JavaScript and Cookies are required to view this site. Please enable both in your browser settings.
Stroud Woman Shot the Man Who Smashed Her Patio Door
Documenting Reality Police, Fire, & Government Real 911 Calls & Police Dispatch Audio Stroud Woman Shot the Man Who Smashed Her Patio Door

Stroud Woman Shot the Man Who Smashed Her Patio Door

Current Rating:

Unlimited Views No Ads No Algorithms Lifetime Account

Documenting Reality

Community Forum · Est. 2006

Join Now
Thread Tools ▾
  #1  
● 01-15-2010, 06:43 AM
chris's Avatar
chris
Offline:
★ ★ GENERAL ★ ★
Poster Rank:37
male
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 42,015
Contributions: 35
 
Mentioned: 2255 Post(s)
Quoted: 21159 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
10/20 20/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss42015
Stroud Woman Shot the Man Who Smashed Her Patio Door

Donna Jackson, 57, shot and killed Bill Riley, 53, after he threw a patio table through her glass door in rural Lincoln County, Oklahoma, in December 2009, while a 911 dispatcher stayed on the line.

Jackson was home alone near Stroud while her husband worked a night shift. About 12:30 a.m. she called 911 to report that a man was trying to get in through her patio door. Sheriff Chuck Mangion said the man screamed at her and threatened to hurt her.

"They need to hurry. He's going to break this thing open," Jackson told the dispatcher. "When he does, I'll have to kill him and I don't want to kill him."

For nearly ten minutes the man banged on the door and shouted while Jackson stayed on the phone and armed herself with a shotgun. He then picked up a patio table, threw it through the glass door and stepped inside. Jackson shot him once in the chest. The dispatcher heard the glass break and the shot.

"I shot him. I'm going out front. I hit him. God help me," she said. "Please dear God. I think I killed him."

Investigators said Riley may have been under the influence of alcohol or narcotics and had crashed his pickup truck while driving near the house shortly before. It was never established why he went there.

Two Lincoln County dispatchers, Brenda Hart and Joan Herd, were on the call. "I can hear him banging the doors and yelling at her. I was scared for her," Hart said. Herd said the hardest part was hearing Jackson pray for forgiveness.

District Attorney Richard Smothermon found the shooting justified under Oklahoma's stand-your-ground law and no charges were filed.

The recording runs about five minutes and covers the period from the man at the door through the shot and the arrival of deputies.
stroud-woman-shot.jpg
106.4 KB ·7 views
stroud-woman-shot-2.mp3
mp3 1.84 MB ·2 views
Download
__________________
Support the site and our continued existance by upgrading to a Green Name
▼ PROMO FROM DOCUMENTING REALITY
Where there is will, there's a way
Join Now
Hidden for upgraded members.
Documenting Reality Police, Fire, & Government Real 911 Calls & Police Dispatch Audio Stroud Woman Shot the Man Who Smashed Her Patio Door
Documenting Reality Police, Fire, & Government Real 911 Calls & Police Dispatch Audio Stroud Woman Shot the Man Who Smashed Her Patio Door


Powered by vBulletin Copyright 2000-2010 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO