Activity Longevity
16/20 17/20
Today Posts
11/11 ssss13318
Re: Afghanistan - Two Explosions at Kabul Airport

Quote:
Originally Posted by William May View Post
Hey, John Wayne!
Trumps withdrawal was NOT going to be like this, huh?
Exactly how was HIS withdrawal going to be ANY different?
With only 3000 troops in place, just HOW would it have been different?
Against 100,000 Taliban, half of them wearing explosive vests?
Say Biden had pissed them off - What then?

Have you seen the videos on this site, showing various nations pilots chained in cages, sprayed with gasoline and set on fire?
Say out of the 3000 troops we have there, there were 500 lucky survivors.
Ready for the video of the day as they are burned to death, one by one, day after day, until they are all dead? That will be VERY popular on the National News.
Then they could start on captured American civilians.
Doctors, women, little kids. They are all the same to the Taliban, just rats to be exterminated.
HOW THE FUCK DID YOU THINK THIS WAS GOING TO END?
It could have ended TWO ways.
A. One way is we don't flex our muscles, (BECAUSE WE DON'T HAVE ANY MUSCLE THERE!) the Taliban leaves us alone to evacuate everyone (which is largely DONE now, by the way. They say there are less than 1000 Americans left in Afghanistan, and since they haven't been able to reach them via computer email, telephone calls, or calls to where they are supposed to be living, they aren't even sure if the number is actually THAT high. Many could have left already.) and also move thousands of Afghan involvees (People that worked for us). We get OUT by August 31st, and no problem.

B. We flex the muscle we don't have (My next door neighbor, who is an A-10 crew chief, told me yesterday that we have NO A-10s left in Afghanistan AT ALL!)
The Taliban get incensed. Or maybe only 1/3rd of them get incensed. The leaders hold back 2/3rds of their followers, telling them to toe the line. But that still leaves the 1/3rd who want to see dead Americans. So they attack the Kabul airport, and in 3 hours, the fighting is over with.
The transport aircraft there are destroyed, they capture between 500 and 1000 surviving U.S. Soldiers, and there are NO FURTHER EVACUATIONS of ANY KIND.
ALL the involvees are trapped, ALL the remaining Americans are now hostages, and the executions, burnings, and shootings begin.

The collapse of Afghanistan DID NOT start when Biden announced the immediate withdrawal. It has been going on for a MONTH NOW. By last week, 75% of Afghanistan had been taken by the Taliban.

Now, smart guy, if YOU are Biden, what will you do? Do the best you can in a really bad and dangerous situation?
That's what Biden did. He got the situation resolved as good as he could, with a minimum number of deaths, and a maximum number of recovered soldiers, citizens and involvees.

I know what Trump would have done. He would have royally fucked the entire situation up with his huge mouth and tiny brain, pissed off the Afghans, left thousands dead in Kabul, and would not have saved ANYONE.

THAT'S WHAT YOUR TRUMP WOULD HAVE DONE.

Luckily, Biden did what was required, did NOT flex our non-existent muscles, and has successfully moved nearly everyone out of Kabul. We may not get everyone out, but we sure got most of them.

I am thinking of starting up a "Trump Corps". These would be heavily-armed Americans who think they know how to fight the Taliban, and they would be air-dropped into Afghanistan to teach those Afghans a lesson.
Good luck with that!
Really? A *wall of text and ANGRY CAPS too? I am blessed.

Shut the fuck up and take your meds, you unhinged fucktard.

*Didn't read any of it, btw. Fume more.

The Following User Says Thank You to Moloko For This Useful Post:
Sentinel
The Following Users Say Fuck Off To This Post By Moloko:
William May
Old 08-29-2021, 02:53 PM
William May
Offline:
♚ Legacy Gold Member ♚
Poster Rank:187
Male

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 1712 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
13/20 16/20
Today Posts
2/11 sssss6894

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moloko View Post
Really? A *wall of text and ANGRY CAPS too? I am blessed.

Shut the fuck up and take your meds, you unhinged fucktard.

*Didn't read any of it, btw. Fume more.
The only ones who need meds are the Trumpies, fuming about leaving Afghanistan.

Didn't hear a word from them when we left Syria.

Old 08-30-2021, 01:12 AM
niknik
Offline:
My Rank: MAJOR
Poster Rank:80

Mentioned: 261 Post(s)
Quoted: 8206 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
5/20 16/20
Today Posts
1/11 ssss16653

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bratislava View Post
The Democrats are already labelling this a mostly peaceful bombing
I saw that. And they're reporting that the deceased shouldn't be looked at as victims. It's just bodies. Blowing up bodies isn't even a crime. And compared to a black drug dealer wanted for sexual assault getting harassed by racist police, a little blown apart bodies isn't a big deal.

Old 08-30-2021, 01:28 AM
niknik
Offline:
My Rank: MAJOR
Poster Rank:80

Mentioned: 261 Post(s)
Quoted: 8206 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
5/20 16/20
Today Posts
1/11 ssss16653

Quote:
Originally Posted by William May View Post
The only ones who need meds are the Trumpies, fuming about leaving Afghanistan.

Didn't hear a word from them when we left Syria.
I didn't hear Biden or the Democrats saying before the withdrawal.

"We don't think this is a good idea, or will be very smooth, but Trump made a deal and we have to stick to it".

No they played it up as their plan, their blueprint, and their timeline. And they had it all figured out.

And it turns into a complete disaster and of course, blame Trump.

It's so stupid to pretend like there was nothing that could prevent this. Nobody could have done anything differently to make the withdrawal go any better.

You're delusional. A whole fucking lot could have been done. Mainly keeping Bagram until we left. Or even drone strikes on Taliban convoys. Or, whatever the hell the military experts on the ground suggested, not the military personnel appointed in leadership positions by politicians. Which I'm positive wasn't what happened.

There was nothing stopping Biden from having 20,000 American troops leadership the withdrawal from our own protected city.

There was nothing stopping Biden from sending in special forces to eliminate Taliban abilities.

Maybe if Trump was president it would be worse, or better, or the same. I bet if it was the same what you'd have to say would be different.

You're exactly what you bash on. You're no different. All that matters to you is which party is on which side. So you know what to think.

The Following Users Say Fuck Off To This Post By niknik:
William May
Old 08-30-2021, 07:46 AM
Bratislava
Offline:
My Rank: CORPORAL
Poster Rank:1299
Erase the Sixth Commandment

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 128 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
4/20 9/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss382

Quote:
Originally Posted by niknik View Post
I saw that. And they're reporting that the deceased shouldn't be looked at as victims. It's just bodies. Blowing up bodies isn't even a crime. And compared to a black drug dealer wanted for sexual assault getting harassed by racist police, a little blown apart bodies isn't a big deal.
Sobering isn’t it? The fascism of political correctness strikes again.

Old 08-30-2021, 07:48 AM
Bratislava
Offline:
My Rank: CORPORAL
Poster Rank:1299
Erase the Sixth Commandment

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 128 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
4/20 9/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss382
Re: Afghanistan - Explosions at Kabul Airport

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1r View Post
obama did 9/11
Jet fuel can’t JFK the moon landing.

The Following User Says Thank You to Bratislava For This Useful Post:
v1r
Old 08-30-2021, 09:46 AM
William May
Offline:
♚ Legacy Gold Member ♚
Poster Rank:187
Male

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 1712 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
13/20 16/20
Today Posts
2/11 sssss6894

Quote:
Originally Posted by niknik View Post
I didn't hear Biden or the Democrats saying before the withdrawal.

"We don't think this is a good idea, or will be very smooth, but Trump made a deal and we have to stick to it".

No they played it up as their plan, their blueprint, and their timeline. And they had it all figured out.

And it turns into a complete disaster and of course, blame Trump.

It's so stupid to pretend like there was nothing that could prevent this. Nobody could have done anything differently to make the withdrawal go any better.

You're delusional. A whole fucking lot could have been done. Mainly keeping Bagram until we left. Or even drone strikes on Taliban convoys. Or, whatever the hell the military experts on the ground suggested, not the military personnel appointed in leadership positions by politicians. Which I'm positive wasn't what happened.

There was nothing stopping Biden from having 20,000 American troops leadership the withdrawal from our own protected city.

There was nothing stopping Biden from sending in special forces to eliminate Taliban abilities.

Maybe if Trump was president it would be worse, or better, or the same. I bet if it was the same what you'd have to say would be different.

You're exactly what you bash on. You're no different. All that matters to you is which party is on which side. So you know what to think.
I'm delusional? I don't think so. Biden has never even mentioned that Trump signed the original departure agreement. He hasn't blamed Trump or spoken one word Trump's involvement in this. He just took the situation over and is dealing with it.

Where would we have gotten the forces to attack Taliban convoys? There are only 3000 people left, and they are all in Kabul. On top of that, there WERE no Taliban convoys. The Taliban was completely stunned by the rapid gains they made, and had no plans for an instant war. I think a British Journalist (John Pile or John Pier or something) who is in phone contact with the Taliban leaders (He was worked over there for years, everyone knows him, and the Taliban actually called him in London to see if he would come to Afghanistan and do an official interview with the new Taliban leaders) He said they were totally unprepared, and had no idea that collapse would go so quickly. They had no plans or preparations made, and told him they were caught completely flat-footed. So there WAS NO PLAN for immediate insurrection. The Taliban told John Pile they were just going to wait quietly until the U.S. pulled out before they did anything. That is why there haven't been any American deaths recently, prior to the efforts by the Islamic State to do suicide bombings. (And you'll notice that we have stopped a couple of those already, with information provided to the British by the Taliban themselves.)
Anyway, the transports are almost at an end, and it looks like we will get virtually everyone out before the deadline.
I hope things stay stable for these last few days. We have to finish tomorrow, and it looks like we will make it.
It's not partisan politics. It's the logic of the matter. Afghanistan was lost years ago. We just had to find a way to get out with the smallest possible losses.
And I'm sorry that the 13 marines died. Unlike all the pro-war nuts that were cheering our invasion, I never wanted ANY Americans to die over there, and I still don't.

The Following User Says Thank You to William May For This Useful Post:
Coreym07