Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 74 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
2/20 9/20
Today Posts
1/11 ssssss158
Kentucky High School Shooting Leaves 2 Dead, 17 Injured

https://patch.com/kentucky/across-ky...veloping-story

BENTON, KY — A 15-year-old student armed with a handgun opened fire at Marshall County High School in Benton, Kentucky, shortly before 8 a.m. Tuesday, leaving at two students dead and 17 others wounded, Kentucky Gov. Matt Bevin said at an afternoon news conference. The accused shooter, a male, was not injured when he was apprehended, Bevin said.

Of the 19 individuals who were injured, 14 were shot, Bevin said. One of the students, a 15-year-old girl, died at the scene, and a 15-year-old boy died later at the hospital, he said. The shooting at the western Kentucky high school was the first fatal school shooting of 2018.

The suspect, who wasn't named, will be charged with murder and attempted murder, authorities said.

"He was apprehended by the sheriff's department here on site, at the school, thankfully before any more lives could be taken," Lt. Michael Webb, public affairs commander for the Kentucky State Police, said at the news conference.

Police did not describe a motive, but Webb said detectives are looking into his home and background.

The student opened fire about 7:57 a.m., and authorities found the 15-year-old girl dead when they arrived shortly after 8a.m.

"It's a tragic day for all of us," State Police Commissioner Rick Sanders said. "I would just assure you of one thing: We in law enforcement will do our job and do it well, and we will pray for the families that are affected."

Authorities did not disclose the suspect's name or the names of any of the victims. More information will be released as the investigation continues, authorities said. They believe the suspect acted alone.

In a statement earlier Tuesday, Bevin encouraged "people to love on each other at this time."

"This is a tremendous tragedy and speaks to the heartbreak present in our communities," he said. "It is unbelievable that this would happen in a small, close-knit community like Marshall County."

Students were just reporting to their first classes of the morning when the shooter opened fire.

Terrified students "were busting down the gates and fences just to get out," Shea Thompson, 26, of Benton, whose teenage siblings were inside the school when the shooting started, told NBC News.

"I'm distraught from all of it. I couldn't really focus driving home. I was shaking a lot driving back to my house. I'm still shaking," junior Greg Rodgers told the network. He arrived at school to see students racing from the building and toward a main road.

Students at the high school were bussed to North Marshall Middle School, where their parents were told to pick them up. They were not asked not to contact emergency dispatch officials or the board office. Students are secure, according to media reports.

The Marshall County Tribune-Courier reported that a student inside the school this morning heard shots ring out and saw two injured. Students ran from the scene and were eventually locked inside classrooms. The newspaper says parents were told not to try and pick up students from the school. As of 10 a.m. the school remained on lockdown. Two helicopters landed at the school.

Republican State Sen. Danny Carroll, who attended the school, called the shooting "horrific."

"I was heartbroken to hear of this horrific incident in Benton," he said in a statement. "Marshall County High School is my alma mater and that of many of my friends and family, many of whom still have children attending. This is a sad time for our close-knit community in Marshall County and my thoughts and prayers are with all those affected by this senseless tragedy."

The FBI said on Twitter that it was assisting with responding to the shooting.

National PTA President Jim Accomando extended his condolences to the victims and their families, and said families and policymakers at all levels need to work together to prevent gun violence in schools and create a safe environment for children.

"Any act of violence at a school or involving children and youth is intolerable," Accomando said. "And no parent should fear for the safety of their child every time they leave home."

Marshall County is about 174 miles southwest of Louisville and about 20 miles southeast of Paducah. Marshall High School has about 1,400 students.

The school shooting was the second in as many days. A school shooting in Italy, Texas, Monday left a 15-year-old female student at the school injured and a 16-year-old male in police custody. The victim was taken by helicopter to a Dallas hospital. The suspect was apprehended within minutes of the shooting, Italy city officials said in a statement.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Coreym07 For This Useful Post:
Azimuth, Jordana, kellyhound, rrrp, William May
Old 01-24-2018, 01:56 PM
flyflicker123
Offline:
My Rank: SERGEANT
Poster Rank:730
male

Quoted: 111 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 14/20
Today Posts
1/11 ssssss794
Re: Kentucky High School Shooting Leaves 2 Dead, 17 Injured

Just take the shooter out back and put a round in his head..We don't need to spend millions to figure out why he did it..Its done..and then spend millions while he's in jail bettering himself on my dime. Ill volunteer to be the executioner...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to flyflicker123 For This Useful Post:
Coreym07, William May
Old 01-24-2018, 09:52 PM
niknik
Offline:
My Rank: MAJOR
Poster Rank:72
Conservative OG

Mentioned: 254 Post(s)
Quoted: 7198 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
4/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss14685

I think it's a given now days, lock your guns up, especially if you have kids.

Because I'm sure most if not all parents who's child went on to murder his classmates, didn't see that coming.

Old 01-25-2018, 01:19 AM
xuaeded
Offline:
My Rank: PRIVATE FIRST CLASS
Poster Rank:3997

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssssss54

Thad thuckth.

Old 01-25-2018, 02:40 AM
kellyhound
Offline:
✝Mudderator from Hell✝
Poster Rank:7
Contributions: 515

Mentioned: 110 Post(s)
Quoted: 2623 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
19/20 20/20
Today Posts
11/11 ssss68547

Quote:
Vanderbilt University Medical Center spokeswoman Kristin Smart says a female patient at the children's hospital in Nashville, Tennessee, was released Wednesday afternoon.

She was taken there a day earlier after a student opened fire at Marshall County High School in southwestern Kentucky.

Smart said three male patients in Vanderbilt's adult hospital were upgraded to stable condition, but one remains in critical but stable condition.

President Donald Trump says he's spoken with Kentucky Gov. Matt Bevin on Wednesday, a day after a deadly shooting at a high school there.

In a tweet, Trump says his thoughts and prayers are with the two slain students, their families and all others who were injured.

Bailey Nicole Holt and Preston Ryan Cope, both 15, were killed and another 18 people were injured when a classmate opened fire Tuesday morning at Marshall County High School in southwest Kentucky.

White House press secretary Sarah Sanders says Trump has directed the Department of Justice to "make the recent crime wave a top priority."

___

1:30 p.m.

Prosecutors won't yet seek attempted murder charges against the 15-year-old suspect in a deadly shooting spree at a Kentucky high school and will charge him with first-degree assault for now.

Assistant Marshall County Attorney Jason Darnall told reporters Wednesday that the 15-year-old boy will face 12 counts of first-degree assault instead of attempted murder because they feel they have a better case for those charges right now. Darnall pointed out that the penalties for first-degree assault are the same as for attempted murder.

The teen will also face two counts of murder.

Bailey Nicole Holt and Preston Ryan Cope, both 15, were killed and another 18 people were injured when a classmate opened fire Tuesday morning at Marshall County High School in southwest Kentucky.

___

11:25 a.m.

The mother of one of the students killed in the Kentucky school shooting says her daughter was a "perfect sweet soul."

Secret Holt told KFVS she appreciates "all the prayers" and support. She says the "horrific act of violence" at Marshall County High School that claimed her daughter's life is "just unbearable" for her family.

Bailey Nicole Holt and Preston Ryan Cope, both 15, were killed and another 18 people were injured when a classmate opened fire Tuesday morning in the school's atrium.

Your Source For Death Pictures and Death Video
victims.jpg  

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to kellyhound For This Useful Post:
Azimuth, Bletch, Helicocker, Jordana
Old 01-29-2018, 02:59 PM
My Rank: PRIVATE FIRST CLASS
Poster Rank:4196
Female
Contributions: 9

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 6/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssssss50

Here is the shooter. He is 15 year old, Gabe Parker.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to TrueCrimeJunkie77 For This Useful Post:
Azimuth, Bletch, kellyhound, rrrp, shitfly, spudigitti
Old 01-30-2018, 11:40 AM
spudigitti
Offline:
His Royal Highness
Poster Rank:33
man up bitches
Contributions: 1

Mentioned: 68 Post(s)
Quoted: 10497 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
19/20 7/20
Today Posts
11/11 ssss27299

How big, in relation to the numbers of students, and to the size of a campus is a highschool in an average American city

Old 02-05-2018, 07:14 PM
Photoframework
Offline:
My Rank: PRIVATE
Poster Rank:12615
F

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 2/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssssss6

That’s so odd.. I’m a band kid at my high school and would never attempt to shoot anyone and I’m sure no one else in the band would either. In most schools band is inclusive and welcoming. I can’t imagine why he would go and shoot so many people if he had such a stable group of friends behind him.

Old 02-05-2018, 08:00 PM
niknik
Offline:
My Rank: MAJOR
Poster Rank:72
Conservative OG

Mentioned: 254 Post(s)
Quoted: 7198 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
4/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss14685

Quote:
Originally Posted by Photoframework View Post
That’s so odd.. I’m a band kid at my high school and would never attempt to shoot anyone and I’m sure no one else in the band would either. In most schools band is inclusive and welcoming. I can’t imagine why he would go and shoot so many people if he had such a stable group of friends behind him.