Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 3/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssssss5
Australian Woman Walks Free After Assaulting Infant Daughter

Hi all,

I write this, blood-boiling, as it clearly demonstrates the spineless justice system of the brown land I call home.

30-08-17
Lorien Norman, 26, of Adelaide (AUS) has been handed down a suspended ten-month sentence after pleading guilty to 'aggravated causing harm with intent to cause harm'. This is an offence which generally carries a potential maximum sentence of thirteen years.

The concise circumstances are:
- Police are dispatched to property as female occupant is threatening to throw her infant daughter (then eight months old) from the balcony
- Police arrive and find infant with some quite severe bruising - both are transported to hospital
- Mother initially states that Evie had "sustained a fall at play gym a day or so earlier"
- Examining Paediatrician calls bullshit and determines that Evie had been dealt eight separate blows, resulting in bruising across her small body
- Mother back flips and admits to it
- 'Judge' sees fit to suspend the sentence entirely as "(Evie's) physical injuries are likely to completely resolve", and furthermore "I am impressed by the measures you have undertaken towards rehabilitating yourself both as a person and a parent"

I apologise that this isn't as in-depth as I would've liked - dealing with a flaky internet connection.

Links attached below. Please note the court transcript is on PAGE 8 of the final link.

Peace

http://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/rea...ee6e4f303feedf

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-n...shing-11132621

http://www.courts.sa.gov.au/Sentenci...s/default.aspx

Your Source For Death Pictures and Death Video
images-35.jpg  

images-33.jpg  

The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Calium For This Useful Post:
-NocturnalPulse-, Azimuth, BBKF, FunkPumpkin, Jordana, kellyhound, Oswald2001, Pyramid_Head, SLAPAPPY, Steve 1, U2Addict, Zambini
Old 09-09-2017, 09:28 AM
Meridian
Offline:
My Rank: SERGEANT
Poster Rank:791
Female

Quoted: 265 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 5/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss723
Re: Australian Woman Walks Free After Assaulting Infant Daughter

Having read the full statement from the judge, there's a lot more going on with this woman - a history of abuse towards her, rape, a personality disorder, mental illness, alcohol addiction. She's lost custody of her two daughters, rightly so. This was one terrible incident which she'd never done anything like before. She's making steps to rehabilitate herself in order that she may have contact with her kids again one day.

I'm not in any way condoning what she did. It's awful. But I don't see how jailing this woman helps. It's not like she was a serial abuser like other cases. She's lost her kids now and that's right and fair and she has a criminal record for life.

Also, she's likely to be hated and ousted socially also as a result of this, again rightly so. I don't see how jail courtesy of the taxpayer helps.

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Meridian For This Useful Post:
BBKF, Calium, Carach Angren, dcaccount22, mangold, SalemSaberhagen, spudigitti, the martyr, Xfactor
The Following 7 Users Said Fuck Off to Meridian For This Post:
Eldiablo72, HelloNurse!, indybob, kkw1811, lozzy_ash, missmayhem, zhazoo
Old 09-09-2017, 03:13 PM
Oswald2001
Offline:
★ Legacy Member ★
Poster Rank:87

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Quoted: 3351 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
9/20 16/20
Today Posts
1/11 ssss12810

A bullet to the head is much cheaper than further legal action and/or the cost of prolonged incarceration.

The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Oswald2001 For This Useful Post:
Caf002, Carach Angren, Eldiablo72, Heisenburg, KittYPaws, mrm1109, Paupercool1, Pyramid_Head, ride, Shecallsmedaddy, tbone79, zhazoo
The Following 2 Users Said Fuck Off to Oswald2001 For This Post:
mangold, SalemSaberhagen
Old 09-09-2017, 05:52 PM
FunkPumpkin
Offline:
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Poster Rank:279
Contributions: 9

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 684 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 11/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss3324

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meridian View Post
Having read the full statement from the judge, there's a lot more going on with this woman - a history of abuse towards her, rape, a personality disorder, mental illness, alcohol addiction. She's lost custody of her two daughters, rightly so. This was one terrible incident which she'd never done anything like before. She's making steps to rehabilitate herself in order that she may have contact with her kids again one day.

I'm not in any way condoning what she did. It's awful. But I don't see how jailing this woman helps. It's not like she was a serial abuser like other cases. She's lost her kids now and that's right and fair and she has a criminal record for life.

Also, she's likely to be hated and ousted socially also as a result of this, again rightly so. I don't see how jail courtesy of the taxpayer helps.
I say sterilize her and call it even. That way she can never do this again.

Azimuth, BBKF, beepboop, Caf002, dcaccount22, Desensitisation, keefgan, lozzy_ash, missmayhem, monkeyblitzkrieg, Paupercool1, spudigitti, tbone79, woodsetton, zhazoo
Old 09-09-2017, 05:53 PM
-NocturnalPulse-
Offline:
My Rank: MASTER SERGEANT
Poster Rank:406
NIGHTBRINGER

Quoted: 222 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
3/20 10/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss1985

She looks like a crack whore, the stupid cunt.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to -NocturnalPulse- For This Useful Post:
Carach Angren, indybob, keefgan, Paupercool1, tbone79, Tini
Old 09-10-2017, 05:53 AM
kellyhound
Offline:
✝Mudderator from Hell✝
Poster Rank:7
Contributions: 551

Mentioned: 136 Post(s)
Quoted: 2944 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
16/20 20/20
Today Posts
11/11 ssss70276

Quote:
Mr McMahon claims Norman had just found out about a new relationship he was in and he believes the attack was done with a view of getting back at him.

The attack also occurred on the anniversary of the day of his father’s death from cancer, a time of year his former partner knew he found particularly upsetting, Mr McMahon said.

“She knew that I had gotten a new partner, she knew that it was my dad’s anniversary, and she did that to Evie,” he said.

On the day of the assault, police officers knocked on McMahon's door asking if he knew where Norman was.

“A few hours later I had a phone call from major crime scene detectives saying Evie was at hospital with life-threatening injuries,” Mr McMahon said.

“I rocked up there and she (Evie) was just beside herself. All she wanted to do was have a bottle. They couldn’t console her and as soon as she got into my arms she just went quiet.”

“All she wanted was a bottle but she couldn’t even drink it because she was so bruised and could barely open her mouth. It was horrible.”

Mr McMahon said he planned to fight the decision and was meeting with his lawyer next week to see what could be done to appeal it.
Rehabilitated or not, i would never trust her being around my kids or any other kids for that matter. You can't fully cure evilness imo.
She had a troubled past but that's not an excuse for what she did and shouldn't influence a sentence. The 13 years max is way over the top for things like this imo but she should do time for a year or so plus rehabilitation and should never be allowed to see her kids alone till their 18 when they can defend themselves.

The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to kellyhound For This Useful Post:
-NocturnalPulse-, BBKF, Calium, Carach Angren, dcaccount22, FunkPumpkin, indybob, Jordana, Largactil, spudigitti, summer34, tbone79
Old 09-10-2017, 09:41 AM
spudigitti
Offline:
His Royal Highness
Poster Rank:33
man up bitches
Contributions: 1

Mentioned: 73 Post(s)
Quoted: 10840 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
13/20 8/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss27953

Ya fukk knows what's going through her head huh !!
Thanks to God the authorities and the dad have the child now !!
The woman can prove herself to be worthy one day of some long distance relationship between the two though !!

beepboop
Old 09-10-2017, 12:08 PM
IEatOrgans
Offline:
So Fucking Banned
Poster Rank:630

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 584 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 2/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss1010

Why is it always the beautiful women who hurt or kill their children?

The Following 3 Users Said Fuck Off to IEatOrgans For This Post:
360gunnings, Shecallsmedaddy, Steve 1
Old 09-10-2017, 03:11 PM
zhazoo
Offline:
My Rank: PRIVATE FIRST CLASS
Poster Rank:2977
Male

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 16/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssssss89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meridian View Post
But I don't see how jailing this woman helps.
Jailing her would help society, the very people she'd harm. I gladly pay my taxes to house certain people from being allowed in a law abiding society. Laws are not meant to deter people, they are there to punish.

This cunt should not only be incarcerated, but stripped of her ability to produce offspring until society can accept her back into it.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to zhazoo For This Useful Post:
Eldiablo72, indybob, kkw1811
Old 09-10-2017, 06:48 PM
mrm1109
Offline:
My Rank: STAFF SERGEANT
Poster Rank:707
Lady
Contributions: 2

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 213 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 13/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss864

No excuse for this! I've dealt with abuse, addiction and mental illness in the past. Hurting my kids has never crossed my mind. I agree with the bullet to the head comment.

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to mrm1109 For This Useful Post:
-NocturnalPulse-, divreaper, Eldiablo72, indybob, LittleMouse, NurseBettie, Steve 1, tbone79, Wren
The Following Users Say Fuck Off To This Post By mrm1109:
SalemSaberhagen