overlord86
Old 01-26-2020, 03:28 AM
kymbrooke
Offline:
My Rank: PRIVATE
Poster Rank:7237

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 2/20
Today Posts
1/11 sssssss21

Quote:
Originally Posted by elnutty View Post
I guess one of the bodies is exposed, found some pics online...
A new tarp has been placed at the site of the partially-collapsed Hard Rock Hotel to cover the remains of one of the dead workers trapped under the rubble.

A photo of the new tarp in place was taken by WWL-TV reporter Danny Monteverde on Wednesday afternoon, showing it next to the previous one that blew away in the wind.

New Orleans Fire Department Chief Tim McConnell said crews are using heavier ropes than what was used previously, and they're also working to replace other tarps that had rips and tears.

The new tarp comes after graphic photos circulated on social media showing the legs of a dead worker, Quinnyon Wimberly, sticking out from under a mound of rubble on the 11th floor. The collapse killed Wimberly and two other workers and injured dozens more.

Wimberly's body is difficult to see with the naked eye from the street, but with a zoom lens, his legs are visible.

The public learned about the missing tarp Tuesday when local author Jules Bentley tweeted a photo of the exposed body.

Officials said the tarp was in place Monday, so it must have blown away overnight.

McConnell said New Orleans officials learned about the missing tarp Tuesday. Wimberly's family reached out to officials when the social media posts gained traction, he said, and the city began devising a plan to get tarps back in place.

Mayor LaToya Cantrell's administration previously said the location of Wimberly's remains complicated efforts to replace the tarp, which McConnell reiterated Wednesday. Crews reportedly found new areas of collapse in places they previously used to place the original tarp.

"It is a challenge, to say the least," McConnell said. "Our firefighters are preceding with extreme caution to make a bad situation better."

The original tarp was placed days after experts blew up two cranes that were left leaning after the collapse.

Wimberly's body, as well as the body of Jose Ponce Arreola, who fell from the top of the 18th-story structure and officials believe is buried under the rubble, will be recovered after the building is imploded, McConnell said. The latest iteration of the plan calls for a controlled implosion shortly after Mardi Gras, which is Feb. 25.

"We've kept the family informed of that," McConnell said. "We've had experts from every field that we can find, and no one has been able to present a safe plan to do it. I wish there was a better way. I wish we could have given these families closure much sooner."

The Following User Says Thank You to kymbrooke For This Useful Post:
kellyhound