Poster Rank:273

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 1949 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
6/20 7/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss3408
Bus Driver Dies After Being Set on Fire

A 48-year-old man was arrested at the scene and a murder investigation is underway.

Mr Stewart said six passengers on the bus were taken to hospital suffering smoke inhalation and minor injuries.

He paid tribute to the heroic actions of a taxi driver who saw what was happening on the bus and kicked in the rear door of the burning bus, allowing them to escape.

While we don't know the actual motives at this stage, I want to reassure the community that we take these incidents very seriously and that is why, as a precaution, officers from the State Security and Counter Terrorism Group have also been involved in this investigation,' he told reporters.

' I want to assure you that there is no evidence at this time of any linkage to terrorist-type activities and certainly that has not become evident through the ongoing investigations that have occurred.'

He added: ' We do not believe at this stage that there is any evidence linking this to a racial complaint or concern by either of the people involved.'

Mr Stewart appealed to anyone who might have footage of the attack to come forward.

Taxi driver Aguek Nyok, who kicked out the back door of the bus as it stood burning at a busy Moorooka bus stop, is being hailed a hero for saving passengers, including children and their terrified mothers.

Earlier Veteran police Superintendent Jim Keogh said the scene that confronted officers was nothing short of horrific.

Mr Nyok was walking past the bus stop when the fire erupted. He immediately took action and starting kicking in a rear door.

'Unfortunately, I couldn't go inside because of the smoke, you couldn't even think of going in. The fire was just getting higher and higher,' he told the ABC.

'The fire was substantial, he would have stood little chance,' Supt Keogh told reporters.

'Words escape me. It's a horrific incident ... a bus driver going about his business and helping the community has had his life taken in what is a senseless and needless act.'

Queensland Premier Annastacia Palaszczuk said this week had been one of tragedy for Queensland, with the attack on the driver coming just a few days after four people died on a ride at Dreamworld on the Gold Coast.

The thoughts of all Queenslanders were with the victim's family, she told reporters.

The attack has left other Brisbane bus drivers reeling, with one calling for strike action to address all-too-common assaults in the workplace.

Craig Brown, who also drives Brisbane City Council busses, told AAP he's still receiving counselling after being attacked on the job by an ice addict in November.

'Today has really shaken me up. It's just rattled me to my core' he said.

Earlier on Facebook, he expressed anger at the lack of action on 'the never ending violence that we drivers face daily'.

'It's time we as collective made a stand took strike action Australia wide. I believe the line has been drawn in the sand it's a point of no return,' he wrote.

Just four weeks ago, the Queensland government announced a wide-ranging review into bus driver safety after pressure from drivers and the Rail Tram and Bus Union.

In announcing the review, Transport Minister Stirling Hinchliffe said there had been more than 350 assaults on bus drivers across the state in the previous six months.

The review is due to report back to the government by March next year.

Bus driver who died.

Man who kicked doors in to save passengers.

Man accused of setting bus driver on fire, called him a loner, also has mental issues.

Click image for larger version

Name:	e8cc5355cd30002e823b303b76f33588.jpg
Views:	143
Size:	66.3 KB
ID:	709885

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Flapmon For This Useful Post:
Boogie Man, FunkPumpkin, Illusion, kellyhound
Old 10-30-2016, 01:31 PM
Flapmon
Offline:
My Rank: MASTER GUNNERY SERGEANT

Activity Longevity
6/20 7/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss3408
Re: Bus Driver Dies After Being Set on Fire

Apologies if I messed up. :P

Old 10-31-2016, 07:30 AM
Desensitisation
Offline:
My Rank: SERGEANT MAJOR
Poster Rank:221

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 543 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss4564

I'm going to bet a tenner that fat white fuck there took one look at the bus driver and thought, "Fuck me, a terrorist!"

The Following User Says Thank You to Desensitisation For This Useful Post:
commondenom
Old 10-31-2016, 09:27 AM
FunkPumpkin
Offline:
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Poster Rank:279
Contributions: 9

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 684 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 11/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss3312

That doughy white fuck looks a lot older than 48!

Lemme guess, history of EToH abuse? That'll age ya' prematurely, at least it does in the hardcore alcoholics I've known.

The hero is a pretty scary looking dude. I wouldn't want to mess with him, but kudos to him for acting quickly and saving lives.

AWealls
Old 11-01-2016, 01:10 AM
Flapmon
Offline:

Activity Longevity
6/20 7/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss3408

Apparently he also walked into a police station and tried to do suicide by cops?

Old 11-02-2016, 03:33 AM
kellyhound
Offline:
✝Mudderator from Hell✝
Poster Rank:7
Contributions: 549

Mentioned: 131 Post(s)
Quoted: 2891 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
18/20 20/20
Today Posts
8/11 ssss69991

Quote:
Alleged murderer Anthony Mark Edward O’Donohue yesterday appeared in Brisbane Magistrates Court and was remanded in custody on 13 charges.

His lawyer said O’Donohue, 48, was “numb” and had given no explanation for the “heinous” and senseless attack at a Moorooka bus stop on Friday.

Neighbour and friend Andrea Urch told that O’Donohue abruptly ceased contact with her and others in his community housing building a year ago and she saw his behaviour change in recent months.

“I only just mentioned to my neighbour (recently) about how erratic Anthony has been lately, and the rants he has been on,” Ms Urch said.

“He never had any friends or family come (to his home) and he would avoid questions but after a few drinks he would start to get opinionated and you could see he had certain issues.”

Ms Urch said the 48-year-old often referred to his former job at Queensland Rail where he was an accountant, but was secretive about other aspects of his life.

“Anthony was of the personality you knew not to probe or ask questions.”

Ms Urch said she classed O’Donohue “as a friend”.

“We were close neighbours. He has been (living) here four years,” she said of the building managed by Compass Housing Services Co which is about 150 metres down Beaudesert Road from where Mr Sharma died.

“We would sit on the steps outside (and chat),” she said.

Ms Urch said O’Donohue “withdrew” and stopped speaking to all of his neighbours in his Moorooka unit block.

“He was in denial or didn’t like to admit (he had a problem) because he was an educated man. He was opinionated. You could just tell that he had trouble accepting that he did have an issue. It was like a fall from grace, that was my opinion.”

Ms Urch said O’Donohue was also “well supported” by a mental health case manager until recently.

“I must say I’m shocked and horrified,” she said.

Another neighbour Hana Kassa said O’Donohue “was a nice person’'.

‘‘He was a peaceful person.’’
He recently stopped taking medicine.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kellyhound For This Useful Post:
Flapmon, FunkPumpkin, Illusion
Old 11-02-2016, 11:17 AM
Flapmon
Offline:

Activity Longevity
6/20 7/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss3408

The bus drivers parents also didn't know he was dead, even as his brother flew in to take his body back home.