|
#4
●
04-03-2015, 12:19 AM
|
| My Rank: STAFF SERGEANT Poster Rank:830 Join Date: Apr 2010 Posts: 930 Mentioned: 10 Post(s) Quoted: 501 Post(s) Thanked: 1,219 |
|
Re: Tree Falls Just in Front of Car
It's termed sudden limb drop. There doesn't necessarily need to be any excessive winds to be the cause. I was an arborist for 28 years. I experienced first hand and heard many times of this phenomena. At times there have been fatalities. |
|
#5
●
04-03-2015, 01:16 AM
|
| So Fucking Banned Poster Rank:178 Join Date: May 2010 Posts: 8,796
Contributions: 3
Mentioned: 30 Post(s) Quoted: 5360 Post(s) Thanked: 11,838 |
|
Re: Tree Falls Just in Front of Car
that was a whole birch tree, not a limb.didn't look super windy, but with no leaves out you can't tell. in the video you can see others down... I suspect in the previous growing season(s) they got eaten by beetles and weakened, and now in spring/thawing they are dropping in the wind
|