Poster Rank:3583

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 17/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssssss83
Re: CNN Is Not News

This is largely due to the fact that Trump is remaining silent and any press they could possibly give to Biden would be bad press.

KelleyHound: The thing I don't like about most survey's is they gather information purely on raw emotion & opinion rather than data. There have been a lot of studies & survey's about bias in media but I haven't found one that appears as honest and comprehensive as the Trump's first 100 days in office study done by Harvard Shorenstein Center.

As irony would have it, they found Fox News was the most even-handed on overall tone of coverage 52% negative / 48% positive.

Old 05-04-2021, 05:49 PM
WonderMomma
Offline:
Recovering Misanthrope
Poster Rank:670
Lady, lady, lady... lady powers.
Contributions: 12

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 446 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
10/20 14/20
Today Posts
1/11 sssss1109

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert Rat View Post
Clear your cookies, web cache, and advertising ID. That should reset a lot of what you see initially.
Absolutely. These online "sources" (news and social media) know more about us than we know about ourselves. It's actually quite disturbinig.

Desert Rat
Old 05-04-2021, 06:21 PM
WonderMomma
Offline:
Recovering Misanthrope

Activity Longevity
10/20 14/20
Today Posts
1/11 sssss1109

Rhetorical.

What I don't understand is if you don’t like FOX and/or CNN... why actively seek out that kind of information when you KNOW it’s not going to be reliable. Even if one side is less inaccurate than the other… one inaccuracy or lie is all it takes for me to write someone or something off. They are all repeat offenders. This is so counterproductive and you're only going to drive yourself mad.

Anyone with a brain will clearly see what's going on and not buy into the bullshit on ALL sides. Turn the fucking channel and delete the apps from your phone. You don't have to be republican or democrat, left, right or even very smart to see it as blatant as it is.

Use common sense. You aren’t going to shrivel up and die if you don’t choose your version of the lesser of two evils.

To me, continually "checking up" on these biased sources that clearly don't have ANY of our individual or collective best interests in mind is again, counterproductive, brings on unnecessary stress and a waste of time. No one person is going to single handedly change these organizations and it certainly isn’t going to change overnight.

You don't HAVE to be up to date on absolutely every incident happening in the country. Especially on things don't DIRECTLY affect you. If you feel the need for that, perhaps you should seek therapy or some sort of enlightenment for your control issues. Overcoming that problem for me personally, was the absolutely pivotal turning point in my life. No more worrying about what ifs in the future or things from the past that cannot be changed. Living in the moment is a freedom I wish every human being could experience.

I prefer to be unaware of most things that have absolutely no bearing on my ability to survive in life, rather than be continuously bent over and gang raped with lies, innuendo and half-truths of some other opinionated human being(s). Listening to any of those things, that do not affect your ability to breathe, eat, live, and love your family... and that you ultimately cannot do a god damn thing to change... is just insanity, imo.

Desert Rat
Old 05-04-2021, 09:11 PM
Desert Rat
Offline:
pbuh
Poster Rank:1371
C21-H30-O2
Contributions: 9

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 92 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss376

Quote:
Originally Posted by WonderMomma View Post
Absolutely. These online "sources" (news and social media) know more about us than we know about ourselves. It's actually quite disturbinig.
I should have mentioned that to OP earlier, but didn't think about it. I do most of my online activity using a gecko browser that allows tracker blocking (sorry DR, but it is MY processor being used after all[nb4 it takes more processing to block trackers than run them....i know, i block them on principle]).

Quote:
Originally Posted by WonderMomma View Post
Rhetorical.

What I don't understand is if you don’t like FOX and/or CNN... why actively seek out that kind of information when you KNOW it’s not going to be reliable. Even if one side is less inaccurate than the other… one inaccuracy or lie is all it takes for me to write someone or something off. They are all repeat offenders. This is so counterproductive and you're only going to drive yourself mad.

Anyone with a brain will clearly see what's going on and not buy into the bullshit on ALL sides. Turn the fucking channel and delete the apps from your phone. You don't have to be republican or democrat, left, right or even very smart to see it as blatant as it is.

Use common sense. You aren’t going to shrivel up and die if you don’t choose your version of the lesser of two evils.

To me, continually "checking up" on these biased sources that clearly don't have ANY of our individual or collective best interests in mind is again, counterproductive, brings on unnecessary stress and a waste of time. No one person is going to single handedly change these organizations and it certainly isn’t going to change overnight.

You don't HAVE to be up to date on absolutely every incident happening in the country. Especially on things don't DIRECTLY affect you. If you feel the need for that, perhaps you should seek therapy or some sort of enlightenment for your control issues. Overcoming that problem for me personally, was the absolutely pivotal turning point in my life. No more worrying about what ifs in the future or things from the past that cannot be changed. Living in the moment is a freedom I wish every human being could experience.

I prefer to be unaware of most things that have absolutely no bearing on my ability to survive in life, rather than be continuously bent over and gang raped with lies, innuendo and half-truths of some other opinionated human being(s). Listening to any of those things, that do not affect your ability to breathe, eat, live, and love your family... and that you ultimately cannot do a god damn thing to change... is just insanity, imo.
You're right and I agree....but WE CAN'T. I can't get too elaborate with my description right now, and your post deserves a well-written response, so I will hit you up later with an explanation of why that is so. The gist is that social media has evolved to prey upon our underlying psychological and cultural processes. You are correct when you say that our technology knows what we want better than we do ourselves (or our spouses, friends, even enemies). The human organism is entirely hackable and we don't even know what we did to ourselves. What a grand experiment we've all partaken on!

The Following User Says Thank You to Desert Rat For This Useful Post:
WonderMomma
Old 05-05-2021, 12:33 AM
WonderMomma
Offline:
Recovering Misanthrope

Activity Longevity
10/20 14/20
Today Posts
1/11 sssss1109

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert Rat View Post
I should have mentioned that to OP earlier, but didn't think about it. I do most of my online activity using a gecko browser that allows tracker blocking (sorry DR, but it is MY processor being used after all[nb4 it takes more processing to block trackers than run them....i know, i block them on principle]).

You're right and I agree....but WE CAN'T. I can't get too elaborate with my description right now, and your post deserves a well-written response, so I will hit you up later with an explanation of why that is so. The gist is that social media has evolved to prey upon our underlying psychological and cultural processes. You are correct when you say that our technology knows what we want better than we do ourselves (or our spouses, friends, even enemies). The human organism is entirely hackable and we don't even know what we did to ourselves. What a grand experiment we've all partaken on!
Thanks. I look forward to reading your response. Not sure if you’ve noticed but I’m fairly open to various opinions when they are intellectually sound and not forced down my throat. Lol.

I appreciate your approach to things in general based on what I’ve seen from you in the last few weeks. Finding people to have an actual civil and healthy conversation about touchy subjects is near impossible. But I am always open to see other perspectives with said people.